The Left's Reality Disconnect, What did their Party do about things the Left cries about?

What did we do?

We passed Obamacare which has provided insurance to 8 million previously uninsured
We passed same sex marriage laws and convinced the Supreme Court to make it the law of the land
We repealed DADT
We removed the Bush tax cuts for millionaires

Now, what have Republicans accomplished in the last six years?
They blocked the worst crap the Dems wanted to roll out.
What have Dems achieved?
-Worst recovery post WW2
-Worst racial violance since 1960s
-Worst culture wars since 1960s
-Worst education system on record
-Worst government debt in history.

A total record of failure.

The fact that The Rabbi opposes Democratic initiatives shows they meet their intended purpose

The Op claims that Libs have done nothing that they have proposed to do. Liberals are successfully completing their agenda

Conservatives just fume
I agree with you!
The lib agenda is to impoverish everyone in this country and reduce them to dependence. Mission accomplished!

More rightwing hyperbole

I seem to remember the Great Bush Recession of 2008 impoverishing everyone, losing $20 trillion in household wealth, 4 million jobs, half the stock market
Your memory is flawed of course.
Household income on the day Bush left office was higher than it is today.

Moron can't diferentiate between income and wealth

700,000 Americans a month were losing their jobs to the Great Bush Recession of 2008. That looks like zero income

What have Dems achieved?
-Worst recovery post WW2

The fact that The Rabbi opposes Democratic initiatives shows they meet their intended purpose

The Op claims that Libs have done nothing that they have proposed to do. Liberals are successfully completing their agenda

Conservatives just fume
I agree with you!
The lib agenda is to impoverish everyone in this country and reduce them to dependence. Mission accomplished!

More rightwing hyperbole

I seem to remember the Great Bush Recession of 2008 impoverishing everyone, losing $20 trillion in household wealth, 4 million jobs, half the stock market

700,000 Americans a month were losing their jobs to the Great Bush Recession of 2008. That looks like zero income

I'm curious, Winger...you've got 700,000 a month losing jobs...you take over as President and the number one thing on your agenda isn't the economy or jobs...it's a complete overhaul of healthcare that will cause more jobs to be lost. Who does that?

Conservatives just fume
I agree with you!

More rightwing hyperbole

I'm curious, Winger...you've got 700,000 a month losing jobs...you take over as President and the number one thing on your agenda isn't the economy or jobs...it's a complete overhaul of healthcare that will cause more jobs to be lost. Who does that?
Except, what happened was the opposite.

Jobs were gained.

Obama went from 10% UE to 5.1% and still going down.

That's WITH historic Republican/Conservative obstruction.

Conservatives just fume
I agree with you!

More rightwing hyperbole

Why not do both?

The first thing Obama did was pass the Stimulus bill in March 2009 and extend TARP
Obama realized he had a very small window to pass Obamacare...so did the Republicans
They did everything in their power to delay the passing of Obamacare and it almost worked. Kennedy died and the Dems lost their filibuster proof majority
Obamacare passed just in the nick of time....and no Obamacare did not cost jobs, inspite of Republican fear mongering

I agree with you!

More rightwing hyperbole

Why not do both?

The first thing Obama did was pass the Stimulus bill in March 2009 and extend TARP
Obama realized he had a very small window to pass Obamacare...so did the Republicans
They did everything in their power to delay the passing of Obamacare and it almost worked. Kennedy died and the Dems lost their filibuster proof majority
Obamacare passed just in the nick of time....and no Obamacare did not cost jobs, inspite of Republican fear mongering

You're claiming that Obama KNEW that the Democrats were going to get steam rolled in the 2010 mid-terms when he came into office in 2009? Really, Winger? With all due respect...I recall things a bit differently from back then! I remember a very smug Democratic Party predicting that the GOP was finished as a viable party for the foreseeable future and that Democrats were firmly in control and would be for some time. Barry didn't go after ObamaCare because he realized that he had a "very small window"...he went after ObamaCare first because government run healthcare has been the progressive "holy grail" for a long long time.

The 2010 mid-terms came as a shock to the Progressive wing of the Democratic Party! Ted Kennedy's Senate seat going to a Republican in liberal Massachusetts came as a shock to the far left. Trying to say that they saw this coming is a laughably false narrative.

