The irrefutable damage Right wing talk show hosts have done to the Republican Party.

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
Here is a great article that discuss's the demise of the party due to Right wing talk show hosts, and it explains in detail how it happened.

"I think the conservative media is the worst thing that has ever happened to the Republican Party on a national level," he said.

"Now, this is not Rush's fault, but if you look at the presidential elections before Rush Limbaugh became nationally syndicated, I believe Republicans won five out of six," he said. "After Rush Limbaugh became truly nationally syndicated ... if you start in 1996 and what I anticipate will happen in 2016, Republicans will have lost five of the seven presidential elections once he became syndicated."

Ziegler said that if there is no price to pay for Trump's most enthusiastic backers in the conservative press, then "it's over."

"The conservative establishment that needs to be gotten rid of is the conservative media establishment. Sean Hannity needs to go. Bill O'Reilly needs to go. Sadly, Rush Limbaugh needs to go," he said."

The entire article is here--it's a long one but very informative.
Donald Trump broke the conservative media

13625386_1434728513209781_4451244961255642043_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yep,

These bastards have turned entire groups of people insane and against logic, education and basic common sense.

Paving our roads and regulating air, water and food should be common sense...The idiots and assholes will argue that the sun is green and that is the problem.

Yep,

These bastards have turned entire groups of people insane and against logic, education and basic common sense.

Paving our roads and regulating air, water and food should be common sense...The idiots and assholes will argue that the sun is green and that is the problem.

It's clear that these right wing talk show hosts have been filling their audiences with 1/2 truths, misconceptions, and enough conspiracy theories to fill the capital building from floor to ceiling. Now it's come back full circle--and there are former listeners blaming them for Donald Trump.

Rush Limbaugh is responsible for shattering the Republican party into pieces with his constant "establishment" rhetoric. Continually violating Reagan's 11th commandment--"thou shall not speak ill of another Republican.

images

Yep,

Common sense to you jerks is regulating every aspect of our lives for the purpose of wealth distribution. Talk show host don't run us. They happen to agree with us and are good at articulating it.

Right wing talk shows reach.....maybe 3 million people.

There on this board you can tell who they are. They have Reich Wing talk show listener tatoo'd on their foreheads. They're parrots.

But I disagree with your 3 million figure, there's many more than that. They are the Tea Party in this country--they are the ones that voted for Donald Trump, and since he got around 13 million during the primary that should give some idea as to how many do listen to these people.

We're talking about Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Bill O'reilly, Michael Savage, Ann Coulter and a few others and that adds up to a lot more than 3 million people.

I agree that they have done damage to republicans. But not anymore than the blacks and jewish media have done to democrats.

Yep,

Common sense to you jerks is regulating every aspect of our lives for the purpose of wealth distribution. Talk show host don't run us. They happen to agree with us and are good at articulating it.
You mean, you agree with what they told you to believe.

Shill alert

See Grampa Murked U is one of them--he has Reich wing listener tatoo'd on his forehead. He is not willing to read the article, but he's here to blast it, even though he doesn't know what the information is about. He refuses to read the entire article--because it would cast a negative light into what he knows and or believes. Then he is on record for denying that he watches FOX News and or listens to Reich wing talk radio--LOL But he's on here right now defending them with all the Fervor he's got.

The article talks about this also.

Tea-Party-Meeting.gif

Last edited:
damage done? all those bleeding heart republicans out there, bleeding because they've been stabbed in the chest several times by the same three radio commercials that play on a loop. can you believe this, mr. producer? i just can't believe this.

Shill alert

See Grampa Murked U is one of them--he has Reich wing listener tatoo'd on his forehead. He is not willing to read the article, but he's here to blast it, even though he doesn't know what the information is about. He refuses to read the entire article--because it would cast a negative light into what he knows and or believes.

Tea-Party-Meeting.gif
I don't listen to talk radio, shill

I agree that they have done damage to republicans. But not anymore than the blacks and jewish media have done to democrats.

Well blacks and Jews typically vote for Democrats, so there is no damage done.

The problem is Donald Trump is going to LOSE this election in a Landslide--Republicans won't even support him. The route of the problem started with Reich wing talk show hosts attacking Republicans. They have effectively shattered the party too pieces.

They also promote candidates that cannot win the White House. Their audiences have their conservative itches scratched so much they bleed, but this country is center, it always has been, it always will be. It will not elect far left or far right candidates. Before Donald Trump they were promoting Ted Cruz. Cruz would never win the largest voting block in this country (women). And if you can't win women you won't win the White House.
A Race to the Bottom on Women's Rights

Shill alert

See Grampa Murked U is one of them--he has Reich wing listener tatoo'd on his forehead. He is not willing to read the article, but he's here to blast it, even though he doesn't know what the information is about. He refuses to read the entire article--because it would cast a negative light into what he knows and or believes.

Tea-Party-Meeting.gif

Then why are you defending them, if you don't listen to them--LOL You're pretty easy to spot in a crowd.

Shill alert

Tea-Party-Meeting.gif

But you do follow the right wing line that is dictated by right wing radio and fox.Even now, after you have posted light disagreement with Trump and some of the more disgusting claims from the right, you still can't break the bind of the brain washing you received from right wing radio years ago.

At least half of whom are liberals looking for something new to be outraged about today.

I guess you're trying to be funny. But to keep these kind of audiences "entertained"--you're right they have to give them something to be ANGRY about. And they'll do anything, say anything to keep them ANGRY and tuned in. I thought this was the greatest description of the new party RULES.

