The irrefutable damage Right wing talk show hosts have done to the Republican Party.

Shill alert

See Grampa Murked U is one of them--he has Reich wing listener tatoo'd on his forehead. He is not willing to read the article, but he's here to blast it, even though he doesn't know what the information is about. He refuses to read the entire article--because it would cast a negative light into what he knows and or believes.

The article talks about this also.

Tea-Party-Meeting.gif
I don't listen to talk radio, shill

Then why are you defending them, if you don't listen to them--LOL You're pretty easy to spot in a crowd.
Calling you out =/= defending anything or any one, shill

Right wing talk shows reach.....maybe 3 million people.

At least half of whom are liberals looking for something new to be outraged about today.

I guess you're trying to be funny.

No I was being serious. But for DNC left-wing outrage of the day machines, I would not know what Rush or Glenn Beck or any of these right wing radio hosts are saying or even if they were still on the air somewhere. Their Q-Ratings are so low that the only way they can get enough listeners to keep a job is by antagonizing the left to the point that they listen in just to be offended. Democrats keep Rush on the air, not conservatives.

It's easy to figure out what right wing radio was saying last week. Just look at what right wing politicians are saying today.

Yep,

These bastards have turned entire groups of people insane and against logic, education and basic common sense.

Paving our roads and regulating air, water and food should be common sense...The idiots and assholes will argue that the sun is green and that is the problem.
day 12 of Matthew ignoring this fact:

InfraSpending.png

At least half of whom are liberals looking for something new to be outraged about today.

No I was being serious. But for DNC left-wing outrage of the day machines, I would not know what Rush or Glenn Beck or any of these right wing radio hosts are saying or even if they were still on the air somewhere. Their Q-Ratings are so low that the only way they can get enough listeners to keep a job is by antagonizing the left to the point that they listen in just to be offended. Democrats keep Rush on the air, not conservatives.

It's easy to figure out what right wing radio was saying last week. Just look at what right wing politicians are saying today.

I will wait until the democrats post it to "shine light on" whatever they want to bitch about today instead of actually promoting common sense policies that comport with reality.

I will wait until the democrats post it to "shine light on" whatever they want to bitch about today instead of actually promoting common sense policies that comport with reality.

Deporting 11 million people comports with reality? Banning Muslims comports with reality? Building a fence that won't stop anybody comport's with reality? Supporting a 2nd rate reality show host for the presidency is reality? That's not reality. That's fantasy.

Deporting 11 million people comports with reality? Banning Muslims comports with reality? Building a fence that won't stop anybody comport's with reality? Supporting a 2nd rate reality show host for the presidency is reality? That's not reality. That's fantasy.

And once again a democrat offers nothing but criticism of the right because they have no way of practically addressing those issues from the left.

Allowing anyone and everyone into the country s reality? Importing millions of people willing to do our jobs for virtually nothing is reality? Spending untold trillions that we don't have is reality? Supporting an abject crook for president is realty? Obsessing over where people pee is reality? That's not reality, that's insanity.

And once again a democrat offers nothing but criticism of the right because they have no way of practically addressing those issues from the left.

Those things are being addressed in a practical way. Trump even said he would continue the immigration policies because they are working. He also said the wall was just a suggestion.

Allowing anyone and everyone into the country s reality? Importing millions of people willing to do our jobs for virtually nothing is reality? Spending untold trillions that we don't have is reality? Supporting an abject crook for president is realty? Obsessing over where people pee is reality? That's not reality, that's insanity.

We aren't allowing anyone and everyone into the country. Nobody ever said we should. That is just another right wing exaggeration. As far as spending trillions, you need to talk to your own politicians about that. The rest is crazy bullshit.

Those things are being addressed in a practical way. Trump even said he would continue the immigration policies because they are working. He also said the wall was just a suggestion.
No, he's quite serious about it. I've heard him say so as late as two days ago. And he wants LEGAL immigration to stand, not illegal. do you understand the difference? Because I don't think you do.

We aren't allowing anyone and everyone into the country. Nobody ever said we should. That is just another right wing exaggeration. As far as spending trillions, you need to talk to your own politicians about that. The rest is crazy bullshit.

You don't get out much do you?

:lmao:

No, he's quite serious about it. I've heard him say so as late as two days ago. And he wants LEGAL immigration to stand, not illegal. do you understand the difference? Because I don't think you do.

