The Hurt Locker

Saw it over the weekend. Not bad.

Two things I didn't get. When they were fighting it out in the desert, why didn't they call in air support and have them blow the shit out of that shack and everyone in it?

And the car with the trunk full of explosives, why didn't they evacuate the buildings and again call in air support and have them blow it up? I can't believe they'd risk a life to save some structures.

Is this how we fight wars nowadays? No wonder it takes so damn long.

Saw it over the weekend. Not bad.

Two things I didn't get. When they were fighting it out in the desert, why didn't they call in air support and have them blow the shit out of that shack and everyone in it?

And the car with the trunk full of explosives, why didn't they evacuate the buildings and again call in air support and have them blow it up? I can't believe they'd risk a life to save some structures.

Is this how we fight wars nowadays? No wonder it takes so damn long.

I think they tried to call in air support in the sniper scene ... I only saw the flick once so I could be wrong.

They prefer to disarm the massive bomb and have a controlled explosion like what they were doing when Sanborn was debating killing the main guy. At least that's what they EOD guys did when I was over there. That amount of explosives would have destroyed everything in a pretty wide radius.

Forum List

Back