The Lame Duck Congress

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Everybody is so busy gloating or whining over the midterm elections that they seem to be ignoring what Congress will be doing the short time remaining in its existence. With so many facing loss of chairmanships and all the perks that go with their long-held power, what is going to happen?

What has Dingy Harry have up his sleeve?

What would YOU do if you suddenly lost a place as one of the 100 most influential people in the USA? I did a Google Search on the title and it came up with 35,700 results that provide some interesting suppositions.

Just curious.

Everybody is so busy gloating or whining over the midterm elections that they seem to be ignoring what Congress will be doing the short time remaining in its existence. With so many facing loss of chairmanships and all the perks that go with their long-held power, what is going to happen?

What would YOU do if you suddenly lost a place as one of the 100 most influential people in the USA? I did a Google Search on the title and it came up with 35,700 results that provide some interesting suppositions.

Just curious.

Dingy Harry? Wonder where you came up with a name like that.

It will be interesting to see what Reid will come up with. It's common knowledge by now that the senate majority leader put politics ahead of the welfare of the citizens of the United States so he just might try a scorched earth agenda before he fades into obscurity. Lets hope saner heads prevail among senate democrats and they tell him to go to hell.

Just curious.

Those that are not returning have nice cushy jobs waiting for them paid for the same people they actually represented.

Just curious.

Butthurt much?

I think amnesty is the "fuck you" to the right. There's nothing short of impeachment that can stop it. I also think there is going to be some rules changes that don't materialize for a year or so that happen. Harry Reid knows how to play this game and he gets to make the rules for a few more weeks.

I don't believe in the notion of lame duck congresses. They were elected for multiples of 2 year terms. So long as they have 1 day left tehy're expected to keep voting. Not refrain because they may have been voted out - your term isn't over until it's over.

I don't believe in the notion of lame duck congresses. They were elected for multiples of 2 year terms. So long as they have 1 day left tehy're expected to keep voting. Not refrain because they may have been voted out - your term isn't over until it's over.

A lame duck is one that is injured and not dead yet ... So your impression of the specifics is correct. The importance of the Lame Duck Congress resides in the fact the ducks know they are dead, but haven't died yet. They can pass or support unpopular legislation for partisan purposes because they don't have to worry about being re-elected or answering to the people for their actions.

I doubt you feel the same way about Republican "lame ducks."

Just curious.

If you ever listened to Mister Mumbles you would know!

Forum List

Back