The Great UFO Debate: Or, How I Learned to Stop Caring About Reality and Start Loving the Narrative!

Lord Long Rod

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2023
Many questions are swirling around the current UFO tempest. Are undocumented interstellar travelers visiting the Earth? Are they living among us? Is the military conjuring new technologies by reverse-engineering space alien vehicles? Is the U.S. government in cahoots with space aliens? I do not know the answer to these things. However, some things are clear.

First, there is no widely known evidence that compels the conclusion that we are be visited by space aliens. There is anecdotal evidence, which has reliability issues. There are photos and videos. But these could be fabricated. Even aside from this question, maybe the government is using the UFO thing to distract. What reasons would they have to mislead the public? Oh, there are about a million and one reasons.

Second, why now? Why the sudden rush to appear transparent? Related to my first point, maybe they are trying to distract from something going on right now?

Third, what is with the Congressional hearings? Suddenly, the institution that usually concerns itself with issues like taxation and fiscal policy has transformed into an epidoe of Coast to Coast. Based upon what? Anecdotal evidence, photos, and videos. Recently a witness appeared before a Congressional committee to testify about biological remnants of extraterrestrial things being recovered from spacecraft. Art Bell himself, RIP, would have questioned the credibility of this guy.

Look, I am not saying that anthropomorphic space men and women do not exist. Maybe they do. But the evidence is exceedingly weak, too much so to be taking up Congressional time. As I see it, the only good thing about this is that if Congress is busy studying UFOs, then they have less time to concoct new ways to screw us.

The fact is, if Congress is going to have hearings on UFOs, then to be fair and nondiscriminatory, they should also be investigating other such phenomena, like bigfoot. Thousands of people see bigfoot all over the United States. There are photos and videos. There is auditory recordings. There is hard evidence (e.g., footprints). The public has a vested interest in knowing whether they are going to be stalked and killed by a 10 ft. tall hairy monster when they go into our national parks. One may reasonably look at both the quantity and quality of bigfoot evidence and conclude that it is much more likely that we have bigfoots roaming around in the woods than space aliens looking to probe our rectums with glowing glass rods.

No, I am not calling for a Congressional investigation of sasquatch. But since we are doing it with space aliens and UFOs, why not? Why not have hearings on the existence of interdimensional portals, wendigos, vampires, ghosts, etc... The House and Senate can create their very own X-Files committees. Then all of the conspiracy nuts can sit around watching C-Span and getting their rocks off. Meanwhile, the country can go to shit and be further corrupted by corporatism and authoritarianism while our 401(k) savings go to shit.

What reasons would they have to mislead the public? Oh, there are about a million and one reasons.
Can you name a couple of those reasons that are related to this space alien bullshit?

There certainly has to be a reason why the US military is pushing it so hard.

I can't think of any useful reason than hoping that Russia buys it up and then fears greater weapon technology then theirs.

They're just trying to step up from the LGBTQ+ religion into a new one...where the sky is the limit....and they probably have the technology to make it look real and have had it for years. Just were waiting for the "ripe" time.

• Banned
Can you name a couple of those reasons that are related to this space alien bullshit?

I can't think of any useful reason than hoping that Russia buys it up and then fears greater weapon technology then theirs.
My best guess is that it is being used to cover up the development of our weapons technologies and hide it from China and others. It could be that (1) they want other countries to believe that what they see is not us at all (i.e., things flying around in ways that no conventional aircraft can fly); or (2) to actually let our adversaries KNOW what we have without actually saying it (i.e., with the assumption being that other countries are not buying into the space alien idea).

• Banned
They're just trying to step up from the LGBTQ+ religion into a new one...where the sky is the limit....and they probably have the technology to make it look real and have had it for years. Just were waiting for the "ripe" time.
Maybe it is to coverup/distract from many things the government knows we don't want them knowing. Not hypnotism per se, just a distraction. There is a lot of outrage out there right now. Perhaps they believe they can displace these outrages with thoughts about aliens?

My best guess is that it is being used to cover up the development of our weapons technologies and hide it from China and others. It could be that (1) they want other countries to believe that what they see is not us at all (i.e., things flying around in ways that no conventional aircraft can fly);
Brilliant conclusion! Although you are both promoting an idea but then explaining it away by saying that America only 'wants other countries to believe.
or (2) to actually let our adversaries KNOW what we have without actually saying it (i.e., with the assumption being that other countries are not buying into the space alien idea).
That's a bit different from (1). Pretty close to what I've suggested to you.

Would other countries' pilots be seeing the same thing, or would it be assumed that only the US would have the privilege?

(1) has to take the cake until something better is offered!

Fwiw, the witnesses were either second hand or made sure that what they said contained some deniability.

