The land of the free (as long as you conform to what narrow minded bigots say)

Can someone explain why the 'land of the free' isn't so free or doesn't it fit your ideals because it's only fags you're banning?
Could be worse.
They could be black fags then they've have to sit at the back of the bus on their way home.

Land of the free - Crap.
Land of the bigots - maybe.

You are absolutely free to join up with any Private Organization that allows gays.
This particular one doesn't.
Don't join.

That advice is free.

The Girls Scouts don't allow boys to join, do they?

Faux-Outrage noted.

As long as they don't take public funding..and aren't a for-profit..they should be able to restrict membership.

Yep... agreed.

We aren't talking about 8 year old girls. We are talking about teenager boys. And while you might not be one of them, i guanantee you there are alot of hetrosexual males who are attracted to 14-18 year old girls. And im sure there are homosexual males who are attracted to 14-18 year old boys.

So why put children at risk at all?

And why would a practicing homosexual want to be involved with a movement that teaches boys to morally clean anyway?

I suppose because they are morally clean and they enjoy working with young men in that environment. Suggesting that imply because someone is homosexual that they will abuse teenage boys is as silly as assuming just because someone is a catholic priest they will. Should we bar young men from participating in sporting events because some coaches have been found to be predators?

Again, I support the BSA's right to make this decision. It is, however, a decision based not upon moral cleanliness but prejudice arising from ignorance.

While I agree that it is wrong to equate being gay with being a pedophile, I also strongly disagree with your assertion that this decision was per definition based on prejudice. It was based on the fact that the BSA espouse a certain philosophy of family and ethics with which open homosexual activity is incompatible. That is just as unprejudiced as a Jewish organisation preferring not to accept people who can't accept its Jewish philosophy, a muslim organisation ..., etc.

I will concede your point. I suppose I was just reacting to the implication that homosexuality is morally unclean.

It's about selective outrage.

For years the left has bitched about pedophilia in the Catholic church yet they want to invade the boy scouts with ball-groping perverts.

We know what's going on here.

I don't think you do know what's going on at all.

First off, are you saying you haven't bitched about pedophilia in the Catholic church? Only liberals are concerned about it? Does that mean you are fine with pedophilia so long as it is being done by the right people?

Second, why don't you actually back up your claim. Evidence can be presented to show that pedophilia has been going on in the Catholic church. They have admitted it. What evidence do you have that this is a problem with homosexuals?

Are you claiming there are no pedophiles among homosexuals?

Nope. I am claiming that homosexuality and pedophilia have nothing to do with each other. I was simply struck by the notion that bitching about pedophilia is a liberal trait, as if that were a bad thing. Why would anyone not bitch about it?

Let's just be honest here. This has more to do with the gay brigade seeking an impressionable focus for their agenda, than any genuine outrage over queers being excluded from the Boy Scouts.

I'm not gay but I don't hate people who happen to be.
I'm not a gay campaigner nor do I push gay rights in any way.

I simply believe in being fair to all and anyone if their cause is reasonable - and this is.

You are free to believe that. They are free to believe otherwise. The thing about freedom is that it does not mean we all join hands in a true sense of community. It means that if you wish to be a total asshole, you get to be a total asshole. It means the KKK gets to burn their crosses and the nazis get to march in Jewish neighborhoods. Freedom is messy as all hell.

I suppose the freedom to be a total prat, full of hate is there.
Doesn't make it any less stupid.

So you're saying keep males away from all children?
Heteros can be attracted to young girls and homos can be attracted to young boys.
Why put them at risk at all?

Sexist. There are female kiddie molesters as well you know.
My home town had such a woman, a crossing guard (Lollipop lady for the Brits on here).
She shagged a good few schoolboys before the police arrested her.

Perhaps all adults should be kept away from all children.

When you find a female child molester, MOST of the time it's a 35 year old woman and an overly hormoned 17 year old boy.

At one time, that was called growing up.

No wonder out of all the movie classics dragged out of the vaults, you never see Tom Jones.

I don't think you do know what's going on at all.

First off, are you saying you haven't bitched about pedophilia in the Catholic church? Only liberals are concerned about it? Does that mean you are fine with pedophilia so long as it is being done by the right people?

