‘The Mask Came Off’: Glenn Beck Slams Obama’s Trip to Cuba, Says President ‘Believes in Communism’

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by James Moore, Mar 22, 2016.

1. rightwinger

rightwinger Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58,153
    How does opening up trade not help?

It helped China develop a middle class

2. FJO

FJO Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,812
    Will Cubans working for an American company be able to keep the salary or wages that the American company pays them?
    Or will the Cuban government allow the workers twenty dollars a month?

3. RoshawnMarkwees

RoshawnMarkwees Assimilationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,760
    You would appreciate the movie '13 Days' because it includes scenes that precisely depict the switchboard operator incident you described.

4. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,843
    Bernie is, for the most part, at least honest. He is what he is and doesn't re-invent himself every week depending on how polls come out...that is Hillary, as for Trump - the man reinvents himself with each conversation.

5. Granny

Granny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,282
    I've had that movie on back order since January. Finally had a "chat session" with Amazon to ask if release was being held up for political reasons. Of course, the "chat guy" (Jose) had to check that out ... said it might be April or May before release. I think it played in Knoxville one night, maybe two. At least April and May come before November, eh? I want to know what happened at Benghazi!!!! Assination of JFK was another one I won't forget ... by then I was working in DC as a fingerprint technician in the FBI Criminal Division. THAT was some serious stuff then, too.

6. Skylar

Skylar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,210
    I think 'James Moore' is that J. Constine guy....the spammer. Inside 45 minutes he's started 11 threads.

7. Syriusly

Syriusly Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,249
    You mean other than the part of an American President going to a Communist country that we had refused to do business in order to open up the country to normal relations?

I guess you have a point- Communist Cuba has not killed nearly as many millions of its citizens as Communist China has.....

8. Syriusly

Syriusly Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,249
    Really?

I have no love for the Castro's- and they are rather despotic bastards-but we do business with all sorts of countries with horrible human rights records
    China- murdered millions of its own citizens- [​IMG]
    Of the 197 countries of the world, there are 20, including three territories, considered to be the most societally repressive. Burma, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Libya, North Korea and Sudan are at the top of the global list for countries that are among the worst abusers of human rights. To be deemed an abuser of human rights, civil liberties and political rights are the violations assessed, and these particular countries mentioned above have concurrently been on such lists in the previous years

In Saudi Arabia, political prisoners are held in detention and democracy is silenced by threats of intimidation and arrests, all while women continue to face major oppression. It is said that 2013 was one of the worst years for human rights in Saudi Arabia. Females and the poor are considered to be at the bottom of the totem pole, often denied legal rights and knowingly oppressed by the country’s political entities. Women are not allowed to drive or vote, despite the fact there is no express law making it illegal.

In South Sudan, bloody massacres occurred, claiming the lives of 100,000 refugees. Later, evidence of mass graves and violent attacks on U.N peacekeepers were unearthed. Despite the independence given to South Sudan in 2011, internal conflict in 2013 emerged with abundance, resulting in numerous human rights atrocities and the targeting the poor for extrajudicial killings. Almost 100,000 people have been displaced as a result of the violence

9. saintmichaeldefendthem

saintmichaeldefendthem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,618
    We lead the world in prosecuting crime. Other countries like Mexico don't give a shit if their people are robbed, raped, or murdered.

10. IsaacNewton

IsaacNewton Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,262
    • Funny Funny x 1