The Liberal War on Women?

The only info in that ad from bls.gov is the fact that 780,000 women are enemployed. Every single other thing that is said is from a different website and not from bls.gov.

links below

I just saw this ad and, conisdering the data in it is all backed up on Bls.gov, it does appear that the policies of the Obama administration actually have disproportionatly hurt working women in the USA

American Crossroads: "Obama's War on Women" - YouTube

All the complaints about the "republican war on women", in light of those facts, has me thinking "Doth Protest Too Much"

conisdering the data in it is all backed up on Bls.gov

ORLY?:eusa_shifty:

When you say, "it is all backed up on Bls.gov" you really mean that ONLY the stat about 780,000 women being umeployed "... is all backed up on Bls.gov" right?

That is literally the only stat backed up by bls.gov, think you got in a hurry or something lol.

Women at Work: BLS Spotlight on Statistics
Overview of BLS Statistics on Women Workers
Demographics (CPS)

For all the talk of class warfare. This is a perfect example of a divide and conquer strategy in action. Shameful really.

This is another example of what has become standard for the rightwing propaganda machine. It's a propaganda tactic...

...you take an issue that you're getting beat up on, and you concoct an attack against the Democrats accusing them of doing the same thing you're getting beat up on. No matter how absurd it may be.

The idea behind it is to so confuse the issue, so muddy the waters so to speak, that what was once a legitimate attack on your side gets turned into what looks like one more us vs. them partisan squabble,

that you hope people get sick of and start to tune out.

But the thing is the ad uses numbers which are able to be verified so how is it a "concocted attack"?

I personally feel the presidents policies have been bad for all americans, overall, regardless of sex, race, religion, or other identifiers but this just doesn't appear concocted since there is accurate data being used.

I understand the portrayal is overly negative, it is american crossroads, but the data is what it is regardless of the descriptors being used in the ad for it.

Last edited:
If these women re in poverty then they should learn better skills and earn more money. That is what I did as a single parent. Oh Boo hoo. Repubs say that min wage is wrong and non skilled people should earn low wages,yet here is this dipshit baby shit wad crying about people with no skills earning low wages.

Neg rep yourself for your vindictive hyprocrisy that emanates from the stupis party politics you wollow in.

This is another example of what has become standard for the rightwing propaganda machine. It's a propaganda tactic...

...you take an issue that you're getting beat up on, and you concoct an attack against the Democrats accusing them of doing the same thing you're getting beat up on. No matter how absurd it may be.

The idea behind it is to so confuse the issue, so muddy the waters so to speak, that what was once a legitimate attack on your side gets turned into what looks like one more us vs. them partisan squabble,

that you hope people get sick of and start to tune out.

But the thing is the ad uses numbers which are able to be verified so how is it a "concocted attack"?

It is the asshole that this fowl wind oozes from that makes this a non serious issue.

No he's out for blood today, neg reps anybody that does not agree, guess he's having a toddler flash back.

:lol: you neg rep me saying that only one fact is backed up by BLS.GOV and then cry when i neg rep you back sending you a link that has the other data from the ad in it on BLS.GOV :lol:

If you don't like neg reps then don't be throwing them at people.

No he's out for blood today, neg reps anybody that does not agree, guess he's having a toddler flash back.

:lol: you neg rep me saying that only one fact is backed up by BLS.GOV and then cry when i neg rep you back sending you a link that has the other data from the ad in it on BLS.GOV :lol:

Look here you stupid bitch, you gave neg rep first, for no real reason, if your having a geriatric profanity disease day, then take it out on your dog, not me.
But if it is war you want, war i shall give.

If these women re in poverty then they should learn better skills and earn more money. That is what I did as a single parent. Oh Boo hoo. Repubs say that min wage is wrong and non skilled people should earn low wages,yet here is this dipshit baby shit wad crying about people with no skills earning low wages.

Neg rep yourself for your vindictive hyprocrisy that emanates from the stupis party politics you wollow in.

