The mass exodus is happening soon, and the liberals are going to hate it.

Will the exodus of Californication and New York taxpayers to other states change Congress?

• yes.

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • no.

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
800,000 people are about to flee New York and California because of taxes, say economists
In an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal headlined "So Long, California. Sayonara, New York," Laffer and Moore (who have both advised President Donald Trump) say the new tax bill will cause a net 800,000 people to move out of California and New York over the next three years.
The tax changes limit the deduction of state and local taxes to $10,000, so many high-earning taxpayers in high-tax states will actually face a tax increase under the new tax code.
When the Congress loses seats because of the amount of people fleeing the state, this will change the power of those states...President Trump is still winning, while the libtards are still whining...

The problem is most of the people leaving don't realize the actual cause of their original State's issues and vote just as they did back home, except in a new State.

So the Red States go Blue, they enact the same failed policies, and the people in 30 years will have to find somewhere else to ruin.
not in my case and a lot of Californians i know who have moved to other states.....we know exactly why we moved...

Most aren't smart enough to figure it out.

"Hey we left because of taxes, but let's raise taxes!"

800,000 people are about to flee New York and California because of taxes, say economists
In an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal headlined "So Long, California. Sayonara, New York," Laffer and Moore (who have both advised President Donald Trump) say the new tax bill will cause a net 800,000 people to move out of California and New York over the next three years.
The tax changes limit the deduction of state and local taxes to $10,000, so many high-earning taxpayers in high-tax states will actually face a tax increase under the new tax code.
When the Congress loses seats because of the amount of people fleeing the state, this will change the power of those states...President Trump is still winning, while the libtards are still whining...

Sadly they will probably move to low tax states and bring loony leftism with them
so they are all lefties?....why would a lefty move from an ideal leftist State?...all the people i encountered who were leaving or did leave,were either pretty moderate or righties....

The problem is most of the people leaving don't realize the actual cause of their original State's issues and vote just as they did back home, except in a new State.

So the Red States go Blue, they enact the same failed policies, and the people in 30 years will have to find somewhere else to ruin.
not in my case and a lot of Californians i know who have moved to other states.....we know exactly why we moved...

yea right....you know what you are talking about....keep reading the bullshit you are reading....

yea right....you know what you are talking about....keep reading the bullshit you are reading....

Well ain't we cranky.

Look what is happening to Virginia.

800,000 people are about to flee New York and California because of taxes, say economists When the Congress loses seats because of the amount of people fleeing the state, this will change the power of those states...President Trump is still winning, while the libtards are still whining...

Well ain't we cranky.

the great majority of people moving out of cal,know exactly why they are leaving......

Well ain't we cranky.

the great majority of people moving out of cal,know exactly why they are leaving......

Lets see in 10 years or so how red the destinations stay.

Well ain't we cranky.

Lets see in 10 years or so how red the destinations stay.
the pendulum swings one way and then eventually swings back the other way marty....

Won't they be surprised when they find out they still have to pay for the very same things but it will cost them more.

RWs think taxes are theft. They want the services but want libs to pay for them.

It's much more than taxes. You can't have this discussion without mentioning a new real estate bubble, that has stoked ridiculous real estate prices in both states (mainly in urban areas).

But it takes one hell of a lot to force someone to move. Most people will just deal with it and stay.

This reminds me of when Ronnie RayGun was in office, raising taxes like crazy, unemployment going up, cost of living going up, inflation, interest rates going up, and people were so desperate they would actually pack up and move to a different state. They believed the grass would be greener than where they were.

What they actually did was leave all of their support system, friends, family, business contacts and, pardon another metaphor, they were jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.

People who move to, for example, Texass for the tax rate find they still have to pay. Granted the blue states support the red states but still, RWs need to understand that geography matters. You will still pay.

Won't they be surprised when they find out they still have to pay for the very same things but it will cost them more.

RWs think taxes are theft. They want the services but want libs to pay for them.
im finding a hell of a lot of things are a hell of a lot cheaper here in Nevada.. ..especially houses....

