The horror: ‘Breaking the Silence’ releases women’s frightful testimoniesofoccupation

SherriMunnerlyn

VIP Member
Jun 11, 2012
The horror: ‘Breaking the Silence’ releases women’s frightful testimonies of Occupation. " Do you know what it means to serve in the occupied Palestinian territories?" With these words, the Israeli organization Breaking the Silence has released stunning new testimonies*from former soldiers, six Israeli women. Very upsetting and raw brutalization and debasement. Who will not weep when they hear these women's stories of degradation? The Israeli society has lost its soul, and these brave witnesses are open about the damage, so as to try and save Israel and Palestine-- the politics are irrelevant to this work.

Breaking The Silence are former IDF soldiers who speak out about their experiences in the IDF. As far as I know, this is the first release of stories all from women Israeli soldiers. Its fascinating, to hear their stories. Sherri

Link to site. OP permitted to post 3 videos from the site pursuant to the Spam rule.
Breaking the Silence Israeli soldiers talk about the occupied territories

Last edited by a moderator:
The horror: ‘Breaking the Silence’ releases women’s frightful testimonies of Occupation. " Do you know what it means to serve in the occupied Palestinian territories?"*With these words, Breaking the Silence has released*stunning new testimonies*from former soldiers, six Israeli women. Very upsetting. Raw brutalization and debasement. Who cannot weep when they hear these women's stories of degradation? This society has lost its soul, and these brave witnesses are open about the damage, so as to try and save Israel and Palestine-- the politics are irrelevant to this work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbx0aUsQSJ8&feature=youtube_gdata_player. http://mondoweiss.net/2013/06/frigh...nion/Op-Ed-Contributors/Breaking-what-silence

Flak jackets with Death to Arabs written on them

Last edited by a moderator:
"Here is the BTS press release on the campaign, followed by several videos:These testimonies seek to tell the Israeli public and international community what it means to be a woman serving in the territories. In order to prove oneself as a woman soldier, one needs to be ‘more manly than a man.’ Often, for female soldiers to become ‘one of the guys,’ it means that they must use violence and show force in their everyday tasks. The testimonies paint a difficult picture, whereby whoever isn’t willing to be violent and abusive finds herself socially ostracized. As female soldiers in the OPT, we also had to beat, detain, humiliate and intimidate Palestinians. We weren’t supposed to tell our families and friends what we did and what it means to serve in the territories." WATCH: Former female Israeli soldiers break their silence | +972 Magazine

"June 2013. This mean 46 years of occupation in the Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPT).*46 years in which we (male and female soldiers) are controlling the life of the Palestinian population in the occupied territories, through a routine of violence.In the upcoming week we will publish 46 new video testimonies of female soldiers.These testimonies seek to tell the Israeli public and international community what it means to be a woman serving in the territories. In order to prove oneself as a woman soldier, one needsoto be “more manly than a man”. Often, for female soldiers to become “one of the guys,” it means that they must use violence and show force in their everyday tasks. The testimonies paint a difficult picture, whereby whoever isn’t willing to be violent and abusive finds herself socially ostracized. As female soldiers in the OPT, we also had to beat, detain, humiliate and intimidate Palestinians. We weren’t supposed to tell our families and friends what we did and what it means to serve in the territories.As women, exposing our identities through these testimonies is especially complex and difficult. We have less legitimacy to talk about what is happening in the OPT and our involvement in implementing the occupation." *https://m.facebook.com/BreakingTheS...12409.69297.163056727049912&__user=1537327739

I recommend anyone preparing to watch these videos to go and get a box of kleenexes and have it there beside you as you watch those videos. The Facebook page says 46 videos are being released this week, I posted 5.

Last edited:
Another disgruntled soldier as well as the ones in the other videos. Probably the worst soldiers in their Company. These kind of accusations go on in every army in the world.

tom glen, ronald ridenhour, hugh thompson.

http://www.usna.edu/Ethics/publications/documents/ThompsonPg1-28_Final.pdf

and many times those accusations are true.

Another disgruntled soldier as well as the ones in the other videos. Probably the worst soldiers in their Company. These kind of accusations go on in every army in the world.

i have been with hundreds of "disgruntled soldiers" to the max and none of them made false accusations of this nature. actually, most of them keep quiet. why do you think the group is called "breaking the silence."

Well, I have been unable to access the Breaking The Silence website since last night. I expect there is an attempt being made to supress these videos. I notice 972 Magazine, they do not even provide a link to the Breaking The Silence website in their article today. There are supposed to be 46 testimony videos.

i have been with hundreds of "disgruntled soldiers" to the max and none of them made false accusations of this nature. actually, most of them keep quiet. why do you think the group is called "breaking the silence."

Because it makes for a catchy sound-bite. Because they'd like to pretend they're 'being silenced' and all..........

Well, I have been unable to access the Breaking The Silence website since last night. I expect there is an attempt being made to supress these videos. I notice 972 Magazine, they do not even provide a link to the Breaking The Silence website in their article today. There are supposed to be 46 testimony videos.

Gee, it couldn't possibly be anything so pedestrian as they didn't pay their bill, could it?

Well we do know, Seal, that there are many Leftists in Israel who wouldn't hesitate for a moment to say something against the State or the Armed Forces -- just like there are many Leftists around the world who are pushing this boycott movement while ignoning the terrible things happening in Muslim countries. So tell us -- how come the Pakistani Army doesn't speak up about what is happening to the minorities in Pakistan (or will they be killed)? The government there seems to have no problem allowing what is happening to these minorities. However, it is great to see that the Arab propaganda machine is still busy on these forums. God forbid we should see anything from them (articles or videos) about all the innocent people elsewhere who have been affected by Muslim violence.

Well we do know, Seal, that there are many Leftists in Israel who wouldn't hesitate for a moment to say something against the State or the Armed Forces -- just like there are many Leftists around the world who are pushing this boycott movement while ignoning the terrible things happening in Muslim countries. So tell us -- how come the Pakistani Army doesn't speak up about what is happening to the minorities in Pakistan (or will they be killed)? The government there seems to have no problem allowing what is happening to these minorities. However, it is great to see that the Arab propaganda machine is still busy on these forums. God forbid we should see anything from them (articles or videos) about all the innocent people elsewhere who have been affected by Muslim violence.

i didn't know pakistani muslims were soldiers in the IDF and part of the arab propaganda machine.

i didn't know pakistani muslims were soldiers in the IDF and part of the arab propaganda machine.

You learn something new everyday .....

This is what is called "lying with facts."

Fact: this testimony points a negative picture of the IDF.

Lie: this testimony is illustrative of the IDF's overall approach to the difficult task of maintaining Israel's security.

Why, Seal, we have seen how good the Arab propaganda machine is with regard to Israel, so one would think that there would be some Muslim propaganda machine showing us how nicely they treat the minorities in their different countries.

Forum List

Back