The IRA

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
"Martin McGuiness was not a terrorist.
"Applause"
Martin McGuiness was a freedom fighter." - Gerry Adams

How are the Provos viewed in the US today ?

He was Sinn Fein but he's viewed as a peacemaker for his role in negotiating the Good Friday Agreement

He was a good man, may he RIP

I'm torn on it, without them I doubt Ireland would be where it is today but many lives were lost. They certainly forced England to the negotiation table.

I have ancestors that were Sinn Fein and I support their efforts in a free Ireland, my hope is that one day a united Ireland will happen

As for terrorist or freedom fighters? One person's terrorist is another's freedom fighter, all depends which side you are on

I'm torn on it, without them I doubt Ireland would be where it is today but many lives were lost. They certainly forced England to the negotiation table.

I have ancestors that were Sinn Fein and I support their efforts in a free Ireland, my hope is that one day a united Ireland will happen

As for terrorist or freedom fighters? One person's terrorist is another's freedom fighter, all depends which side you are on
I am not far away from that view myself.

26 years of sectarian conflict in Northern Ireland (2236 dead). Do the math and put this in perspective with today's terror.

Forum List

Back