The mass's of Disillusioned Republicans speak--Funny but true.

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
For over a year now I have been trying to warn Republicans and conservatives about Donald Trump. During this time period I have always been certain that he was not one of us and that his presence in the Republican primaries would either directly, or indirectly lead to Hillary Clinton’s election.

I have continued to sound this alarm even after his nomination, largely because I knew that the general election, barring a catastrophic event, was effectively over as soon as Trump was the GOP candidate. To me, resistance was futile and counterproductive (why would I want my side blamed for the results if Trump somehow got elected?). I also felt strongly that conservative/libertarian principles were more valuable than to be sold for a couple of magic beans in the form of a liberal, reality TV conman and that by at least educating conservatives to the coming disaster that I might play some very small part it trying to make sure it never happens again. For this stance I have been literally called every dirty name you can think of (and used a few myself in frustrated retaliation), and been accused of actively supporting Hillary for president.

However, as time has gone on I have realized that there is a flaw in my premise. I thought that I understood what it meant to be a conservative or a Republican. To me that involved believing in limited government, a strong national defense, fiscal responsibility, constitutional principles, character and honesty in our leadership, and accountability for one’s own actions. What I have been very late to realize is that none of these things are particularly important in today’s Republican Party because the platform apparently got completely changed without anyone telling me.

In fact, a list of what “Republicans” now stand for has nothing at all to do with policy or principle, but rather is filled with beliefs about very specific concepts. For instance, being a member of the current GOP pretty much requires you to pledge allegiance to most, if not all, of the following views:

• That Hillary and Bill Clinton are at least an accessories to murder if not murderers, the DNC killed a member of its staff for leaking her emails, her use of which was the greatest national security breech in history, and Vince Foster killed himself because of Hillary nagging him (assuming he really wasn’t murdered).
  • Hillary Clinton is hiding a severe illness which makes her incapable of holding office and which will soon cause her death (well, at least we might not have to worry about her serving two full terms!).
  • President Obama is easily the worst president in history, a Muslim terrorist sympathizer, the founder of ISIS, and likely wasn’t really born in the United States.
  • The Republican “establishment” is a bunch of impotent losers because they lost two elections to a media darling and can’t override vetoes without a super majority, but a guy who has never been truly leading a candidate like Hillary in the polls is a sure winner.
  • Conservative writers at the National Review and Weekly Standard along with Charles Krauthammer, George Will and Brit Hume are all out-of-touch wimps who can’t be trusted to tell us the truth, but Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Matt Drudge and Alex Jones would never lie to us for profit (expect for maybe that whole Alex Jones “9/11 Truther” thing, which we’ll sort of pretend didn’t happen).
  • When in doubt, Trump is always right, no matter what he has said in the past, even when it has directly contradicted his previous statement, and even if that happens on the same day, or in the same interview.
  • Deporting illegal immigrants and building a huge wall on our Mexican border is the most important thing we must do, unless Trump changes his mind.
  • There is nothing more significant (especially now that we’ve forgotten about that whole illegal immigration thing) than making sure that the person who picks the next Supreme Court justice is the same guy who was recently favors eminent domain and curtailing the First Amendment, and who picked Arsenio Hall and Piers Morgan as the “Celebrity Apprentice.”
  • The news media has never been more biased than they are against Trump, which is why they gave him two billion dollars in free advertising in the primaries and why he just hired the head of a major conservative “news” outlet to head his campaign while using Sean Hannity and Roger Ailes as advisors.
  • The background of a potential First Lady and her ability to properly represent the country no longer matters (that’s so 2008!).
  • Experience in public office no longer matters (that’s so 2008!).
  • Using a Teleprompter is good, unless it is bad (that’s so 2008!).
  • Flip-flopping means nothing (so 2004!).
  • Releasing your tax returns (even when you entire campaign is based on your wealth) means nothing.
  • Words mean nothing.
  • Having class or decency means nothing.
  • Limited government means nothing.
  • Fiscal responsibility means nothing.
  • Cozying up to Vladimir Putin is numerous bizarre ways means nothing.
  • Campaigning as an amazing manager of people but running a campaign that is in constant chaos and disarray means nothing.
  • Lying is a total disqualifier for Hillary, but when Trump lies it is simply part of the “Art of the Deal.”
  • Polls are either wrong or part of a massive nonsensical conspiracy, unless Trump is winning.
    Facts mean nothing (unless they are sanctified by Matt Drudge, in which case they are then gospel).
  • Stories from “mainstream” media sources are inherently wrong, even if all they are doing is reporting Trump’s actual words.
  • Hillary is the worst person who has ever lived and would be such a dangerous president that we must do everything possible to defeat her, except actually bother to consider electability when it comes to picking our nominee.
So it is now all so clear to me. It’s not that Donald Trump isn’t a conservative or a Republican. It’s that I’m not.
All Along I Thought Trump Wasn’t a Conservative/Republican, But Now I Realize I’m Not

