the legacy of george bush....

ya ya i know he will go down as the wrost president of all time.....

but what i think is an interesting discussion is.....

he could have made if you could have been advising him and having the benifit of hindsight what three decission would you have had him change that would have made him a great president.....

thoughts....

Give it a rest. Your constant Bush bashing in no longer going to distract people from seeing the follies of your boy in the White House and your clowns leading the House and Senate.

That ship sailed, get in the dingy, your ship is sinking!

Bush is now, very old news!

Mike

Bush was not the worst president in history but his opponents seem to think they have the final judgment on that

The irony, is that for all the complaining Conservatives do about Liberals judging bush as "Worst President", they're more than happy to do exactly the same thing about Obama.

History will judge Clinton, the Bush father and son, and Obama. Calling any of them out as the Worst President is just silly. Heck, at this point its still a bit too early to even judge what Carter's long term legacy will be.

Followed through on his promise of a humble foreign policy and no nation building.

Vetoed NCLB, campaign finance deform, the nationalization of airport security, Medicare D, bloated transportation and ag bills and broader trade protectionism (that's just a starter list).

Made his wimpy tax cuts permanent.

What he said!

I'd add:

National ID card to Vote.

Tort Reform (had he passed tort reform in 2000, we'd have saved over $1 trillion by now)

Prosecute ACORN under RICO

Declare Obama's birthday a National Holiday, what with him being the first Kenyan born US Senator and all

Followed through on his promise of a humble foreign policy and no nation building.

Vetoed NCLB, campaign finance deform, the nationalization of airport security, Medicare D, bloated transportation and ag bills and broader trade protectionism (that's just a starter list).

What he said!

I'd add:

Tort Reform (had he passed tort reform in 2000, we'd have saved over $1 trillion by now)

Declare Obama's birthday a National Holiday, what with him being the first Kenyan born US Senator and all

How exactly do you think WE would have saved $1 trillion thru tort reform? Do you think that if doctors were able to reduce their malpractice insurance premiums due to tort reform that they would pass the savings along to the consumer? Really? Interested in some beach front property in Arizona?

he could have made if you could have been advising him and having the benifit of hindsight what three decission would you have had him change that would have made him a great president.....

thoughts....

Give it a rest. Your constant Bush bashing in no longer going to distract people from seeing the follies of your boy in the White House and your clowns leading the House and Senate.

That ship sailed, get in the dingy, your ship is sinking!

Bush is now, very old news!

Mike

Old news, yes. But we will be living with the repurcussions of his actions and inactions for years to come.

What he said!

I'd add:

How exactly do you think WE would have saved $1 trillion thru tort reform? Do you think that if doctors were able to reduce their malpractice insurance premiums due to tort reform that they would pass the savings along to the consumer? Really? Interested in some beach front property in Arizona?

We'd lower the cost of Medicare by $1 Trillion and would have saved or created 10 million jobs as a result

thoughts....

5d83b5be-237f-422f-a342-47220292-4.jpg

Bush should have explained his decisions across the board. Truth is, he never planned on nation building or foreign affairs in general. He was going to have a 'domestic agenda.' NCLB was introduced by 03/01, by June it was passed by both House and Senate. Even 9/11 couldn't stop its progress through the system, became law early 2002.

9/11 changed that. Was Iraq, the 'second war' a mistake? I don't think it was, but again he didn't explain why it was important strategically and the fly-paper strategy. He also should have said from 10/01 on or so, that he was going to learn foreign issues, and quick. Which he did, but again, no communicating. Could one argue the war was wrong? Certainly. Reasonable people may disagree.

His administration's refusal for too long to change strategy when the 'quick, light forces' were failing to work after capturing Saddam was a major mistake. Granted, finally surging was the right policy, but it came too late, though was successful.

Charles Stucker said:
3 Downsize the federal government, returning as much autonomy and function as possible to the states. At the same time cut spending to the bone to reduce the debt. Yeah I know he inherited a collapsing economy because of Al Gore’s selfish insistence on trying to win the 2000 election in the courts, but it would have only hurt for a couple of years, instead of leaving us with Barry and the possibility it will hurt for a couple of lifetimes.

Or, he could have chipped away at the budget surplus Clinton left to implement his own policy changes, instead of giving massive tax cuts and expecting to fight two wars at the same time, leaving a deficit of over $1 trillion for the next adminisration to start off with.

I fail to understand what Al Gore's campaign had to do with the impending rescession, frankly, which all economists knew would be brief in any event.

WTF is wrong with me? I totally forgot the one thing that really made me dislike Bush.

He signed the stupid tarp/bailouts crap.....that was just totally mind blowing.

I'll refresh your memory, by quoting one of the Conservative rising stars, Eric Cantor. This is his comment in response to a series of interviews conducted by Vanity Fair last fall and published in it's February 2009 edition.

"It was almost as if panic had struck he capital. When the news came out about how dire the situation was, not only for the U.S. capital markets but for the global financial scene--there was real worry that all the sort of nightmare scenarios that one learned in school could actually be occurring.

"I was a little bit concerned, though, about the haste with which the administration was moving, given the enormity of the package that they were proposing to bring to the Hill in a matter of days. The amount of money was so gargantuan--more than what Social Security spends in a year. It was really unheard of.

"In hindsight, I can see now that the panic was such that they felt they needed to do whatever was possible to make sure that we did not have a repeat of the Great Depression. I felt like the eight of the world and the weight of the national economy and the well-being of every family across this country was resting on our shoulders.

"The level of anxiety and panic found on the face of Secretary Paulson and Chairman Bernanke--you could see in person that it was severe. I do not think that anyone foresaw the level of seriousness of the problem we were faced with."

Last edited:
What he said!

I'd add:

We'd lower the cost of Medicare by $1 Trillion and would have saved or created 10 million jobs as a result

Oooohhh, thank you Doctor Frank. May we see your figures as to how you arrived at that incredible fact?

Oooohhh, thank you Doctor Frank. May we see your figures as to how you arrived at that incredible fact?
He's mocking the utterly ridiculous "saved jobs" claim, which is entirely unquantifiable by any means other than speculation.

It's basically the same argument that goes "we haven't been attacked since 9/11™, therefore that's proof that the USAPATRIOT act works".

Forum List

Back