The most accurate poll has Romney up by 5

i will tell you the difference. I offered accurate information from a reputable source
I made no claims
Rasmussen conducted a poll, I shared it with the message board
I wish the Left wingers would the same so we could have an honest open debate

Rasmussen had Obama by 6 points in the 2008 elections.

And at the time of the printing of your link, the claim that Rasmussen was closest would be accurate...

HOWEVER.

In the FINAL tally on the 2008 Presidential elections Obama won by 7.3 Points, which made at least 5 other polling agencies closer than Rasmussen, including CNN, NBC, Ipsos, Fox News, TIPP.

Rasmussen was in fact tied for 6th place in the results race, along with Pew Research.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - General Election: McCain vs. Obama

But even putting that aside, Rasmussen's results that week were surprisingly in line with all the other polling agencies, leaving us to wonder why they are such an outlier the rest of the time.

For instance, at the moment, they are 6 points away from the nearest other polling agency on the Romney/Obama race.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/president_obama_vs_republican_candidates.html

6 points being WELL beyond the margin of error.

But you go on keeping up the lie that Rasmussen is "the most accurate".

Last edited:
Apparently Scott Rasmussen is fond of playing to his audience to get ratings, and then coming closer to the actual numbers when crunch time comes around.

And even then, he's not the most accurate.

i will tell you the difference. I offered accurate information from a reputable source
I made no claims
Rasmussen conducted a poll, I shared it with the message board
I wish the Left wingers would the same so we could have an honest open debate

Rasmussen had Obama by 6 points in the 2008 elections.

And at the time of the printing of your link, the claim that Rasmussen was closest would be accurate...

HOWEVER.

In the FINAL tally on the 2008 Presidential elections Obama won by 7.3 Points, which made at least 5 other polling agencies closer than Rasmussen, including CNN, NBC, Ipsos, Fox News, TIPP.

Rasmussen was in fact tied for 6th place in the results race, along with Pew Research.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - General Election: McCain vs. Obama

But even putting that aside, Rasmussen's results that week were surprisingly in line with all the other polling agencies, leaving us to wonder why they are such an outlier the rest of the time.

For instance, at the moment, they are 6 points away from the nearest other polling agency on the Romney/Obama race.

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

6 points being WELL beyond the margin of error.

But you go on keeping up the lie that Rasmussen is "the most accurate".

Lie?
you missed this I guess
http://www.fordham.edu/images/acade...ccuracy in the 2008 presidential election.pdf
And Gallup has Romney up also as much as 5%
Gallup.Com - Daily News, Polls, Public Opinion on Politics, Economy, Wellbeing, and World
toss up here
Gallup: Romney Opens Up 5 Point Lead Over Obama
this was 4 weeks ago

OH, wait, when you said "most accurate" I didn't realize you were using Bizarro World Logic and citing Rasmussen, who is almost never right.

Bizarro.jpg

Rassmuseen am always right except when he wrong

I always love how the left will dismiss Rasmussen when their polls don't favor Obama but they had no problem with them when they showed Obama with a seven point lead in the 08 election or when Obama's approval rating was in the 60s.

OH, wait, when you said "most accurate" I didn't realize you were using Bizarro World Logic and citing Rasmussen, who is almost never right.

Bizarro.jpg

Rassmuseen am always right except when he wrong

It us not me stating that about Rasmussen even though I do agree
Poll Accuracy in the 2008 Presidential Election
—Initial Report, November 5, 2008—
Costas Panagopoulos, Ph.D.
Department of Political Science
Fordham University
For inquiries: [email protected] or (917) 405-9069
For all the derision directed toward pre-election polling, the final poll estimates were not
far off from the actual nationwide voteshares for the two candidates. On average, preelection polls from 23 public polling organizations projected a Democratic advantage of
7.52 percentage points on Election Day, which is only about 1.37 percentage points away
from the current estimate of a 6.15-point Obama margin in the national popular vote.
Following the procedures proposed by Martin, Traugott and Kennedy (see Public Opinion
Quarterly, Fall 2006, pp. 342-369) to assess poll accuracy, I analyze poll estimates from
these 23 polling organizations. Four of these polls appear to have overestimated McCain
support (indicated with a * below), while most polls (17) overestimated Obama strength.
Pre-election projections for two organizations’ final polls—Rasmussen and Pew—were
perfectly in agreement with the actual election result (**)
The following list ranks the 23 organizations by the accuracy of their final, national preelection polls (as reported on pollster.com).
1. Rasmussen (11/1-3)**
1. Pew (10/29-11/1)**
2. YouGov/Polimetrix (10/18-11/1)
3. Harris Interactive (10/20-27)
4. GWU (Lake/Tarrance) (11/2-3)*
5. Diageo/Hotline (10/31-11/2)*
5. ARG (10/25-27)*
6. CNN (10/30-11/1)
6. Ipsos/McClatchy (10/30-11/1)
7. DailyKos.com (D)/Research 2000 (11/1-3)
8. AP/Yahoo/KN (10/17-27)
9. Democracy Corps (D) (10/30-11/2)
10. FOX (11/1-2)
11. Economist/YouGov (10/25-27)
12. IBD/TIPP (11/1-3)
13. NBC/WSJ (11/1-2)
14. ABC/Post (10/30-11/2)
15. Marist College (11/3)
16. CBS (10/31-11/2)
17. Gallup (10/31-11/2)
18. Reuters/ C-SPAN/ Zogby (10/31-11/3)
19. CBS/Times (10/25-29)
20. Newsweek (10/22