"In fact, a list of what “Republicans” now stand for has nothing at all to do with policy or principle, but rather is filled with beliefs about very specific concepts. For instance, being a member of the current GOP pretty much requires you to pledge allegiance to most, if not all, of the following views"

• That Hillary and Bill Clinton are at least an accessories to murder if not murderers, the DNC killed a member of its staff for leaking her emails, her use of which was the greatest national security breech in history, and Vince Foster killed himself because of Hillary nagging him (assuming he really wasn’t murdered).
  • Hillary Clinton is hiding a severe illness which makes her incapable of holding office and which will soon cause her death (well, at least we might not have to worry about her serving two full terms!).
  • President Obama is easily the worst president in history, a Muslim terrorist sympathizer, the founder of ISIS, and likely wasn’t really born in the United States.
  • The Republican “establishment” is a bunch of impotent losers because they lost two elections to a media darling and can’t override vetoes without a super majority, but a guy who has never been truly leading a candidate like Hillary in the polls is a sure winner.
  • Conservative writers at the National Review and Weekly Standard along with Charles Krauthammer, George Will and Brit Hume are all out-of-touch wimps who can’t be trusted to tell us the truth, but Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Matt Drudge and Alex Jones would never lie to us for profit (expect for maybe that whole Alex Jones “9/11 Truther” thing, which we’ll sort of pretend didn’t happen).
  • When in doubt, Trump is always right, no matter what he has said in the past, even when it has directly contradicted his previous statement, and even if that happens on the same day, or in the same interview.
  • Deporting illegal immigrants and building a huge wall on our Mexican border is the most important thing we must do, unless Trump changes his mind.
  • There is nothing more significant (especially now that we’ve forgotten about that whole illegal immigration thing) than making sure that the person who picks the next Supreme Court justice is the same guy who was recently favors eminent domain and curtailing the First Amendment, and who picked Arsenio Hall and Piers Morgan as the “Celebrity Apprentice.”
  • The news media has never been more biased than they are against Trump, which is why they gave him two billion dollars in free advertising in the primaries and why he just hired the head of a major conservative “news” outlet to head his campaign while using Sean Hannity and Roger Ailes as advisors.
  • The background of a potential First Lady and her ability to properly represent the country no longer matters (that’s so 2008!).
  • Experience in public office no longer matters (that’s so 2008!).
  • Using a Teleprompter is good, unless it is bad (that’s so 2008!).
  • Flip-flopping means nothing (so 2004!).
  • Releasing your tax returns (even when you entire campaign is based on your wealth) means nothing.
  • Words mean nothing.
  • Having class or decency means nothing.
  • Limited government means nothing.
  • Fiscal responsibility means nothing.
  • Cozying up to Vladimir Putin is numerous bizarre ways means nothing.
  • Campaigning as an amazing manager of people but running a campaign that is in constant chaos and disarray means nothing.
  • Lying is a total disqualifier for Hillary, but when Trump lies it is simply part of the “Art of the Deal.”
  • Polls are either wrong or part of a massive nonsensical conspiracy, unless Trump is winning.
    Facts mean nothing (unless they are sanctified by Matt Drudge, in which case they are then gospel).
  • Stories from “mainstream” media sources are inherently wrong, even if all they are doing is reporting Trump’s actual words.
  • Hillary is the worst person who has ever lived and would be such a dangerous president that we must do everything possible to defeat her, except actually bother to consider electability when it comes to picking our nominee.
  • All Along I Thought Trump Wasn’t a Conservative/Republican, But Now I Realize I’m Not
All brought to you by 3 or more daily hours of Reich wing talk radio and those on FOX News that have taught the politically inept how to be ignorant--angry Reich wingers.

Tea-Party-agenda-GOP.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a great article that discuss's the demise of the party due to Right wing talk show hosts, and it explains in detail how it happened.

"I think the conservative media is the worst thing that has ever happened to the Republican Party on a national level," he said.

"Now, this is not Rush's fault, but if you look at the presidential elections before Rush Limbaugh became nationally syndicated, I believe Republicans won five out of six," he said. "After Rush Limbaugh became truly nationally syndicated ... if you start in 1996 and what I anticipate will happen in 2016, Republicans will have lost five of the seven presidential elections once he became syndicated."

Ziegler said that if there is no price to pay for Trump's most enthusiastic backers in the conservative press, then "it's over."

"The conservative establishment that needs to be gotten rid of is the conservative media establishment. Sean Hannity needs to go. Bill O'Reilly needs to go. Sadly, Rush Limbaugh needs to go," he said."

The entire article is here--it's a long one but very informative.
Donald Trump broke the conservative media

13625386_1434728513209781_4451244961255642043_n.jpg

I've been saying essentially the same thing for years. Talk radio hosts, probably motivated as much by ratings and money, engaged in ever more outrageous claims which resulted in ever more radicalized listeners.

GOP elected officials and candidates willingly flocked to the talk radio airwaves to get plenty of free airtime which was mostly favorable, if not fawning. And who could blame them? They believed that they could use the medium to their benefit because it worked time after time. But under pressure, these same elected officials made pledges (like the repeal of Obamacare) that they absolutely KNEW they could not make happen due to a lack of votes.

The almost predictable end result is that the ratings-hungry AM talk radio hosts started to turn on the very Republicans they once championed.

And now look where they are. Republicans helped to create the talk radio monster which is now devouring their political party.

At least half of whom are liberals looking for something new to be outraged about today.

I guess you're trying to be funny.

No I was being serious. But for DNC left-wing outrage of the day machines, I would not know what Rush or Glenn Beck or any of these right wing radio hosts are saying or even if they were still on the air somewhere. Their Q-Ratings are so low that the only way they can get enough listeners to keep a job is by antagonizing the left to the point that they listen in just to be offended. Democrats keep Rush on the air, not conservatives.

Forum List

Back