Is Reid going to be reelected as minority leader?

Sep 12, 2008
He as lead the party to a historic defeat. For which he deserves blame. Will the dims find someone better?

If the Dems elect Harry Reid to be the minority leader, everything I have ever thought about Democrats will be true.

Reid would be a good leader for the minority, he can whine and cry about how unfair things are and how the Republicans are very nice and all that. LOL!

Possibly. I hope he doesn't get relected as minority leader though. If they are smart they'll choose someone new.

He as lead the party to a historic defeat. For which he deserves blame. Will the dims find someone better?
You would think it would be easy to find "someone better" .. still .. I'd prefer Harry & Nancy get caught doing minority things together.

I want Reid, look how well he led the Democrats to a Senate Majority, he will be as good as Pelosi has been.

I say vote for Reid!

I doubt it very much as the Dems lack the 'moral courage' to stand up and be counted; they failed to disavow him in the past and they will so in the future just so they can continue in his good graces.

Reid just pushed a NRLB nominee through, returning the National Labor Relations Board to a 3-2 Democratic majority. Hence the crying. That one was of Obama's recess appointments that the court had squashed, this time run through the regular nominating process.

Reid will be 77 in 2016, and has said he will seek re-election. He's the 13th oldest senator now. Senators are an old bunch. If he served another 6, he'd no doubt be among the oldest when the term ended.

Majority leaders are selected for their fund raising ability, unless this is outweighed by their political liabilities. As a minority leader, Reid's effectiveness may be hampered by all of his "obstruction" charges against Republicans when they were in the minority.

Forum List

Back