Last edited:
Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

Rasmussen had the 2008 election as the most accurate
http://www.fordham.edu/images/acade...ccuracy in the 2008 presidential election.pdf
1. Rasmussen (11/1-3)**
1. Pew (10/29-11/1)**
5. ARG (10/25-27)*
6. CNN (10/30-11/1)
10. FOX (11/1-2)
12. IBD/TIPP (11/1-3)
13. NBC/WSJ (11/1-2)
16. CBS (10/31-11/2)
17. Gallup (10/31-11/2)
19. CBS/Times (10/25-29)
20. Newsweek (10/22-23)

Romney 49
BHO 44

Gallup had the same spread about 2 weeks ago with a much larger un decided number. This with the OBL/Navy seal justice event non-stop advertisement going on as BHO pulled the trigger
No Jobs, it is that simple with a unstoppable

Rasmussen is the least accurate of the major polling companies, b/c they have a right-leaning bias in thei questions.

You should know that before you make an assertion

The most accurate is the RCP avg and, generally, the analysis done by Nate Silver at fivethirtyeight.com

Last edited:
Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

Rasmussen had the 2008 election as the most accurate
1. Rasmussen (11/1-3)**
1. Pew (10/29-11/1)**
5. ARG (10/25-27)*
6. CNN (10/30-11/1)
10. FOX (11/1-2)
12. IBD/TIPP (11/1-3)
13. NBC/WSJ (11/1-2)
16. CBS (10/31-11/2)
17. Gallup (10/31-11/2)
19. CBS/Times (10/25-29)
20. Newsweek (10/22-23)

Romney 49
BHO 44

Gallup had the same spread about 2 weeks ago with a much larger un decided number. This with the OBL/Navy seal justice event non-stop advertisement going on as BHO pulled the trigger
No Jobs, it is that simple with a unstoppable

Rasmussen is the least accurate of the major polling companies, b/c they have a right-leaning bias in thei questions.

You should know that before you make an assertion

The most accurate is the RCP avg and, generally, the analysis done by Nate Silver at fivethirtyeight.com

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...-aj_CA&usg=AFQjCNHufCudIqNZ1ji5L0aVFEJcALBS_g
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...-aj_CA&usg=AFQjCNHufCudIqNZ1ji5L0aVFEJcALBS_g

You might want to read this one also
Election 2010: How Did We Do? - Rasmussen Reports™
They missed reids re election bad, that was the exception

I always love how the left will dismiss Rasmussen when their polls don't favor Obama but they had no problem with them when they showed Obama with a seven point lead in the 08 election or when Obama's approval rating was in the 60s.

Actually, I reject Rasmussen because he shows results that other people don't show when the GOP needs a boost or something to talk about.

Most other polls show Obama leading or tied. Rassmussen pulls this 7 point lead out of his ass.

The most accurate poll has

.... a 3% margin of error. Looks like a pretty tight race.

Not according to the Liberals on this board we have thread after thread where they have demanded to make a bet that WHEN, not if Obama wins Conservatives will leave the board, or stated Obama will win in a landslide or the one I liked was where the claim was Obama had something like 257 electoral votes to Romney's 100 and some.

The Liberals on this board insist Obama will win handily and that Romney hasn't a chance.

That's because Obama will beat Romney by a larger margin than he beat McCain.

Actually, I reject Rasmussen because he shows results that other people don't show when the GOP needs a boost or something to talk about.

Most other polls show Obama leading or tied. Rassmussen pulls this 7 point lead out of his ass.

Gallup had him up by 5% 3 weeks ago
Your not liking it and ABC/post having it the other way will be seen in Nov
I have a strong feeling that it will be not as close as you think
But we will see

Rasmussen has no reason to lie, BTW
Latest AP Poll Sample Skews to Democrats by 17 Points - By Jim Geraghty - The Campaign Spot - National Review Online
Talking about lies

No, I didn't miss that. You missed the fact that the results used in that were not the FINAL results.

The study you linked was dated Nov 5th, and used data from election night, not the final data.

As of yesterday, Gallup had Romney up by 1%, a statistical tie. Not 5%.

Gallup Presidential Election Trial Heat Results: Barack Obama vs. Mitt Romney

And never quote "NewsMax". You might as well be quoting the RNC.

obama is going to lose and lose very badly. obumble carried North Carolina, Indiana and Colorado last time, those are gone now. Ohio is likely gone, and Pennsylvania went from a sure thing to a possible loss.

Not according to the Liberals on this board we have thread after thread where they have demanded to make a bet that WHEN, not if Obama wins Conservatives will leave the board, or stated Obama will win in a landslide or the one I liked was where the claim was Obama had something like 257 electoral votes to Romney's 100 and some.

The Liberals on this board insist Obama will win handily and that Romney hasn't a chance.

Why is that?
UE is a lie, even the Main stream has reported that
there was 500,000 people left the work force last month
we spent 1 trillion dollars more in 2010 than the last GOP budget of 2007
You think the 2010 landslide was mistake? that it really did not happen?
what do you think that because he supports the states deciding the Gay marriage issue that changed people the minds of people out of work and there families?

Every state that has voted on that issue including California has voted it down
You do not think people are to dumb to know why he did that?

Last edited:

And how do you know that? Or is it just your wishful thinking? Today's Rasmussen poll had Romney 7 points ahead of Obama. Obama is in big trouble, everyone is seeing that.

Forum List

Back