I imagine there are millions of Republicans that are still wondering when did we lose the party platform of Lincoln and Reagan--and end up with this new party of Donald Trump. Who's responsible for that, and why didn't they inform the majority of the party, (moderate Republicans) of this change--LOL

images

Tea-Party-agenda-GOP.jpg

Last edited:
Dozens of delusional bed wetting liberals rant here all the time.

It isn't funny though. It's pathetic.

OP is a real Jamaican oracle. Maybe he can take Mizz Cleo's place who deep-sixed? (Sidebar: Ms. Cleo used a fake Jamaican accent, as she was born and raised in L.A.. See what you can learn reading dumb threads?)

For over a year now I have been trying to warn Republicans and conservatives about Donald Trump. During this time period I have always been certain that he was not one of us and that his presence in the Republican primaries would either directly, or indirectly lead to Hillary Clinton’s election.

I have continued to sound this alarm even after his nomination, largely because I knew that the general election, barring a catastrophic event, was effectively over as soon as Trump was the GOP candidate. To me, resistance was futile and counterproductive (why would I want my side blamed for the results if Trump somehow got elected?). I also felt strongly that conservative/libertarian principles were more valuable than to be sold for a couple of magic beans in the form of a liberal, reality TV conman and that by at least educating conservatives to the coming disaster that I might play some very small part it trying to make sure it never happens again. For this stance I have been literally called every dirty name you can think of (and used a few myself in frustrated retaliation), and been accused of actively supporting Hillary for president.

However, as time has gone on I have realized that there is a flaw in my premise. I thought that I understood what it meant to be a conservative or a Republican. To me that involved believing in limited government, a strong national defense, fiscal responsibility, constitutional principles, character and honesty in our leadership, and accountability for one’s own actions. What I have been very late to realize is that none of these things are particularly important in today’s Republican Party because the platform apparently got completely changed without anyone telling me.

In fact, a list of what “Republicans” now stand for has nothing at all to do with policy or principle, but rather is filled with beliefs about very specific concepts. For instance, being a member of the current GOP pretty much requires you to pledge allegiance to most, if not all, of the following views:

• That Hillary and Bill Clinton are at least an accessories to murder if not murderers, the DNC killed a member of its staff for leaking her emails, her use of which was the greatest national security breech in history, and Vince Foster killed himself because of Hillary nagging him (assuming he really wasn’t murdered).
  • Hillary Clinton is hiding a severe illness which makes her incapable of holding office and which will soon cause her death (well, at least we might not have to worry about her serving two full terms!).
  • President Obama is easily the worst president in history, a Muslim terrorist sympathizer, the founder of ISIS, and likely wasn’t really born in the United States.
  • The Republican “establishment” is a bunch of impotent losers because they lost two elections to a media darling and can’t override vetoes without a super majority, but a guy who has never been truly leading a candidate like Hillary in the polls is a sure winner.
  • Conservative writers at the National Review and Weekly Standard along with Charles Krauthammer, George Will and Brit Hume are all out-of-touch wimps who can’t be trusted to tell us the truth, but Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Matt Drudge and Alex Jones would never lie to us for profit (expect for maybe that whole Alex Jones “9/11 Truther” thing, which we’ll sort of pretend didn’t happen).
  • When in doubt, Trump is always right, no matter what he has said in the past, even when it has directly contradicted his previous statement, and even if that happens on the same day, or in the same interview.
  • Deporting illegal immigrants and building a huge wall on our Mexican border is the most important thing we must do, unless Trump changes his mind.
  • There is nothing more significant (especially now that we’ve forgotten about that whole illegal immigration thing) than making sure that the person who picks the next Supreme Court justice is the same guy who was recently favors eminent domain and curtailing the First Amendment, and who picked Arsenio Hall and Piers Morgan as the “Celebrity Apprentice.”
  • The news media has never been more biased than they are against Trump, which is why they gave him two billion dollars in free advertising in the primaries and why he just hired the head of a major conservative “news” outlet to head his campaign while using Sean Hannity and Roger Ailes as advisors.
  • The background of a potential First Lady and her ability to properly represent the country no longer matters (that’s so 2008!).
  • Releasing your tax returns (even when you entire campaign is based on your wealth) means nothing.
  • Words mean nothing.
  • Campaigning as an amazing manager of people but running a campaign that is in constant chaos and disarray means nothing.
  • Lying is a total disqualifier for Hillary, but when Trump lies it is simply part of the “Art of the Deal.”
  • Polls are either wrong or part of a massive nonsensical conspiracy, unless Trump is winning.
    Facts mean nothing (unless they are sanctified by Matt Drudge, in which case they are then gospel).
  • Stories from “mainstream” media sources are inherently wrong, even if all they are doing is reporting Trump’s actual words.
  • Hillary is the worst person who has ever lived and would be such a dangerous president that we must do everything possible to defeat her, except actually bother to consider electability when it comes to picking our nominee.
So it is now all so clear to me. It’s not that Donald Trump isn’t a conservative or a Republican. It’s that I’m not.
All Along I Thought Trump Wasn’t a Conservative/Republican, But Now I Realize I’m Not

