The Holy Bible contains not any contradictions!

Do you claim God can make mistakes?

I don't know. If there is an all knowing God, he would know the outcome of everything, so a mistake doesn't seem possible, yet there are contradictions in the Bible.

The Canon of the Holy Bible has been approved by God.
You are free either to follow it or to start rebellion against God

OK, but that isn't really an answer to my question, is it? Do you believe there are contradictions in the Bible?

No, I don't believe there are any contradictions in the Holy Bible.

OK. Lets start with some easy ones.
Explain
“… with God all things are possible.” — Matthew 19:26

“…The LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.” — Judges 1:19

Read here:

Is God omnipotent (all-powerful)?

Whether the OP is a Christian or not doesn't matter, does it? Will you acknowledge the contradictions in the Bible? It's a subject worth discussing.

I don't know. If there is an all knowing God, he would know the outcome of everything, so a mistake doesn't seem possible, yet there are contradictions in the Bible.

OK, but that isn't really an answer to my question, is it? Do you believe there are contradictions in the Bible?

While you are at it, here are a few more contradictions for you to consider.

Paul's Contradictions of Jesus
• Jesus Says Not To Eat Meat Sacrificed to Idols, But Paul Says It Is Ok.

• Jesus Says The Law Continues, But Paul Says No.

• Paul Says The Pharisees Followed The Law Rigorously, But Jesus Says They Were Lax About The Law.

• Jesus Says Salvation Initiates And Continues By Repentance From Sin and Obedience Besides Faith; Paul Says This is Heresy.

• Jesus Tells Apostles To Teach His Commands Given Prior to His Ascension While In The Flesh, But Paul Says Not To Do So.

• Paul Says Elders Are Entitled To Pay for 'Preaching & Teaching,' But Jesus Says No.

• Jesus Teaches There Are Only 12 Apostles Into Eternity, But Paul Adds Himself To The List As a Thirteenth.

• Paul Exhorts Celibacy, But Jesus Clearly Says It is A Choice Not Within Everyone's Power.

• Jesus Says There Is One Pastor and Teacher (Himself), But Paul Says There Are Many Pastors and Teachers.

• Paul Says The Pharisees Followed The Law Rigorously, But Jesus Says They Were Lax About The Law.

• Jesus Says Salvation Initiates And Continues By Repentance From Sin and Obedience Besides Faith; Paul Says This is Heresy.

• Jesus Tells Apostles To Teach His Commands Given Prior to His Ascension While In The Flesh, But Paul Says Not To Do So.

• Paul Says Elders Are Entitled To Pay for 'Preaching & Teaching,' But Jesus Says No.

• Jesus Teaches There Are Only 12 Apostles Into Eternity, But Paul Adds Himself To The List As a Thirteenth.

• Paul Exhorts Celibacy, But Jesus Clearly Says It is A Choice Not Within Everyone's Power.

• Jesus Says There Is One Pastor and Teacher (Himself), But Paul Says There Are Many Pastors and Teachers.

There are lot of webpages who are laughing about your imaginable 'contradictions', just google

It is the Absolutely Truth of God.
Lying hippi-dippie-atheists-commies-faggots-satanists misuse trust of folks who do not read this Holy Book and lie to them
Better read the Holy Bible by yourself and go to a born-again Priest from independent church asking for clarification.
Ironically, of the thousands of Bible fragments we have from the early Christian period, no two agree 100%. While most are minor typos introduced by scribes, some differences are deliberate, major theological additions, deletions, or alterations.

This poster is a fake. She doesn't believe in the bible. She is not a christian. She is sowing discord among the religious idiots inciting them to fight against rational americans as if they were a foreign enemy more despised and more of a threat to national security than the russians who have the president and the entire republican party in their back pocket.....

The elections are coming! The elections are coming!

Whether the OP is a Christian or not doesn't matter, does it? Will you acknowledge the contradictions in the Bible? It's a subject worth discussing.

God doesn't make mistakes. Humans do.

God may have spoken to men and Inspired the scriptures, but humans recorded them.

You need to stop making the Bible an idol and realize that God doesn't need humans to record everything perfectly to accomplish His work. He can make corrections and speak for Himself

How do you know that? Because God told you (or men did if there is no God). Maybe he was mistaken? Face it,everything you know about God comes from God and generally contradicts what we see with our own eyes. God is loving yet created a world awash with hate, God is just yet created a world where MLK is assassinated and Stalin dies in his bed. God gives us free will yet hides from us and created Satan to deceive us.

People generally attack the Bible through contradictions in order to disprove God. However, we see that they continue to believe evolution no matter how many contradictions one finds and are able to disprove. They have been told the lies of fake science so many times that you cannot dissuade them.

A lot of that is from the Hebrews against Paul who thought that he betrayed them.

"Take Up Your Cross and Follow Jesus
Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul? 27 For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done. 28 Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.” Matthew 16:24-28

Lying hippi-dippie-atheists-commies-faggots-satanists misuse trust of folks who do not read this Holy Book and lie to them
Better read the Holy Bible by yourself and go to a born-again Priest from independent church asking for clarification.

the-bible-is-the-absolute-truth-of-god.jpg
Laws of Rape (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NAB)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

Sweet!