Yes, he is quite serious about it on some days, but it's just a suggestion on others. I guess you get to choose which day's proclamations you want to believe.

So you are a democrat who supports Trump when it is convenient even in the midst of attacking him...how very cerebral of you.

Yes, he is quite serious about it on some days, but it's just a suggestion on others. I guess you get to choose which day's proclamations you want to believe.
Every time I've heard him speak he mentions it so I'll just disregard your irrelevant opinion.

Here is a great article that discuss's the demise of the party due to Right wing talk show hosts, and it explains in detail how it happened.

"I think the conservative media is the worst thing that has ever happened to the Republican Party on a national level," he said.

"Now, this is not Rush's fault, but if you look at the presidential elections before Rush Limbaugh became nationally syndicated, I believe Republicans won five out of six," he said. "After Rush Limbaugh became truly nationally syndicated ... if you start in 1996 and what I anticipate will happen in 2016, Republicans will have lost five of the seven presidential elections once he became syndicated."

Ziegler said that if there is no price to pay for Trump's most enthusiastic backers in the conservative press, then "it's over."

"The conservative establishment that needs to be gotten rid of is the conservative media establishment. Sean Hannity needs to go. Bill O'Reilly needs to go. Sadly, Rush Limbaugh needs to go," he said."

The entire article is here--it's a long one but very informative.
Donald Trump broke the conservative media

13625386_1434728513209781_4451244961255642043_n.jpg

I've been saying essentially the same thing for years. Talk radio hosts, probably motivated as much by ratings and money, engaged in ever more outrageous claims which resulted in ever more radicalized listeners.

GOP elected officials and candidates willingly flocked to the talk radio airwaves to get plenty of free airtime which was mostly favorable, if not fawning. And who could blame them? They believed that they could use the medium to their benefit because it worked time after time. But under pressure, these same elected officials made pledges (like the repeal of Obamacare) that they absolutely KNEW they could not make happen due to a lack of votes.

The almost predictable end result is that the ratings-hungry AM talk radio hosts started to turn on the very Republicans they once championed.

And now look where they are. Republicans helped to create the talk radio monster which is now devouring their political party.

The rightwing media created the electorate that fell for Trumps snake oil pitch

They are also responsible for driving the moderates out of the party

That is why the next Republican President hasn't been born yet

Well, religious conservative ideological purists have been driving moderates out of the GOP for years.

However, I would not be too quick to assume that a Republican could not win. Recently, both political parties, but particularly Republicans, have surged back to stunning across-the-board electoral victories shortly after suffering massive defeats.

There are also a few other factors at play:

One, of course, is voter turnout. A motivated base can certainly deliver more votes than a turned-off or apathetic set of voters from the other side of the political spectrum. Considering that even a presidential election barely brings out some 52-53% of eligible voters, that should not be a surprise. What that means, of course, is that barely a quarter of eligible voters can elect a president.

Another is redistricting. This was made clear in the last election when all the Democratic house candidates (both challengers and incumbents) received more total votes (when added together) than all Republicans but still ended up losing seats due to the way the congressional districts had been drawn.

Another factor is how Republicans are quite motivated in certain states to make it harder to vote, thereby lowering voter turnout. Statistically, this favors Republicans if and when demographics are not in their favor. Achieving this can be as simple as requiring voters to register to vote several weeks before a general election.

Then there's the possibility that a particular candidate might just be riding a wave of what is essentially a historical trend. Illegal immigration might rise to that level. I can give you an example from my own life. Fifteen years ago, a friend and I stopped at a retail store on the way to one of his rental properties where he planned on doing some repairs. I'd never been to this particular store because it was in an area of the city where I never traveled. It wasn't a bad area. It was just off my normal routes. However, this store was part of a well known national chain. At any rate, I think that he and I were the only people in the store who spoke English; everyone else was speaking Spanish. That's when I realized that the illegal immigration problem was more pronounced than I previously believed, and it came as a shock to me. Keep in mind that was back in 2001. Now, illegal immigration has been a problem during the administrations of both political parties, and I know for a fact that millions of ordinary Americans are fed up with it. So far, Trump is the only candidate that has tackled this issue head on. While his proposed solutions are not practical or even workable, they play in to the emotional frustration of many voters. Here's what it boils down to: If enough people decide that the illegal immigration issue is the defining issue of this election (and maybe even this era), and they also don't believe that anyone else but Trump will even attempt to address the problem, then millions of voters who might not normally vote for Trump for any number of reasons might just hold their noses and pull the lever for him anyway.

