The Most Important Verse in the Bible

well-----weather------I do love the book of Genesis. and long ago I was able to recite the first page------in Hebrew-----sorta-----it is majestic. HOWEVAH----face
facts-------it is poetry. (much better in Hebrew than in English---but not bad
in English) In my SUBLIME opinion-----(as oracle at usmb) ---the most
important statement in the entire book of genesis is directed at CAIN----(the jerk who killed his brother ABEL) It is "CHOOSE LIFE"! I have heard from my local sources when I asked how is "PROPHET" defined-----that a prophet is a person
who has communicated with G-d-----kinda directly.------According to Genesis----CAIN DID and, therefore-----what was SAID to CAIN is of utmost importance.
I am horrified to report-------EVE did not-----she got the snake

In my exalted opinion ----the theme of the book of genesis is -----FREE CHOICE FOR MANKIND (in English that includes girls). -----free choice----<<<<its a big cosmic deal
But if you don't believe Genesis 1:1 is true, Cain was just doing what nature allows. There is no such thing as evil without Genesis 1:1.

I do not "GET" your comment------The bible itself does not -----on the first page---
actually DEFINE "evil" ------in fact it is only when the CHOOOSE LIFE statement
comes up is LIFE equated with GOOD (vs evil) and the action of CAIN in killing his brother DEFINED as "EVIL". Before that----G-d is just an authority figure ----
that can hurt those who cross him
If there is no God, there is no such thing as good and evil. Humans then are no more significant than a blob of algae.

algae is of the PLANT KINGDOM-------you function on ---for energy on THE KREBS CYCLE-----------
You're right. Without God humans are probably less significant than a blob of algae.

no------humans CAN THINK---------even manipulate Sir Isaac Newton's CALCULUS---------(I used to do that-----but I certainly could never have INVENTED
it-------Newton was SPECIAL ----even for a human-----an nowhere near algae)

Everything in the universe came from the Waters.
Thus, everything deserves respect.

Sheeesh If a preggo lady BREAKS HER WATERS-------she has really SCREWED THINGS UP
She breaks her WATER, NOT her WATERS.

sheeeesh -----you is picky. Ask a lady who has the experience-----WATER EVERYWHERE
That's why we went wood floor.

why? so the water soaks in and leaks into the room below?-------preggo ladies
should spend the last month in an empty swimming pool----CEMENT

The Torah or the Jewish scriptures are a " tree of life" for all those who partake of it(eat of) ... The problem came along when others came along and ate from other " trees" these trees promise " life" but do not deliver it.... The interesting and deeper thing is you shall know these " others" by the " fruit" they produce or bare..... For example radical Islam bears the fruit of violence and their " fruit" fills the earth so you shall know them by this " fruit" I could go on but it is better if people figure things out by themselves and see where they fit in the GENES of ISrael(genesis) and what " fruits" they bare and whether it is a rotten fruit or aPAUL or not.... Wink...

C'mon. That's a real stretch. If you want to believe the Bible as a metaphor, you can interpret thousands of passages in many different ways.

So He drove the man out; and at the east of the garden of Eden He stationed the cherubim and the flaming sword which turned every direction to guard the way to the tree of life.

Genesis 1:28.And God blessed them; and God said unto them: 'Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that creepeth upon the earth.'

Subdue...by studying and mastering it...science.

does that include rewriting scripture to correct the many errors and not just for reasons of scientific study -

and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that creepeth upon the earth.

obviously were the above even true its applied results over the millennia can only be described as non existent to detrimental due to its scriptural interpretation.

Genesis 1:28.And God blessed them; and God said unto them: 'Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that creepeth upon the earth.'

does that include rewriting scripture to correct the many errors and not just for reasons of scientific study -

and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that creepeth upon the earth.

obviously were the above even true its applied results over the millennia can only be described as non existent to detrimental due to its scriptural interpretation.

No

Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

If you don't believe that, everything else following is meaningless. And if Genesis 1:1 is not true, life is meaningless, you are just a byproduct of some random cosmic event.

Now some atheists can claim their lives have meaning. But they just made it up on their own. Just like we made God up. So their lives have no purpose.

This verse is pretty important:

Mark 13:32
English Standard Version (ESV)
(32) “But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

It proves that the Father is all-knowing but that Jesus is not all-knowing showing the limitedness of Jesus and the non-limitedness of God.

Suprised no Christian has brought up John 3 v16.
I'm a bit afraid to try and say which verse is MOST important. Maybe some day God will tell me. I will be sure to pass it along. No one would accept it anyway.

If you don't believe that, everything else following is meaningless. And if Genesis 1:1 is not true, life is meaningless, you are just a byproduct of some random cosmic event.

Now some atheists can claim their lives have meaning. But they just made it up on their own. Just like we made God up. So their lives have no purpose.
Can I infer that you want your life to have meaning and that is why you believe in God?

But if there is no God and you base your life on something that isn't real then your life truly has no purpose. I base my life on what I know is real, family, friends, good deeds, helping others, etc. My life has purpose whether or not there is a God.

Can I infer that you want your life to have meaning and that is why you believe in God?

But if there is no God and you base your life on something that isn't real then your life truly has no purpose. I base my life on what I know is real, family, friends, good deeds, helping others, etc. My life has purpose whether or not there is a God.
I have little doubt Genesis is true. And from that I have learned from the following books what life is about.

If I wanted to make up a purpose of life and how to live it, it would involve a lot of things those books say I shouldn't do.

So to your point, you are 180 degrees from the truth.

But yes, I pity those like you who must create their own purpose but always know it is pointless.

I have little doubt it's allegory but that is just me.
Save your pity, I don't deserve it. Give it to those who believe in lies, which means the majority of people in this world.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have little doubt it's allegory but that is just me.
Save your pity, I don't deserve it. Give it to those who believe in lies, which means the majority of people in this world.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
What's your excuse for creating your delusion?
You don't want to go out of your way to help the poor?
Keep all of the money you stepped on others to get and not help the poor?
What exactly is it?

Suprised no Christian has brought up John 3 v16.
I'm a bit afraid to try and say which verse is MOST important. Maybe some day God will tell me. I will be sure to pass it along. No one would accept it anyway.
If G1:1 is not true then J3:16 is not true. It's a chain reaction.
And what's to be afraid of?
Most important Commandment is Do Not Steal. Why? The other 9 are just different forms of stealing.

You're right about the verse. Had that not happened, we wouldn't be here. But for me the most important verse in the Bible is:
"......He rose."

Go look up how to construct a syllogism.

Your attempt is a mess.

If you don't believe that, everything else following is meaningless. And if Genesis 1:1 is not true, life is meaningless, you are just byproduct of some random cosmic event.

You can define God as that entity that created the universe. But the idea of worshiping that entity does not follow. I have no need to define God, but I think the pursuit of physics and the hard sciences in studying the universe is a far more meaningful liturgy than that from a church.
Common fallacy to attempt to segregate science and the Bible. The two dovetail each other.
Look up common fallacy.

C'mon. That's a real stretch. If you want to believe the Bible as a metaphor, you can interpret thousands of passages in many different ways. I have never seen your interpretation.
The topic is the most important verse in the Bible.
What drives you to come to this thread and start attacking people's beliefs in it?
Good chance it's self doubt.
No problem, many of us crazy Christians started out that way.

Forum List

Back