Shotgun wedding before shotguns!

well....

and why would I NOT listen to a moron giving us his idiotic religious opinions?

How do you know that? Because God told you (or men did if there is no God). Maybe he was mistaken? Face it,everything you know about God comes from God and generally contradicts what we see with our own eyes. God is loving yet created a world awash with hate, God is just yet created a world where MLK is assassinated and Stalin dies in his bed. God gives us free will yet hides from us and created Satan to deceive us.
God created a world that is good. That was His contribution. Isn't it humans who are conveying hate? How many good humans have not been assassination? Any? Do you imagine that is all God's doing? Or, have good people created an environment where most good people are not assassinated? So good, that even bad people are not often assassinated?

well....

and why would I NOT listen to a moron giving us his idiotic religious opinions?

God is "idiotic"? What qualifies you to be smarter than God, dumbass?

Dunning-Kruger effect, maybe?

Hah! Christian Baron..a Russian, is schooling you leftist progstains!

I fall on the side of God in this situation.

God didnt create us in our fallen state. He has, however, atoned for our sins to bring us back to the original paradisical glory

God created a world that is good. That was His contribution. Isn't it humans who are conveying hate? How many good humans have not been assassination? Any? Do you imagine that is all God's doing? Or, have good people created an environment where most good people are not assassinated? So good, that even bad people are not often assassinated?
Why do you say "God created a world that is good" when there is both good and bad in it? What are you comparing it too? Did God's plan really have to include earthquakes, disease, and birth defects?

Millions of good people have been killed in pogroms, holocausts, genocides, and collateral damage in war (carpet bombings, etc.). God knew this would be the norm in this world, was he unable to create a world without such events?

God knew this would be the norm in this world, was he unable to create a world without such events?
What would we learn from such a world? Is the perfect existence one where humanity is (figuratively) wrapped in cotton batting and set out of reach to avoid all risk of injury or emotional trauma? It is interesting that some (not speaking of you) say heaven in its perfection sounds too boring an existence in which to spend for an eternity.

Have you ever done any camping, picnicking, or traveling and said, "This looks like a good place to have a picnic, to camp, or to stay overnight"? And most often, they are good--not perfect--but good. I see human existence on earth in that light.

God knew this would be the norm in this world, was he unable to create a world without such events?
What would we learn from such a world? Is the perfect existence one where humanity is (figuratively) wrapped in cotton batting and set out of reach to avoid all risk of injury or emotional trauma? It is interesting that some (not speaking of you) say heaven in its perfection sounds too boring an existence in which to spend for an eternity.

Have you ever done any camping, picnicking, or traveling and said, "This looks like a good place to have a picnic, to camp, or to stay overnight"? And most often, they are good--not perfect--but good. I see human existence on earth in that light.
Why did God create this world? I've been told we're being judged in this life for the next, I never heard we're here to actually learn anything. If I'm right about the judging, why are there miscarriages or childhood diseases. They would seem to teach nothing to the baby and only the randomness of the universe to the parents.

The process of human witnessing is about how to obtain the best from human hands. It's the same in court cases, you don't demand a witness to be precise on which second of day a crime occurred. It's actually on the opposite, if 100% of the witnesses can point out the time of a occurrence with a precision down to seconds or milliseconds, it can almost be certain that false testimonies are involved!

That being said. There's no theological contradictions in the Bible. As for scribe mistakes, they are correctable, or even they exist they won't affect the validity of testimonies nor the theology involved. As long as it's already the best humans capable of (you need to compare with other human documents such as history books written more than 2000 years ago), it stands valid human witnessing.

Why did God create this world? I've been told we're being judged in this life for the next, I never heard we're here to actually learn anything. If I'm right about the judging, why are there miscarriages or childhood diseases. They would seem to teach nothing to the baby and only the randomness of the universe to the parents.
The Baltimore Catechism said it well: God made us to know Him, love Him, serve Him, and to be happy with Him now and forever.

Author, Richard Bach, feels we are here to learn and to have fun.

I recently heard another hypothesis: This world is part of our birthing process.

I learned that much of the judging process is intended to show our own choices of how we want to spend eternity. Note, children are not the only age group to suffer greatly from disease. Some seniors suffer greatly while they yearn to pass on to what comes next.

The process of human witnessing is about how to obtain the best from human hands. It's the same in court cases, you don't demand a witness to be precise on which second of day a crime occurred. It's actually on the opposite, if 100% of the witnesses can point out the time of a occurrence with a precision down to seconds or milliseconds, it can almost be certain that false testimonies are involved!

That being said. There's no theological contradictions in the Bible. As for scribe mistakes, they are correctable, or even they exist they won't affect the validity of testimonies nor the theology involved. As long as it's already the best humans capable of (you need to compare with other human documents such as history books written more than 2000 years ago), it stands valid human witnessing.
The basic theology certainly seem to have changed from the OT to the NT

Forum List

Back