I imagine there are millions of Republicans that are still wondering when did we lose the party platform of Lincoln and Reagan--and end up with this new party of Donald Trump. Who's responsible for that, and why didn't they inform the majority of the party, (moderate Republicans) of this change--LOL

images

Tea-Party-agenda-GOP.jpg
This is the greatest post I have ever seen on this forum. :clap:

I will bump it as often as I can until I get bored.

• That Hillary and Bill Clinton are at least an accessories to murder if not murderers, ...

I got to here and I was done with your stupidity.

What is your point with this bullshit?

You are sad your guy lost the primary?

I've been there. I know what you mean.

I didn't cry like a baby about it, nor try to sabotage the candidate.

Get with the program.

• Words mean nothing.

images

Tea-Party-agenda-GOP.jpg

Yep it came off of a Republican Face Book thread--someone captured it--and it's true. The party has been hijacked--and no one notified anyone of the new platform.

• That Hillary and Bill Clinton are at least an accessories to murder if not murderers, ...

Get with the program.

The point of this thread is--that most Republicans will support the nominee of the party--but when you completely change the Republican platform to suit the nominee--is where you will run into serious issues.--LOL

And in that is your disaster.

Last edited:

Get with the program.

The point of this thread is--that most Republicans will support the nominee of the party--but when you completely change the Republican platform to suit the nominee--is where you will run into serious issues.--LOL

The Nominee always sets the Platform.

The Republican voters choose this. If you missed that this would mean a change in the Platform, you have only yourself to blame for that.

Get with the program.

The Republican voters choose this. If you missed that this would mean a change in the Platform, you have only yourself to blame for that.

Nope the Republican party is no longer the party Lincoln & Reagan. That was the platform for well over a century. It is what gets Republicans sending in those donations to the party long before they even know who will be running for election. It is now the party of Trump. The party of anger, ignorance, bigotry, misogyny & extremism. In fact the 2016 platform is more extreme and divisive than ever, making certain that the party will continue to shrink in support and membership.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/19/opinion/the-most-extreme-republican-platform-in-memory.html?_r=1

In fact, you might as well put the Republican party on an endangered species list at this time.
Trump sends unprecedented numbers of GOP fleeing to Clinton

delaware-tea-party.jpg

Last edited:

Get with the program.

Nope the Republican party is no longer the party Lincoln & Reagan. That was the platform for well over a century. It is what gets Republicans sending in those donations to the party long before they even know who will be running for election. It is now the party of Trump. The party of anger, ignorance, bigotry, misogyny & extremism. In fact the 2016 platform is more extreme and divisive than ever, making certain that the party will continue to shrink in support and membership.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/19/opinion/the-most-extreme-republican-platform-in-memory.html?_r=1

In fact, you might as well put the Republican party on an endangered species list at this time.
Trump sends unprecedented numbers of GOP fleeing to Clinton...

Bullshit.

Trump is a populist and a nationalist.

That is not ignorant, not bigoted, not misogynistic, nor extreme.

There is a fair amount of justifiable anger. As well there should be.

Do you have anything to say to support your talking points?

Deporting illegals is not bigotry.

Not wanting to be the world's bitch on Trade is not ignorant.

Not wanting to fuck with Russia is hardly extreme.

Get with the program.

Bullshit.

