The Moral Decline of America is exemplified by two different A-B commercials, 20 years apart

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
2002: The most touching, memorable commercial I can recall was the Super Bowl commercial shortly after 9/11, when beautiful Clydesdale horses trotted through the gorgeous American countryside at dawn, to eventually arrive at NYC, and, with no words spoken by a narrator, bowed their hands in homage to the innocent victims of Islamic terrorists.

2023: Some weird gay guy dressed up like a woman.

Note to mods: there is no link because this is an original thought. Not everything has to be a mimic of someone else’s opinion, I hope.

2002: The most touching, memorable commercial I can recall was the Super Bowl commercial shortly after 9/11, when beautiful Clydesdale horses trotted through the gorgeous American countryside at dawn, to eventually arrive at NYC, and, with no words spoken by a narrator, bowed their hands in homage to the innocent victims of Islamic terrorists.

Note to mods: there is no link because this is an original thought. Not everything has to be a mimic of someone else’s opinion, I hope.
Funny how you use a company that makes and distributes alcohol, one of the single most destructive drugs humans have ever used , as an example of morality.

Funny how you use a company that makes and distributes alcohol, one of the single most destructive drugs humans have ever used , as an example of morality.
Funny how you won’t speak to the difference in approach between 2002 and 2023.

And alcohol is dangerous to those who choose to misuse it. I enjoy a frosty mug of beer with my pizza, especially on a hot summer night.

They're only commercials designed to sell a product. Neither one gives me any feelings of pride or disgust. I don't drink Bud. I only buy foreign beer.

Funny how you won’t speak to the difference in approach between 2002 and 2023.

And alcohol is dangerous to those who choose to misuse it. I enjoy a frosty mug of beer with my pizza, especially on a hot summer night.

Using advertising as an example of morality is absolutely ludicrous.

Advertising is a duplicitous and manipulative business.

And 10 years before that, one guy was telling another guy, "I love you man" in an bud light ad.

Using advertising as an example of morality is absolutely ludicrous.

Advertising is a duplicitous and manipulative business.
It shows the impact of “wokeness.” It reflects society as well as what is being taught on liberal college campuses.

If I were back in my student days, i could write an entire thesis surrounding this issue.

Of course, it would be booed by the liberal educators, and I would be put down for it. ESPECIALLY if I were at Harvard, where the Marketing Director got her MBA.

It shows the impact of “wokeness.” It reflects society as well as what is being taught on liberal college campuses.

If I were back in my student days, i could write an entire thesis surrounding this issue.

Of course, it would be booed by the liberal educators, and I would be put down for it. ESPECIALLY if I were at Harvard, where the Marketing Director got her MBA.
No it shows that a corporation will pander to the whims and emotions of a target audience.

No it shows that a corporation will pander to the whims and emotions of a target audience.
No, it shows that Wokeism has infiltrated the corporate world, largely thanks to the MBAs from leftist universities, who think it‘s smart business to ignore the majority of the customer base to pander to 1% of its buyers.

Same reason we see the majority of ads being of blacks when the majority of America, and thus the customer base, is white.

Is it too late to buy puts, do you think? I wouldn’t mind profiting from A-B’s decline. I could spend it on some other company’s beer.
I'm sure there's still time, their stock has gone up. Companies like Blackrock are huge woke supporters.

No, it shows that Wokeism has infiltrated the corporate world, largely thanks to the MBAs from leftist universities, who think its smart to ignore the majority of the customer base to pander to 1% of its buyers.

Same reason we see the majority of ads being of blacks when the majority of America, and thus the customer base, is white.

You're incorrect of course.

If BUD thought they could increase sales by having a serial killer for a spokesperson they absolutely would do so.

Forum List

Back