Green Card Giveaway for Big Tech, Backed by NRCC Chair Tom Emmer, May Get Spotlight in Lame Duck Congress

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
These politicians are utterly shameless about throwing American workers under the bus. The Republicans who sponsored this piece of crap should all be shit-canned.

Beltway lobbyists are hoping a lame duck Congress rams through a green card giveaway for the nation’s largest tech conglomerates that would hugely reward them for rapidly outsourcing American jobs to foreign visa workers.
The EAGLE Act, a rebranded version of Big Tech’s S.386, is sponsored by Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-CA) — who represents Silicon Valley’s tech elite — and has the backing of 75 other House Democrats and eight House Republicans including National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC) Chair Rep. Tom Emmer (R-MN).
Emmer’s office did not respond to a request for comment by Breitbart News.
Before all midterm election races are called, Capitol Hill is already abuzz with pressure from lobbyists that a lame duck Congress ought to pass the green card giveaway.
Among the most prominent measures, the green card giveaway would reward tech corporations for having imported mostly Indian nationals on H-1B visas to take white-collar American jobs and ensure hundreds of thousands of those visa workers are fast-tracked into employment-based green cards and, in five years, eligible for naturalized United States citizenship.
Tech corporations would likely be the largest beneficiaries as only employment-based green cards would likely go to foreign H-1B visa workers under the green card giveaway. For years, American tech workers have told Breitbart News they are terrified of the rapid outsourcing and job discrimination that would ensue as a result of the plan.

ah Tom Emmer. i still haven't made up my mind about him, other than i think he's a nut

Forum List

Back