Are you joking--did you actually ask me if I had anything to support my claim? You're extremely new to politics aren't you? I've never seen you on this board before.
Poll: Nearly half of Republican women wouldn't vote for Trump
I’ll Take Hillary Clinton Over Donald Trump
Mac Stipanovich: An open letter to my fellow Republicans

Friend and former staffer of Ronald Reagan said it all in 3 minutes. You do realize that the overwhelming majority of the party are Moderate Reaganites, don't you? Or maybe you don't know that either?

Get with the program.

Bullshit.

Are you joking--did you actually ask me if I had anything to support my claim? You're extremely new to politics aren't you? I've never seen you on this board before.
http://naplesteapartypatriots.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/delaware-tea-party.jpg?w=425&h=300

Friend and former staffer of Ronald Reagan said it all in 3 minutes. You do realize that the overwhelming majority of the party are Moderate Reaganites, don't you? Or maybe you don't know that either?
...DIA]

What claims do you think you are supporting there?

Bullshit.

http://naplesteapartypatriots.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/delaware-tea-party.jpg?w=425&h=300

...DIA]

That the Republican party has been hijacked by the Reich wing

Bullshit.

...DIA]

I've said nothing casting doubt on your whining about losing. Yes, you and your lost the primary.

I have been challenging your hysterical and vile accusations against those of us who have won.

Obviously, when I asked you to support your claims, I was talking about the ones I had been challenging.

And you have not done so.

Only a fool would make a Godwin reference in this context.

This is for you.

SjQclIQ.jpg

Bullshit.

...DIA]

I've said nothing casting doubt on your whining about losing. Yes, you and your lost the primary.

I have been challenging your hysterical and vile accusations against those of us who have won.

Obviously, when I asked you to support your claims, I was talking about the ones I had been challenging.

And you have not done so.

Only a fool would make a Godwin reference in this context.

This is for you.

SjQclIQ.jpg

The point is you haven't won. In fact it will be a landslide victory for Hillary Clinton, and Trump will also take the Republican senate with him, along with a ton of seats in the house, and down ballot races all across this country.

He has successfully chased off every voting block you can shake a stick at, and to put it bluntly there are not enough white angry, ignorant men in this country to push him across the finish line. For the first time in 60 years Republicans are losing the white educated voter.
Trump May Become The First Republican In 60 Years To Lose White College Graduates

The largest voting block in this country women, have a 73% negative opinion of Donald Trump.
73 percent of women voters have an 'unfavorable' view of Donald Trump
The GOP's woman problem goes beyond Trump

And of course Latino's, 17% of the population, or all 27 million of them are now solidly in Hillary Clinton's column, when historically since Reagan, the GOP nominee has had to capture at least 40% of this block to win the White House. This year it is 46%, and Trump is off the charts at a negative 80%.
GOP Win Will Need More Than 40 Percent Of Latino 2016 Vote, Says Study
Latino conservatives: If Donald Trump is the nominee, we will not work to elect him
Clinton Has 69-Point Lead Over Trump in Latest Latino Vote Tracking Poll - Latino USA

Add to that--that about 50% of the Republican party will not cast a vote for this Chimpanzee and it's fairly easy to see what the result is going to be on election night.

You Wanted Trump, You’ve Got Him | The American Spectator

1964PresElect.jpg

Only color Arizona & Georgia blue, as Hillary Clinton is leading there.
Clinton holds 3-point lead over Trump in Arizona, says poll

In fact, she has already pulled out of several battleground states, and Trump is losing 10 states that Romney won.
Confident Clinton Pulling Ads, as the Trump Train Goes Off the Rails | RedState
Trump is losing all 10 of the states with the closest results in 2012

So this is what you're referring to as YOUR win--LOL

Tea-Party-Quacks.jpg

Congratulations--you have shattered the Republican party into pieces.

Last edited:
OP is a real Jamaican oracle. Maybe he can take Mizz Cleo's place who deep-sixed? (Sidebar: Ms. Cleo used a fake Jamaican accent, as she was born and raised in L.A.. See what you can learn reading dumb threads?)

There's nothing dumb about it--it's real. Republicans are leaving the party in hoards. This party is no longer their party--it's the Chimpanzee party of Donald Trump.

61a8dd7dd2867921533fd994825a4a03.jpg

• Words mean nothing.

images

Tea-Party-agenda-GOP.jpg

I think it hits the nail on the head too! So many Republicans thought Trump was a JOKE at first thinking he would get no support and he won the nomination. Problem is--the overwhelming majority still think he's a JOKE and will not be casting a vote for him in November.

The wall is gone. The deportation task force is now " we will work with you." What comes next?

Forum List

Back