THE MONROE DOCTRINE IS DEAD:

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City

Obama apologizes for all U.S. "meddling" in Latin America since... 1823

Hope and Change. Did that mean totally destroying America's standing everywhere in the world? Obama is making a mockery of this nation everywhere and whenever he can. He not only shakes hand with a cruel Cuban dictator but site down to dinner with him! The same dictator who has his thugs beating up anybody who dares demonstrate against the Cuban regime at the summit in Panama.

“The days in which our agenda in this hemisphere so often presumed that the United States could meddle with impunity, those days are past,” Obama said.

I was going to link to a particular story, bnt there are so many that I'm not going to bother to do so.

Won't it be nice to someday have an American president?

Why can't the US tell the other American nations what kind of government we want them to have and how to run their countries? We're bigger than they are.

Strange...this from a POTUS who is meddling in numerous areas around the world...starting wars, toppling dictators, imposing sanctions, and committing coups.

Maybe his denunciation of the Monroe Doctrine is caused by his preference for the spread of communism.

Strange...this from a POTUS who is meddling in numerous areas around the world...starting wars, toppling dictators, imposing sanctions, and committing coups.

Maybe his denunciation of the Monroe Doctrine is caused by his preference for the spread of communism.
Yes every ME nation has turned to communism, even Russia......

Please do not comment on my posts. I prefer not dealing with idiots like you.

You apparently do not know what the Monroe Doctrine is.

It's a doctrine of empire building......It's what all good Christians do....

Ethical humans would think the end of the Monroe Doctrine is a good thing.

Thugs would think otherwise. They want the USA to act like supreme dictator of the hemisphere, toppling governments at will.

The OP doesn't link to anything.

But putting the Obama derangement syndrome aside, the fact is the United States does have a history of meddling in the affairs of other American nations, and usually not in a good way for the people of those nations.

Yes, we tell ourselves that we were protecting them from domination by Europe, and that might have been true up until WWII, anyway. But we also supported guys like Pinochet, Somoza, Batista and a bunch of other bad actors.

Cuba is a great example of our hubris. They threw out a dictator they hated. We tried to impose ourselves on them, and they turned to our enemy for protection. 25 years after the end of the Cold War, we are still punishing Cuba.

Seriously?

It's a doctrine of empire building......It's what all good Christians do....
:wtf:

Why can't the US tell the other American nations what kind of government we want them to have and how to run their countries? We're bigger than they are.

LOL, you don't even know what the Monroe Doctrine is. Leftists, wow, it's like you don't realize Google is right at your fingertips before you click the "Post I don't know what I'm talking about" button...

LOL, you don't even know what the Monroe Doctrine is. Leftists, wow, it's like you don't realize Google is right at your fingertips before you click the "Post I don't know what I'm talking about" button...
If you knew you would have to ask someone else, same for the Gipper....

We tried to impose ourselves on them, and they turned to our enemy for protection.

There are a lot of

If you knew you would have to ask someone else, same for the Gipper....

I think you put a little too much whiskey in your coffee this morning. Usually you are a dullard, but you can't even make sense today

Apparently it is YOU who have no idea of what te Monroe Doctrine entails.....(First look at JoeB response)....The Doctrine was enacted to prevent European countries such as Spain, France and England froIm COLONIZING South and Central America.
PERIOD!!!

It was the US who meddled (and in some cases still is) in the affairs of Chile, Argentina, Venezuela, etc.......

If you, right wingers, are looking to fulfill your eternal objective of bashing Obama, there are many other issues to debate.......The "death" of the Monroe Doctrine, ain't one of them.....Stop being idiots.

The clown hates America so I'm not surprised.

But, but you forgot to mention that he is a black Kenyan, Muslim, communist...Those folks at FOX would be very disappointed in your forgetfulness.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back