The land of the free (as long as you conform to what narrow minded bigots say)

BBC News - Boy Scouts of America keeps gay ban

Boy Scouts of America keeps gay ban

The Boy Scouts of America will not change its policy of excluding gay scouts and scout leaders, following a secret two-year review, the group says.

The current policy allows families to address sexuality in private and no further action will be taken, it added.

Eleven volunteers and leaders, with a range of "perspectives and opinions", were chosen to undertake the study.

Critics, including some board members, say they support internal change and gay members should be allowed to join.

Jim Turley, chairman and chief executive of consulting firm Ernst and Young, and Randall Stephenson, head of the US telecoms company AT&T, were two of the organisation's board members who said they would support a change in policy.

Is America the land of the free or do you have to be a heterosexual white Christian to be free?

The boy scouts is a private organization. They can set any rules they like.

And they rule is they (and parents) don't want sick perverts hanging around a group of kids.

BBC News - Boy Scouts of America keeps gay ban

Is America the land of the free or do you have to be a heterosexual white Christian to be free?

And they rule is they (and parents) don't want sick perverts hanging around a group of kids.

Yes. I fully support their right to be closed minded twits. However, I suspect they really aren't. You just think they are.

Yes. I fully support their right to be closed minded twits. However, I suspect they really aren't. You just think they are.
Parents who prevent predatory pedophiles from taking advantage of their impressionable sons are hardly closed-minded twits.

Last edited:
Do the Boy Scouts allow females?
Never heard of such a thing. But they allow their moms to fix dinners for them. :)

Venturing

Venturing is a youth development program of the Boy Scouts of America for young men and women who are 14 years of age OR 13 years of age and have completed the eighth grade and under 21 years of age. Venturing's purpose is to provide positive experiences to help young people mature and to prepare them to become responsible and caring adults.

there are also lots of women scouters who serve as asm, committee members etc

Do the Boy Scouts allow females?

yes, and most troops don't worry about the gay thing.

link?

i can only tell you about my experience and the other scouters in other troops that i've interacted with. sexuality isn't really part of the program.

you're free to believe otherwise, and the national organization of course bans it, but most people really don't give a rat's ass.

no one is ever alone with a kid, anyway, if they're following the two deep guidelines, as they're supposed to.

i have my own beliefs about where the national organization's position comes from, and it's got more to do with money than morality, imo.

So we arent a free country unless we force private organzations to associate with people they choose not to associate with?

Anyone else see the obvious problem with that argument?

So we arent a free country unless we force private organzations to associate with people they choose not to associate with?

Anyone else see the obvious problem with that argument?

Well, at least the homos will be happy.

What in the hell are you talking about? I'm pretty sure the Boy Scouts are a private, non profit organization that takes no taxpayer money. Are you suggesting they should be forced to take members you deem appropriate? Are you going to tell the organizers of the Gay Olympics they must accept straight athletes? Going to make the Girls Scouts accept boys? Perhaps the New Black Panthers should be forced to accept KKK members?

Stated differently, how is a private organization determining it's own criteria for membership antithetical to freedom?

What in the hell are you talking about? I'm pretty sure the Boy Scouts are a private, non profit organization that takes no taxpayer money. Are you suggesting they should be forced to take members you deem appropriate? Are you going to tell the organizers of the Gay Olympics they must accept straight athletes? Going to make the Girls Scouts accept boys? Perhaps the New Black Panthers should be forced to accept KKK members?

Stated differently, how is a private organization determining it's own criteria for membership antithetical to freedom?

Too many big words for the troll
:eusa_shhh:

Parents who prevent predatory pedophiles from taking advantage of their sons are hardly closed-minded twits.

Parents who think "gay" equates to predatory pedophile are. However, as I said, I fully support their right to be closed minded twits. In a free society, you are free to be an idiot.

Forum List

Back