It's much more than taxes. You can't have this discussion without mentioning a new real estate bubble, that has stoked ridiculous real estate prices in both states (mainly in urban areas).

But it takes one hell of a lot to force someone to move. Most people will just deal with it and stay.
Bill Gates invests $80 million to build Arizona smart city
A group associated with a Gates investment company has invested $80 million in a high-tech planned development outside Phoenix.

The community in Belmont will be designed around high-speed networks, autonomous vehicles, high-speed digital networks, data centers, new manufacturing technologies and autonomous logistics hubs.
Even a billionaire, who "supposedly" can afford to live in Californication is moving to Arizona, is it because of Taxes, Immigration of Illegals, or just high costs of living? Or all 3?
Gates will populate this city with H1-Bs.

I left LA because it cost me $470,000 to buy a three bed condo. Now have a house in the city and one in the country for less. Also to many fucking people! Taxes had nothing to do with it!

First of all it is California not Tezass or North Dacoating. Second we love it here and you guys are just envious.

I left LA because it cost me $470,000 to buy a three bed condo. Now have a house in the city and one in the country for less. Also to many fucking people! Taxes had nothing to do with it!
The mass exodus is happening soon, and the liberals are going to hate it.

Bill Gates invests $80 million to build Arizona smart city
A group associated with a Gates investment company has invested $80 million in a high-tech planned development outside Phoenix.

The community in Belmont will be designed around high-speed networks, autonomous vehicles, high-speed digital networks, data centers, new manufacturing technologies and autonomous logistics hubs.
Even a billionaire, who "supposedly" can afford to live in Californication is moving to Arizona, is it because of Taxes, Immigration of Illegals, or just high costs of living? Or all 3?

Climate and solar energy. Those other items are all subject to change.
He could use Climate and solar in Southern Cal, why didn't he stay?

Because he lives in Medina, WA, not Southern Cal.

Those who move to avoid taxes may reduce their tax bill ... But will only increase taxes where they go.

I cannot speak so much on a national scale ... But I live in a rural area not far from a large metro area.
When the Progressives completely screwed the pooch and turned the metro area into a disaster ... Those with the means fled to our area in mass.

Once they arrived (over about two years) ... They started screwing everything up.
Increased demands on infrastructure, fire department, sheriff's department, medical facilities and public schools became paramount.

Furthermore ... They passed zoning requirements, and restricted things like franchises ... In order to keep our quaint little town small (help the little guy bullshit).
They still travel to the metro area to work, eat dinner and shop ... And we suffer the fact we cannot manage their tax burden with our business revenues.
So ... Our taxes go up ... They are still saving money in taxes from where they were.

I could rant on about all the ways they infected every measure of our society ...
But as far as taxes are concerned ... They just co-opped our rural area as a welfare state for their ignorant politics.

When they start talking about how they enjoy our traditional values and wholesome environment with low crime ...
They get kind of pissed when we say ... "We were better off before your sorry ass got here, and kind of wish you would go back."

Exactly. I live in a semi rural exurb.
Same thing happens, they also bitch about farm odors. Complain about hunters, and bitch about ATV and snowmobile use.

They can stay in the damn cities.

Yep.....

NYC is slowly but surely becoming the next Detroit. The tax burden has gotten to the level of stoopid.... offuckingcourse people aren't going to stay. Liberal ideas always bankrupt the big cities..... turn them into snake pits.

Trumplings Laffer and Moore? :lol:

Conservative economists Arthur Laffer and Stephen Moore are predicting a new mass exodus of wealth from New York and California because of the new tax law. But academics who have studied taxes and migration call the forecast "pure nonsense."

In an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal headlined "So Long, California. Sayonara, New York,"Laffer and Moore (who have both advised President Donald Trump) say the new tax bill will cause a net 800,000 people to move out of California and New York over the next three years.​
'
Can't make this stuff up folks! :rolleyes-41:

Fig_18_Nov_2013.jpg

new_york.jpg
The new tax law must be hitting the President hard in the pocket book...

Forum List

Back