The land of the free (as long as you conform to what narrow minded bigots say)

Yes. I fully support their right to be closed minded twits. However, I suspect they really aren't. You just think they are.
Parents who prevent predatory pedophiles from taking advantage of their sons are hardly closed-minded twits.

Parents who think "gay" equates to predatory pedophile are. However, as I said, I fully support their right to be closed minded twits. In a free society, you are free to be an idiot.

My own Scout Master:

Sarasota Herald-Tribune - Google News Archive Search

Parents who prevent predatory pedophiles from taking advantage of their sons are hardly closed-minded twits.

Parents who think "gay" equates to predatory pedophile are. However, as I said, I fully support their right to be closed minded twits. In a free society, you are free to be an idiot.

My own Scout Master:

Which just goes to show, Big Gay Al is not the problem. Pedophilia is an entirely different thing from homosexuality. I am heterosexual, but that doesn't mean I am attracted to 8 year old girls.

Nonetheless, BSA is a private organization and they can set any standard they wish for any reason they wish. They don't have to explain it or justify it. Those who disagree are not forced to associate with them.

So we arent a free country unless we force private organzations to associate with people they choose not to associate with?

Anyone else see the obvious problem with that argument?

Well, at least the homos will be happy.

Will they? Why would anyone be happy associating with people who dont want to associate with them?

Yes. I fully support their right to be closed minded twits. However, I suspect they really aren't. You just think they are.

True. But it's best not to abuse the practice.

My own Scout Master:

Which just goes to show, Big Gay Al is not the problem. Pedophilia is an entirely different thing from homosexuality. I am heterosexual, but that doesn't mean I am attracted to 8 year old girls.

Nonetheless, BSA is a private organization and they can set any standard they wish for any reason they wish. They don't have to explain it or justify it. Those who disagree are not forced to associate with them.

We aren't talking about 8 year old girls. We are talking about teenager boys. And while you might not be one of them, i guanantee you there are alot of hetrosexual males who are attracted to 14-18 year old girls. And im sure there are homosexual males who are attracted to 14-18 year old boys.

So why put children at risk at all?

And why would a practicing homosexual want to be involved with a movement that teaches boys to morally clean anyway?

Let's just be honest here. This has more to do with the gay brigade seeking an impressionable focus for their agenda, than any genuine outrage over queers being excluded from the Boy Scouts.

Let's just be honest here. This has more to do with the gay brigade seeking an impressionable focus for their agenda, than any genuine outrage over queers being excluded from the Boy Scouts.

I'm not gay but I don't hate people who happen to be.
I'm not a gay campaigner nor do I push gay rights in any way.

I simply believe in being fair to all and anyone if their cause is reasonable - and this is.

We aren't talking about 8 year old girls. We are talking about teenager boys. And while you might not be one of them, i guanantee you there are alot of hetrosexual males who are attracted to 14-18 year old girls. And im sure there are homosexual males who are attracted to 14-18 year old boys.

And why would a practicing homosexual want to be involved with a movement that teaches boys to morally clean anyway?

I suppose because they are morally clean and they enjoy working with young men in that environment. Suggesting that imply because someone is homosexual that they will abuse teenage boys is as silly as assuming just because someone is a catholic priest they will. Should we bar young men from participating in sporting events because some coaches have been found to be predators?

Again, I support the BSA's right to make this decision. It is, however, a decision based not upon moral cleanliness but prejudice arising from ignorance.

So you're saying keep males away from all children?
Heteros can be attracted to young girls and homos can be attracted to young boys.
Why put them at risk at all?

BBC News - Boy Scouts of America keeps gay ban

Boy Scouts of America keeps gay ban

The Boy Scouts of America will not change its policy of excluding gay scouts and scout leaders, following a secret two-year review, the group says.

The current policy allows families to address sexuality in private and no further action will be taken, it added.

Eleven volunteers and leaders, with a range of "perspectives and opinions", were chosen to undertake the study.

Critics, including some board members, say they support internal change and gay members should be allowed to join.

Jim Turley, chairman and chief executive of consulting firm Ernst and Young, and Randall Stephenson, head of the US telecoms company AT&T, were two of the organisation's board members who said they would support a change in policy.

Is America the land of the free or do you have to be a heterosexual white Christian to be free?

Artevelde, again the sender of a red brick, seems to think my post is "stupid".
That especially ignorant poster has no ability to read and understand simple English as

Only in your own bigotted mind should it be illegal for free organisations of people such as the Boy Scouts to exist.
shows.

I wonder if he can get his mummy to read my post in the form of a bedtime story and explain what it's about. :)

It's about selective outrage.