The sighting that showed the wingbeat cadence must have been taken down. You can't make up better shit than that!

Still, the lower intelligent seem to want to buy into it!

Many questions are swirling around the current UFO tempest. Are undocumented interstellar travelers visiting the Earth? Are they living among us? Is the military conjuring new technologies by reverse-engineering space alien vehicles? Is the U.S. government in cahoots with space aliens? I do not know the answer to these things. However, some things are clear.

First, there is no widely known evidence that compels the conclusion that we are be visited by space aliens. There is anecdotal evidence, which has reliability issues. There are photos and videos. But these could be fabricated. Even aside from this question, maybe the government is using the UFO thing to distract. What reasons would they have to mislead the public? Oh, there are about a million and one reasons.

Second, why now? Why the sudden rush to appear transparent? Related to my first point, maybe they are trying to distract from something going on right now?

Third, what is with the Congressional hearings? Suddenly, the institution that usually concerns itself with issues like taxation and fiscal policy has transformed into an epidoe of Coast to Coast. Based upon what? Anecdotal evidence, photos, and videos. Recently a witness appeared before a Congressional committee to testify about biological remnants of extraterrestrial things being recovered from spacecraft. Art Bell himself, RIP, would have questioned the credibility of this guy.

Look, I am not saying that anthropomorphic space men and women do not exist. Maybe they do. But the evidence is exceedingly weak, too much so to be taking up Congressional time. As I see it, the only good thing about this is that if Congress is busy studying UFOs, then they have less time to concoct new ways to screw us.

The fact is, if Congress is going to have hearings on UFOs, then to be fair and nondiscriminatory, they should also be investigating other such phenomena, like bigfoot. Thousands of people see bigfoot all over the United States. There are photos and videos. There is auditory recordings. There is hard evidence (e.g., footprints). The public has a vested interest in knowing whether they are going to be stalked and killed by a 10 ft. tall hairy monster when they go into our national parks. One may reasonably look at both the quantity and quality of bigfoot evidence and conclude that it is much more likely that we have bigfoots roaming around in the woods than space aliens looking to probe our rectums with glowing glass rods.

No, I am not calling for a Congressional investigation of sasquatch. But since we are doing it with space aliens and UFOs, why not? Why not have hearings on the existence of interdimensional portals, wendigos, vampires, ghosts, etc... The House and Senate can create their very own X-Files committees. Then all of the conspiracy nuts can sit around watching C-Span and getting their rocks off. Meanwhile, the country can go to shit and be further corrupted by corporatism and authoritarianism while our 401(k) savings go to shit.
Rumors are our government has in its possession crashed alien spacecraft and bodies of space aliens. The reason the government is hiding this information is the aliens have told us that mankind is not ready to know the truth.

The space aliens may have a point.

BJWY.gif

Brilliant conclusion! Although you are both promoting an idea but then explaining it away by saying that America only 'wants other countries to believe.

That's a bit different from (1). Pretty close to what I've suggested to you.

Would other countries' pilots be seeing the same thing, or would it be assumed that only the US would have the privilege?

(1) has to take the cake until something better is offered!

Fwiw, the witnesses were either second hand or made sure that what they said contained some deniability.
Nobody know what the real reason is for this sudden outburst in scifi fantasy. But I doubt it has much to do with space aliens.

Nobody know what the real reason is for this sudden outburst in scifi fantasy. But I doubt it has much to do with space aliens.
Yes I agree, and I think that once somebody take the time to analyze the possibilities, etc., they will drop it too.

But you have been helpful with your guesses!

Rumors are our government has in its possession crashed alien spacecraft and bodies of space aliens. The reason the government is hiding this information is the aliens have told us that mankind is not ready to know the truth.

The space aliens may have a point.
The most likely ET we are likely to have encountered would be a robotic probe on some errand that has nothing to do with us. How boring is that? What a huge let down.

Yes I agree, and I think that once somebody take the time to analyze the possibilities, etc., they will drop it too.

But you have been helpful with your guesses!
UFO's are real. I and many other Americans have seen them.

The most likely ET we are likely to have encountered would be a robotic probe on some errand that has nothing to do with us. How boring is that? What a huge let down.
That wouldn't be a letdown, if you're suggesting that the probe wasn't manmade.

UFO's are real. I and many other Americans have seen them.
You can't establish your paygrade a dozen times on this board and then expect that you can talk over it. But do tell us all what you've seen? You have to believe in yourself too though.

You can't establish your paygrade a dozen times on this board and then expect that you can talk over it. But do tell us all what you've seen? You have to believe in yourself too though.
Not only me but many other people observed this. You are just in denial.

Forum List

Back