The Left Changing Sex And Race Of Marvel Characters

There have been many Capt Marvels, some men, some women, as well as a Ms Marvel (always a woman) for decades.

The character Ms. Marvel, was introduced in 1977 as a stand alone character (the honorific 'Ms' having not long before been introduced). Originally, a non-super sidekick of Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers, since the comic's inception.

main-qimg-92d64b0488ef93a3d09418d8da8e8879

Captain Marvel death issue was issued in 1982 but later the same year, Marvel introduce a new Capt Marvel who is decidedly female

main-qimg-fafb270bc2bac4d01f8bc2844649b21d

Ms Marvel's later incarnation was as part of the Fantastic Four (bringing them to five).

main-qimg-033ee301dc5663947dc6ec966f9c98d3

Captain Marvel returned as a man in 1999 for a few stand-alone issues but came out again in 2003 as a woman.

main-qimg-cd9cab36df74d02e1700996410b54d25

There was a brief comeback as Captain Marvel as a man but the latest incarnation dates from 2016 with the original Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel

main-qimg-b0b783c0b33f5e1e8bc484077c5fd99c
Look....we all know about examples like Batgirl......but totally replacing Captain Marvel?
I see it for what it is.
Captain Marvel is supposed to be the most powerful being in the Universe. Strong enough to defeat Thanos, because of powers that allow him to absorb energy. The harder you hit him, the more powerful he became.
Call me a male chauvinist.....but this is stretching it a bit too much for me.

You apparently didn't even realize that Wonder Woman is not from Marvel. Maybe you should have some idea about the comics you are criticizing before you talk shit? ;)
/——/ Having read my last comic book some 55 years ago, I find it difficult to get worked up over this.
I'm not worked up about it.
I'm merely commenting on it.
All it means is Hollywood has an agenda.....and it will probably end up biting them in the ass.
But the fact still remains.....this is propaganda for the left through social engineering.

There have been many Capt Marvels, some men, some women, as well as a Ms Marvel (always a woman) for decades.

The character Ms. Marvel, was introduced in 1977 as a stand alone character (the honorific 'Ms' having not long before been introduced). Originally, a non-super sidekick of Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers, since the comic's inception.

main-qimg-92d64b0488ef93a3d09418d8da8e8879

Captain Marvel death issue was issued in 1982 but later the same year, Marvel introduce a new Capt Marvel who is decidedly female

main-qimg-fafb270bc2bac4d01f8bc2844649b21d

Ms Marvel's later incarnation was as part of the Fantastic Four (bringing them to five).

main-qimg-033ee301dc5663947dc6ec966f9c98d3

Captain Marvel returned as a man in 1999 for a few stand-alone issues but came out again in 2003 as a woman.

main-qimg-cd9cab36df74d02e1700996410b54d25

There was a brief comeback as Captain Marvel as a man but the latest incarnation dates from 2016 with the original Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel

main-qimg-b0b783c0b33f5e1e8bc484077c5fd99c
Look....we all know about examples like Batgirl......but totally replacing Captain Marvel?
I see it for what it is.
Captain Marvel is supposed to be the most powerful being in the Universe. Strong enough to defeat Thanos, because of powers that allow him to absorb energy. The harder you hit him, the more powerful he became.
Call me a male chauvinist.....but this is stretching it a bit too much for me.

You apparently didn't even realize that Wonder Woman is not from Marvel. Maybe you should have some idea about the comics you are criticizing before you talk shit? ;)
Now that you mentioned it...you're right.....and that makes you a tremendous nerd.
My primary beef was with Marvel. Wonder Woman is from the DC universe.
Maybe DC will start switching sexes real soon.

There have been DC characters that switched sexes, too. Wildcat was originally male and became female, there has been a female Robin, and an alternate reality Lois Lane has been Superwoman.

Your primary beef seems to be with a character which was first female decades ago, and has been the same female character (Carol Danvers) for 6 years. Despite this long history of Captain Marvel being female, you seem to consider the Marvel movie to be somehow changing the character.

You also are complaining that the animated Spider-Verse movie is making Spider-Man black, despite it having been pointed out to you that the Spider-Man character of Miles Morales has been around for 7 years, comes from an alternate universe, and Peter Parker is still around as Spider-Man, including (probably) in the animated movie.

Much ado about nothing from someone who doesn't seem to even know all that much about the subject matter he is complaining about. :D
Now I'm absolutely sure you're a nerd.
My point still stands.
The last time I was reading comics was when I was in 8th grade.....so all of these changes are something that most people aren't aware of unless they're a massive zit-faced nerd.
The focus in Marvels latest work when it comes to Captain Marvel and Spiderman is this PC nonsense.
Captain Marvel was first a man.....but the first movie they used a woman.....purely for diversity purposes.
The fact that the first Spiderman cartoon in decades features a black Spiderman proves my point as well. They should change the name from Marvel to PC Universe.