For years the left has bitched about pedophilia in the Catholic church yet they want to invade the boy scouts with ball-groping perverts.

We know what's going on here.

I simply believe in being fair to all and anyone if their cause is reasonable - and this is.

You are free to believe that. They are free to believe otherwise. The thing about freedom is that it does not mean we all join hands in a true sense of community. It means that if you wish to be a total asshole, you get to be a total asshole. It means the KKK gets to burn their crosses and the nazis get to march in Jewish neighborhoods. Freedom is messy as all hell.

Boy Scouts of America keeps gay ban

The Boy Scouts of America will not change its policy of excluding gay scouts and scout leaders, following a secret two-year review, the group says.

The current policy allows families to address sexuality in private and no further action will be taken, it added.

Eleven volunteers and leaders, with a range of "perspectives and opinions", were chosen to undertake the study.

Critics, including some board members, say they support internal change and gay members should be allowed to join.

Jim Turley, chairman and chief executive of consulting firm Ernst and Young, and Randall Stephenson, head of the US telecoms company AT&T, were two of the organisation's board members who said they would support a change in policy.

Is America the land of the free or do you have to be a heterosexual white Christian to be free?

That especially ignorant poster has no ability to read and understand simple English as

Only in your own bigotted mind should it be illegal for free organisations of people such as the Boy Scouts to exist.
shows.

I wonder if he can get his mummy to read my post in the form of a bedtime story and explain what it's about. :)

For years the left has bitched about pedophilia in the Catholic church yet they want to invade the boy scouts with ball-groping perverts.

I don't think you do know what's going on at all.

First off, are you saying you haven't bitched about pedophilia in the Catholic church? Only liberals are concerned about it? Does that mean you are fine with pedophilia so long as it is being done by the right people?

Second, why don't you actually back up your claim. Evidence can be presented to show that pedophilia has been going on in the Catholic church. They have admitted it. What evidence do you have that this is a problem with homosexuals?

No. It isn't.

ONLY the Private organization gets to choose it's members.

Not you. Not the government.

Got it?

now scoot.....
:eusa_hand:

I suppose because they are morally clean and they enjoy working with young men in that environment. Suggesting that imply because someone is homosexual that they will abuse teenage boys is as silly as assuming just because someone is a catholic priest they will. Should we bar young men from participating in sporting events because some coaches have been found to be predators?

Again, I support the BSA's right to make this decision. It is, however, a decision based not upon moral cleanliness but prejudice arising from ignorance.

While I agree that it is wrong to equate being gay with being a pedophile, I also strongly disagree with your assertion that this decision was per definition based on prejudice. It was based on the fact that the BSA espouse a certain philosophy of family and ethics with which open homosexual activity is incompatible. That is just as unprejudiced as a Jewish organisation preferring not to accept people who can't accept its Jewish philosophy, a muslim organisation ..., etc.

shows.

I don't think you do know what's going on at all.

First off, are you saying you haven't bitched about pedophilia in the Catholic church? Only liberals are concerned about it? Does that mean you are fine with pedophilia so long as it is being done by the right people?

Second, why don't you actually back up your claim. Evidence can be presented to show that pedophilia has been going on in the Catholic church. They have admitted it. What evidence do you have that this is a problem with homosexuals?

Are you claiming there are no pedophiles among homosexuals?

men who molest boys are closeted homos who have beard wives.

take a gander at sandusky

pretending gay needs to be chased away is what causes men to molest boys.

it part of the cycle the boy scouts wants to maintain

men who molest boys are closeted homos who have beard wives.

take a gander at sandusky

What the hell is this drivel?

I hate to tell you this, but men who molest underage children are PEDOPHILES. Not necessarily homosexuals. To most homosexuals, the act of molesting an underage person ranks right up there with one of the most ignorant and offensive acts that a person can do. To equate a PEDOPHILE with a HOMOSEXUAL is ignorance at a supreme level.

Having had the unfortunate opportunity to interview a number of pedophiles as a police officer, the question of "why" invariably come up. Their response? It's not the fact that they are a boy or a girl. The attraction is the age. The lack of maturity in the genetalia is the attraction. And to some, the more immature the better (this from a guy who raped a 4 year old girl AND was caught molesting a two year old little boy). It is a sickness in my opinion that is incurable and WILL force the person to seek out such liaisons again and again, regardless of the consequences for them OR the victim.

By the way, the guy mentioned above? Sent to prison and was raped several times in the shower. They used a razor to cut his anal sphincter muscle so he couldn't resist. After the third time, they killed him.

Justice comes in all forms...

Forum List

Back