The Liberal War on Women?

PLYMCO_PILGRIM, I know you're better than that.

Stay above the partisan fray. :thup:

The ad is from american crossroads which is run by Carl Rove, i understand the messanger is partisan but its the data in the message that i'm more interested in than the messanger itself.

It's the end result(the partisan factor) construed from the data that earned the title of the thread.

:dunno:

Notice the title was a question and not a declarative statement.

The figures only go to show that there is more people becoming poor and fewer are getting richer.
And I blame the rich people. Not Obama, he does not hire them or set the rate of pay.

I can accept that opinion.

I may accept that is your opinion but I still completely disagree. I think the horrid economy is a direct result of the Obama administration and congress' desire to try and fix the economy by borrowing money for the govt to spend on things such as projects and jobs.

The figures only go to show that there is more people becoming poor and fewer are getting richer.
And I blame the rich people. Not Obama, he does not hire them or set the rate of pay.

I can accept that opinion.

I may accept that is your opinion but I still completely disagree. I think the horrid economy is a direct result of the Obama administration and congress' desire to try and fix the economy by borrowing money for the govt to spend on things such as projects and jobs.

Then how long is a great recession suppose to last? Tell me exactly.

The ad is from american crossroads which is run by Carl Rove, i understand the messanger is partisan but its the data in the message that i'm more interested in than the messanger itself.

It's the end result(the partisan factor) construed from the data that earned the title of the thread.

:dunno:

Notice the title was a question and not a declarative statement.

Yeah I know, but I don't think you're uncertain about the reality of it all.

I just saw this ad and, conisdering the data in it is all backed up on Bls.gov, it does appear that the policies of the Obama administration actually have disproportionatly hurt working women in the USA

American Crossroads: "Obama's War on Women" - YouTube

All the complaints about the "republican war on women", in light of those facts, has me thinking "Doth Protest Too Much"

Women at Work: BLS Spotlight on Statistics
Overview of BLS Statistics on Women Workers
Demographics (CPS)

Why? Anyone with a brain and an open curious mind asks that question after watching this political ad.

Why are women disproportionately suffering during this economy? The ad blames Obama but offers no evidence that he or his policies are the cause.

Since P.P. posted this thread I'd appreciate more than the "effect". Which of the policies of the President caused (rarely can such a statistic be the result of a single cause) the alleged outcome?

Keep in mind the Republican Party opposed the Equal Rights Amendment and the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009.

If you honestly believe Obama's policies are not hurting the economy, let me just point you to cash for clunkers.............a cost of $24,000.00 per tax payer. Yea, that worked out well.

What about "cash for caulkers"?? That went over big didn't it. Cash for Caulkers – The Definitive Guide To The Home Star Energy Retrofit Act of 2010 - Software Advice Articles

And don't forget his green energy loans.............I think the count is up to eight that have gone bankrupt. Long List of Failed Obama Green Energy & Solar Companies in the Billions

Yea, all that stuff didn't add one penny to the deficit. :badgrin:

If you honestly believe Obama's policies are not hurting the economy, let me just point you to cash for clunkers.............a cost of $24,000.00 per tax payer. Yea, that worked out well.

What about "cash for caulkers"?? That went over big didn't it. Cash for Caulkers – The Definitive Guide To The Home Star Energy Retrofit Act of 2010 - Software Advice Articles

And don't forget his green energy loans.............I think the count is up to eight that have gone bankrupt. Long List of Failed Obama Green Energy & Solar Companies in the Billions

Cash for clunkers was a success. It did what it was set out to do...

Solyndra, not so much...

Q&A: Was Cash for Clunkers a Success? - TIME

Solyndra, not so much...

Cash for clunkers was a debacle that increased the debt, they can claim success all they want, money we didn't have was spent.

What if he had given the taxpayers each $24,000.00 could it have been more effective??

Solyndra, not so much...

Cash for clunkers was a debacle that increased the debt, they can claim success all they want, money we didn't have was spent.

What if he had given the taxpayers each $24,000.00 could it have been more effective??

But, but the Republican Party opposed the Equal Rights Amendment and the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009.

Solyndra, not so much...

But, but the Republican Party opposed the Equal Rights Amendment and the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009.

Yada, yada, yada.............why did they oppose it?? How about you tell the whole story instead of just want you want to "expose". Quit picking and choosing parts of stories. Oh wait..............that's what the left wing media does. I forgot that's where you get your talking points.

This is another example of what has become standard for the rightwing propaganda machine. It's a propaganda tactic...

...you take an issue that you're getting beat up on, and you concoct an attack against the Democrats accusing them of doing the same thing you're getting beat up on. No matter how absurd it may be.

The idea behind it is to so confuse the issue, so muddy the waters so to speak, that what was once a legitimate attack on your side gets turned into what looks like one more us vs. them partisan squabble,

that you hope people get sick of and start to tune out.

But the thing is the ad uses numbers which are able to be verified so how is it a "concocted attack"?

I personally feel the presidents policies have been bad for all americans, overall, regardless of sex, race, religion, or other identifiers but this just doesn't appear concocted since there is accurate data being used.

I understand the portrayal is overly negative, it is american crossroads, but the data is what it is regardless of the descriptors being used in the ad for it.

But what are the Obama policies that have uniquely, negatively affected women in the job market?

btw...

We've lost 600,000 government jobs since Obama became president. Is that the problem? Are women disproportionately represented in government employment, so they disproportionately suffer when that much reduction in the size of government happens?

it's propaganda....

and what exactly would you have done or republicans have done to help this situation? Huh?

Take their welfare away? Take what assistance is given to the single mothers away? make them more poor? How come the wealthiest... with the huge tax breaks that they maintain due to them needing to "hire" during this recession done nothing? have these people hired these women with the tax break money, or banks who received TARP money?

There's a thread on this already P P.
Take their welfare away????

Wut?

Women on welfare ARE in poverty, by the way.

This is another example of what has become standard for the rightwing propaganda machine. It's a propaganda tactic...

...you take an issue that you're getting beat up on, and you concoct an attack against the Democrats accusing them of doing the same thing you're getting beat up on. No matter how absurd it may be.

The idea behind it is to so confuse the issue, so muddy the waters so to speak, that what was once a legitimate attack on your side gets turned into what looks like one more us vs. them partisan squabble,

Exactly.

Exactly.

I agree that the ad is superficial. But you are so easily brushing aside the Democrat nonsense. There was no Republican war on women. The contraceptive issue was the biggest concocted rubbish ever if you want to talk about "propaganda."

Solyndra, not so much...

That deflection doesn't change the fact that since obama has become president and implemented the polcies with congress he wanted to women's employment as a total and a percentage of the work force has gotten worse, not better.

Exactly.

I agree that the ad is superficial. But you are so easily brushing aside the Democrat nonsense. There was no Republican war on women. The contraceptive issue was the biggest concocted rubbish ever if you want to talk about "propaganda."

I'm glad you are posting in the spirit of the thread. I agree with your post. That was the majority of my motivatoin in posting the title as a question, to discuss this parallel.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back