Yep, it takes a huge nerd to figure out that DC characters have changed sex...or the ability to use a search engine. :lol:

Yes, Captain Marvel was first a man. However, the character has not been made a woman for the movie. Carol Danvers has been Captain Marvel in the comics for 6 years.

It's been pointed out to you that Miles Morales has been around for 7 years and comes from an alternate universe. It's also been pointed out that the original Spider-Man, Peter Parker, is in the new movie. It's ALSO been pointed out to you that Spider-Man has been in multiple cartoons recently; in fact, the Disney XD version just ended last year.

You've shown and even admitted you have no idea what you are talking about. ;)

I can't wait until the film with a black Bond comes out and watch heads explode. :laugh2:
/---/ As a dyed in the wool Bond fan, as long as he had a British accent and enough cool factor, it wouldn't bother me. In fact, I'd like to see how he handles it. And what about a female Bond like Emma Peel?
iu

There were rumors that Idris Elba was in the running for Bond, and I've seen polling that indicates people would be very happy with him taking over the role.
A black Bond would end the franchise. Look at what a female Dr. Who did.

next couple of weeks, they're going to introduce a transsexual Batwoman to the CW.

Been a couple of decades since I read comic books....

but, when did that happen?

Hollywood decided that its ok for everyone to be represented in movies.

If you have a problem with that, make your own movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't wait until the film with a black Bond comes out and watch heads explode. :laugh2:
/---/ As a dyed in the wool Bond fan, as long as he had a British accent and enough cool factor, it wouldn't bother me. In fact, I'd like to see how he handles it. And what about a female Bond like Emma Peel?
iu

There were rumors that Idris Elba was in the running for Bond, and I've seen polling that indicates people would be very happy with him taking over the role.

I've never watched Dr. Who, but it doesn't seem to have ended the franchise.

New 'Doctor Who' Is a Smash Hit in the Ratings

Here are the season 10 and season 11 ratings, I believe in the UK:
Doctor Who TV show on BBC America: ratings (canceled or season 11?) - canceled TV shows - TV Series Finale
Doctor Who TV Show on BBC America: Ratings (Canceled or Season 12?) - canceled TV shows - TV Series Finale

It appears that the new Doctor Who has gotten slightly better ratings, at least by those numbers.

iu

Doctor Who TV show on BBC America: ratings (canceled or season 11?) - canceled TV shows - TV Series Finale
Doctor Who TV Show on BBC America: Ratings (Canceled or Season 12?) - canceled TV shows - TV Series Finale

It appears that the new Doctor Who has gotten slightly better ratings, at least by those numbers.
Did they change Doctor Who into a woman too?

The fact that the first Spiderman cartoon in decades features a black Spiderman proves my point as well. They should change the name from Marvel to PC Universe.

First Spiderman cartoon in decades?

1981 (2nd)

We haven't gone decades (plural) without a new Spiderman cartoon.

Spider-Man in television - Wikipedia
.>>>>
Wow.....another zit faced nerd.

LOL, takes a zit faced nerd to look something up on Wiki now? :lmao:

You're really floundering now mudwhistle. :)

next couple of weeks, they're going to introduce a transsexual Batwoman to the CW.

Well why don't we make a movie about a female Daniel Boone.....just change the pronunciation.

Fucking putz....

iu

Yep. There was a bit of a stink about it in the media before it aired. I'm sure the show lost some fans over it, but it seems to have gained at least as many. :dunno:

First Spiderman cartoon in decades?

1981 (2nd)

We haven't gone decades (plural) without a new Spiderman cartoon.

Spider-Man in television - Wikipedia
.>>>>
Wow.....another zit faced nerd.

LOL, takes a zit faced nerd to look something up on Wiki now? :lmao:

You're really floundering now mudwhistle. :)
Not really.
Bet you've memorized all of the different hull numbers for the U.S.S Enterprise Star Trek series too....

iu

Yep. There was a bit of a stink about it in the media before it aired. I'm sure the show lost some fans over it, but it seems to have gained at least as many. :dunno:
I'm sure it has......*phffffffft*

Is nothing sacred? Next they'll try to change Jesus to a Black Jew instead of the blond whitey we all know is the real thing.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
Oh no......I made a mistake so my point is moot.

Don't believe your eyes......it's not happening....
They aren't using social engineering in movies and television.
Also....the two girls swapping spit during a skit on the Macy's Day Parade never happened.

iu

Not really. My son was a Dr Who fan. He's following the tanking with some glee.

Well why don't we make a movie about a female Daniel Boone.....just change the pronunciation.

Fucking putz....

Knock yourself out.
Fucking putz...

iu

Not really. My son was a Dr Who fan. He's following the tanking with some glee.

I'm not sure how improved ratings equal tanking, but OK.

Fucking putz....

Knock yourself out.
Fucking putz...

Yeah....fuck you putz

Forum List

Back