I agree, if you are not making enough money than the onus is on you to go out and get an education or training in some specific skill that people will pay you well for.

I'm not a republican moonglow and i haven't come out against the minimum wage before so your claims about me up there are false.

You can neg rep me if you want but your dishonest portrayal of me above will certainly receive one in return if you do.

The only info in that ad from bls.gov is the fact that 780,000 women are enemployed. Every single other thing that is said is from a different website and not from bls.gov.

links below

ORLY?:eusa_shifty:

When you say, "it is all backed up on Bls.gov" you really mean that ONLY the stat about 780,000 women being umeployed "... is all backed up on Bls.gov" right?

That is literally the only stat backed up by bls.gov, think you got in a hurry or something lol.

Demographics (CPS)

Go back. Re-watch the video. Notice all the points it types out in text. Notice the "Source:" below them. Now notice that out of all of the scenes in that video, only one had their source labled "Bureau of Labor Statistics".

Last edited:
LOL, really? What a total fluff piece of propaganda. You are smart enough to see this, right?

What figures in the ad are innaccurate? BLS.GOV backs up the numbers in the ad.

I'm not sure if it constitutes a "liberal war on women", hence the question mark in my title, but the actual facts seem to make the democrat talking point that "the republicans are bad for women" seem a bit, well, hypocritical.

I'm not really sure where I'm looking for the discussion about the video to go but I did want to talk about it so....here I am.

The point is that everyone is hurting in this economy (except the rich), but this video tries to paint a picture that women have been targeted by Obama in some way, even though they don't specify how. It's a scare piece that could have easily been created to scare any group of voters, women, hispanics, elderly, veterans, etc...

That's why it's propaganda and nothing more.

Nothing?

I do not give neg reps unless given one first, stop ur lying.

PLYMCO_PILGRIM, I know you're better than that.

Stay above the partisan fray. :thup:

The ad is from american crossroads which is run by Carl Rove, i understand the messanger is partisan but its the data in the message that i'm more interested in than the messanger itself.

It's the end result(the partisan factor) construed from the data that earned the title of the thread.

:dunno:

The figures only go to show that there is more people becoming poor and fewer are getting richer.
And I blame the rich people. Not Obama, he does not hire them or set the rate of pay.

LOL, really? What a total fluff piece of propaganda. You are smart enough to see this, right?

What figures in the ad are innaccurate? BLS.GOV backs up the numbers in the ad.

I'm not sure if it constitutes a "liberal war on women", hence the question mark in my title, but the actual facts seem to make the democrat talking point that "the republicans are bad for women" seem a bit, well, hypocritical.

I'm not really sure where I'm looking for the discussion about the video to go but I did want to talk about it so....here I am.

The point is that everyone is hurting in this economy (except the rich), but this video tries to paint a picture that women have been targeted by Obama in some way, even though they don't specify how. It's a scare piece that could have easily been created to scare any group of voters, women, hispanics, elderly, veterans, etc...

That's why it's propaganda and nothing more.

I think everyone, including the rich, have been negatively impacted by the economy over the last 5-6 years.

I think this video was more a response to the claims by democrat politicians and pundits that the republicans are somehow "bad for women" and "Waging a war on women". This ad takes some actual facts about women in the workforce, over the last few years under obama, doing worse than they were doing before he became president.

If the ad didn't have its numbers claims backed up by the actual numbers I would totally agree that it is nothing more than propoganda, but its the data that troubles me more than the messanger.

I just saw this ad and, conisdering the data in it is all backed up on Bls.gov, it does appear that the policies of the Obama administration actually have disproportionatly hurt working women in the USA

American Crossroads: "Obama's War on Women" - YouTube

All the complaints about the "republican war on women", in light of those facts, has me thinking "Doth Protest Too Much"

Demographics (CPS)

conisdering the data in it is all backed up on Bls.gov

I don't know to call this a "lie" or a "mistake" at this point....

I do not give neg reps unless given one first, stop ur lying.

Are you feeling ok, I didn't even give you a neg or a pos rep?

Forum List

Back