Here is a great article that discuss's the demise of the party due to Right wing talk show hosts, and it explains in detail how it happened.

"I think the conservative media is the worst thing that has ever happened to the Republican Party on a national level," he said.

"Now, this is not Rush's fault, but if you look at the presidential elections before Rush Limbaugh became nationally syndicated, I believe Republicans won five out of six," he said. "After Rush Limbaugh became truly nationally syndicated ... if you start in 1996 and what I anticipate will happen in 2016, Republicans will have lost five of the seven presidential elections once he became syndicated."

Ziegler said that if there is no price to pay for Trump's most enthusiastic backers in the conservative press, then "it's over."

"The conservative establishment that needs to be gotten rid of is the conservative media establishment. Sean Hannity needs to go. Bill O'Reilly needs to go. Sadly, Rush Limbaugh needs to go," he said."

I agree completely. It has been obvious for a very long time. .

I agree completely. It has been obvious for a very long time. .
Yeah, since November of 2014.

oh wait ....

So you are a democrat who supports Trump when it is convenient even in the midst of attacking him...how very cerebral of you.

I did support Trump in the primaries because Trump as the republican nominee was and still is the best gift anyone could give Hillary. Pointing out that he now admits that the things he claimed he would do, to get the nomination, were dumb and unworkable doesn't mean I support him.

Here is a great article that discuss's the demise of the party due to Right wing talk show hosts, and it explains in detail how it happened...

Con talk shows have certainly given voice to the right wing fringe but considering their fervor, the advent and growth of social media and political websites would have done the same over the past 20 years.

The Trump crowd supported Pat Buchanan and, to a lesser degree, Ron Paul in years past but were marginalized.
Buchanan collected his matching election funds and promptly disappeared.
Ron Paul saw who was following him and promptly retired. He is now a shill for a convicted fraud who regularly predicts - perhaps promotes - our economic demise.

Thanks to Con Radio, the social media, and a strong disdain for MS Repubs, their voices and message were amplified, chasing less ardent, more pragmatic conservatives from the tent.

It happens and soon the Dems will split as their hard core leftists chase the moderates from their tent.

And the political pendulum swings back and forth.

...But I disagree with your 3 million figure, there's many more than that. They are the Tea Party in this country--they are the ones that voted for Donald Trump, and since he got around 13 million during the primary that should give some idea as to how many do listen to these people...

Not all or even most who voted for The Donald did so because Rush (or Sean, or Bill, or Michael, or Ann) told them to and much of his MS support was simply expressing exasperation at the status quo. I would go so far as to say some if not most of the talking heads (and many moderate Repubs) were caught off-guard (and disgusted) by Trump's success in the primaries.

Here is a great article that discuss's the demise of the party due to Right wing talk show hosts, and it explains in detail how it happened...

Con talk shows have certainly given voice to the right wing fringe but considering their fervor, the advent and growth of social media and political websites would have done the same over the past 20 years.

The Trump crowd supported Pat Buchanan and, to a lesser degree, Ron Paul in years past but were marginalized.
Buchanan collected his matching election funds and promptly disappeared.
Ron Paul saw who was following him and promptly retired. He is now a shill for a convicted fraud who regularly predicts - perhaps promotes - our economic demise.

Thanks to Con Radio, the social media, and a strong disdain for MS Repubs, their voices and message were amplified, chasing less ardent, more pragmatic conservatives from the tent.

It happens and soon the Dems will split as their hard core leftists chase the moderates from their tent.

And the political pendulum swings back and forth.

...But I disagree with your 3 million figure, there's many more than that. They are the Tea Party in this country--they are the ones that voted for Donald Trump, and since he got around 13 million during the primary that should give some idea as to how many do listen to these people...

Not all or even most who voted for The Donald did so because Rush (or Sean, or Bill, or Michael, or Ann) told them to and much of his MS support was simply expressing exasperation at the status quo. I would go so far as to say some if not most of the talking heads (and many moderate Repubs) were caught off-guard (and disgusted) by Trump's success in the primaries.

Trump is exactly what rush and the rest of right wing radio has been demanding for years. Don't try to pretend that they haven't been guiding the GOP for a long time.

Forum List

Back