What have Dems achieved?
-Worst recovery post WW2

Conservatives just fume
I agree with you!

More rightwing hyperbole

OOPs, yes, Household wealth was higher the day Bush left office than at any time in Obama's first term.
More Americans are not working today than the day Bush left office.
Perhaps we should assign blame where it belongs, to Obama and his failed policies?

I agree with you!

More rightwing hyperbole

Why not do both?

Oops.
Obamacare Will Cost 2.9 Million or More Jobs a Year

The problem is not that you dont know anything. It's that whatever you know is wrong.

All you ever see from left-wingers here are pathetic whines how bad things are, how bad the system is. While they are crying how hopelessly horrible our system is many are crying their Progressive agenda is being held hostage, incredibly, by the very people they claim Progressives are so much smarter than, so superior to in every way. Really?? So how does that work?

What has the Democrat Party done about anything the Left cries about on a daily basis here?
it IS A GIVEN that the Left will cry and whine "obstruction" but when you actually look at the record what did Democrats even TRY to do about the things they complain about? How many corporate subsidies did Democrats even TRY to end for exaple? Can i have the whole list? Let's see who is afraid of the truth and who isnt here.

What did we do?

We passed Obamacare which has provided insurance to 8 million previously uninsured
We passed same sex marriage laws and convinced the Supreme Court to make it the law of the land
We repealed DADT

the goal was 40 million idiot; tell me i'm lying

now how many of THAT 8 million were "previously uninsured" only because they LOST THE INSURANCE THEY HAD BECAUSE OF OBAMACARE?

The OP claims that liberals talk the talk but do not walk the walk. I have posted where liberals have accomplished what they said they would do

In spite of all their bluster....what have Conservatives accomplished?
Nothing, they spend their time on political boards posting about liberals.

All you ever see from left-wingers here are pathetic whines how bad things are, how bad the system is. While they are crying how hopelessly horrible our system is many are crying their Progressive agenda is being held hostage, incredibly, by the very people they claim Progressives are so much smarter than, so superior to in every way. Really?? So how does that work?

What has the Democrat Party done about anything the Left cries about on a daily basis here?
it IS A GIVEN that the Left will cry and whine "obstruction" but when you actually look at the record what did Democrats even TRY to do about the things they complain about? How many corporate subsidies did Democrats even TRY to end for exaple? Can i have the whole list? Let's see who is afraid of the truth and who isnt here.

What did we do?

We repealed DADT

the goal was 40 million idiot; tell me i'm lying

now how many of THAT 8 million were "previously uninsured" only because they LOST THE INSURANCE THEY HAD BECAUSE OF OBAMACARE?

The OP claims that liberals talk the talk but do not walk the walk. I have posted where liberals have accomplished what they said they would do

In spite of all their bluster....what have Conservatives accomplished?
Nothing, they spend their time on political boards posting about liberals.

no you didnt idiot; yo uposted smoke and mirror talking points about FAILURES you are passing off as accomplishments

that's why you nutjobs arent taken seriously

I agree with you!

More rightwing hyperbole

Except, what happened was the opposite.

Jobs were gained.

Obama went from 10% UE to 5.1% and still going down.

That's WITH historic Republican/Conservative obstruction.

yeah sure. from 10% down to 5% in seven years. what a bunch of bull. and what they aren't telling you is what little jobs were created during his reign or terror has been a majority of PART-TIME jobs because of that Fascist OscamCare.

snip;
Obama economy: Part-time jobs swamp full-time jobs

By Stephen Dinan The Washington Times - August 5, 2013, 02:14PM
House Republicans have crunched the numbers and say that since President Obama took office, the economy has added seven times more part-time jobs than it has created full-time jobs.

Since January 2009 the country has added a net total of 270,000 full-time jobs, but it has added 1.9 million part-time jobs, according to the House Ways and Means Committee.

The numbers come as Republicans argue that the president’s health care law is pushing businesses to save money and push workers into shorter schedules to avoid the penalties that come from hiring more full-time workers, who under the law will be required to be covered with health care insurance.

all of it here:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog...-economy-part-time-jobs-swamp-full-time-jobs/

Last edited:

Forum List

Back