Second, why don't you actually back up your claim. Evidence can be presented to show that pedophilia has been going on in the Catholic church. They have admitted it. What evidence do you have that this is a problem with homosexuals?

Nope. I am claiming that homosexuality and pedophilia have nothing to do with each other. I was simply struck by the notion that bitching about pedophilia is a liberal trait, as if that were a bad thing. Why would anyone not bitch about it?

Pedophiles can be found in all walks of life and both among homosexuals and heterosexuals. It is true that some people - out of anti-Catholic bias - try to turn pedophilia into a specifically catholic priest thing. Just as other people - out of anti-gay bias - try to turn it into a specifically homosexual thing.

I'm not gay but I don't hate people who happen to be.
I'm not a gay campaigner nor do I push gay rights in any way.

I simply believe in being fair to all and anyone if their cause is reasonable - and this is.

You are free to believe that. They are free to believe otherwise. The thing about freedom is that it does not mean we all join hands in a true sense of community. It means that if you wish to be a total asshole, you get to be a total asshole. It means the KKK gets to burn their crosses and the nazis get to march in Jewish neighborhoods. Freedom is messy as all hell.

Freedom to be smart means nothing if you don't have the freedom to be stupid.

Pedophiles can be found in all walks of life and both among homosexuals and heterosexuals. It is true that some people - out of anti-Catholic bias - try to turn pedophilia into a specifically catholic priest thing. Just as other people - out of anti-gay bias - try to turn it into a specifically homosexual thing.

I completely agree. Which is why I don't think this has anything at all to do with pedophilia.

Freedom to be smart means nothing if you don't have the freedom to be stupid.

Quite true actually. The freedom to be stupid, ignorant and a moron is very fundamental. So many people use it.

Is America the land of the free or do you have to be a heterosexual white Christian to be free?

You are free to be homosexual if want, which I am sure you are.

People are also free to associate with people they want to, and not to associate with people they don't want to associate with. I know that type of freedom is something a shitbag Marxist homo-enablers don't like.

When you find a female child molester, MOST of the time it's a 35 year old woman and an overly hormoned 17 year old boy.

At one time, that was called growing up.

No wonder out of all the movie classics dragged out of the vaults, you never see Tom Jones.

She was, if memory serves, about 50 or so.
The boys were around 13.

The slightly odd thing was, her husband owned the local paper shop and he sold the "South Yorkshire times" with his wife's picture all over the front page.

Is America the land of the free or do you have to be a heterosexual white Christian to be free?

People are also free to associate with people they want to, and not to associate with people they don't want to associate with. I know that type of freedom is something a shitbag Marxist homo-enablers don't like.

I love this sort of poor quality post.
I believe in fairness so I must be a queer.

As for Marxist - Pathetic.
Margaret Thatcher is my all time favourite politician.
You'll probably have to google her because your lack of general knowledge is astounding.

I love this sort of poor quality post.
I believe in fairness so I must be a queer.

As for Marxist - Pathetic.
Margaret Thatcher is my all time favourite politician.
You'll probably have to google her because your lack of general knowledge is astounding.

And yet you failed to address the point. You don't believe people should have the freedom to NOT associate with people they don't want to?

You don't, thats why you have a problem with a private organization choosing to not associate with homosexuals.

Carry on, dipshit.

The ignorance on the R is amazing. I really didn't know, until reading it here, that stupid rw's believe that homosexuality is the same as (using the p word is apparently against the rules so) those who molest children.

Very stupid. Very ignorant.

But that's the way the rw's like it.

The ignorance on the R is amazing. I really didn't know, until reading it here, that stupid rw's believe that homosexuality is the same as (using the p word is apparently against the rules so) those who molest children.

Very stupid. Very ignorant.

But that's the way the rw's like it.

why can't homosexuals start their own boys Scouts?
we see you don't have a problem with them forcing other to conform FOR THEM

how old does someone have to be before it's not pedophilia? I ask because we are talking about teenagers. While I certainly dont any sexual relationships outside of marriage, many states allow people to consent at age 16, heck they can marry at 16. We still consider them non-adults. Is this pedophila?

I tend to think of pedophiles as those who pray on prepubescent youth. That would exclude much of the boy scouts. We are talking more about predators and less about pedophilia specifically. I could be wrong though.

Forum List

Back