The Hobbit: The Battle of 5 Armies

I am so glad I didn't see any of the Hobbit movies at actual theater prices.....they were all bad.......just too much....the 5 Armies...don't waste your time...

I hate to agree with 2aguy on anything- but as a fan of The Hobbit- he is right

I am so glad I didn't see any of the Hobbit movies at actual theater prices.....they were all bad.......just too much....the 5 Armies...don't waste your time...

Welcome to the dark side..........now...."Capitalism is good......Capitalism is good........the Right to keep and Bear arms is an individual right....." Keep repeating those and you will be okay....

Welcome to the dark side..........now...."Capitalism is good......Capitalism is good........the Right to keep and Bear arms is an individual right....." Keep repeating those and you will be okay....
Nice try, anyway

I've seen few movies, even documentaries, hold completely true to the books they were taken from.

Even with JK Rowling overseeing the movies, they weren't completely true to the books.

(Something my 10 and 12 year old grandsons pointed out.)
Lawrence of Arabia and Deliverance are two that spring to mind as following the book fairly comprehensively. The Outlaw Josey Wales is another.

I've seen few movies, even documentaries, hold completely true to the books they were taken from.

Even with JK Rowling overseeing the movies, they weren't completely true to the books.

Lawrence of Arabia and Deliverance are two that spring to mind as following the book fairly comprehensively. The Outlaw Josey Wales is another.

That is the one thing some directors don't get.....they need to change a book only so much as it takes to make it translate to the screen.....any other change is dumb....it is no longer that book then.

I really get scared when I hear a director say it is his "vision" of the book....that means he didn't care what the book was actually expressing from the guy who wrote it.....

Never read the books, so I'll take your word for it.

all the same, Lord of the Rings, and the Hobbit were fairly close to the books, as were the Potter series.

Exact, no.

But close

Never read the books, so I'll take your word for it.

all the same, Lord of the Rings, and the Hobbit were fairly close to the books, as were the Potter series.

Exact, no.

But close

There was so much extra junk in the Hobbit that wasn't in the books......it made it unwatchable.....it became...hey....let's throw in familiar characters so people will come in to see them again.....

LOTRs and the 2 Hobbit movies, I loved. I can watch them over and over and over again. Battle of 5 Armies sucked but I'll still watch it anyway.

I thought the Potter movies were better than the books. The first one anyway, I could actually watch that movie whereas I couldn't finish three pages of the book before it got the ol' heave ho.

Little Big Man and The Witches of Eastwick are more examples of movies holding closely to the book.

Little Big Man is my fav movie of all time, actually.

I won't watch any Stephen King movies. They all suck. Well, except Shawshank Redemption. That one was true to the short story. Never read Green Mile, so no clue if that was true to the book, either.

I saw the first Hobbit in the theaters. Literally worst movie I've seen in a movie theater. I even made a thread about how bad it was after I watched it.
Lots of ignorant movie goes in the world.
Let me guess the fast and furious movies give you major wood.

I never bothered watching Fast And Furious. I loved interstellar, Imitaion Game and Mad Max Fury Road.

Only one of those movies I've seen is Fury Road.

I thought it sucked

Yeah...Fury Road Sucked....

I thought the costumes and special effects were awesome, but in any case it wasn't as good Imitation Game or Interstellar. Interstellar was the best movie I've seen in a very long time.

Little Big Man is my fav movie of all time, actually.

I won't watch any Stephen King movies. They all suck. Well, except Shawshank Redemption. That one was true to the short story. Never read Green Mile, so no clue if that was true to the book, either.

I love prison movies written by lefties like King...the violent, sociopaths in the cells are the good guys, while the guys keeping them from murdering people in the outside world are the monsters.....typical of a lefty....

So in other words, you've never actually seen a prison movie by King.

I pity some of the hardcore political freaks here, who can't look at anything without then immediately deciding how it will help them hate people. That's a sad way to live.

So in other words, you've never actually seen a prison movie by King.

I pity some of the hardcore political freaks here, who can't look at anything without then immediately deciding how it will help them hate people. That's a sad way to live.

You think that the Shawshank Redemption was a good movie, right? And that stupid line that he had to go to prison to learn how to be a criminal......? All the good guys in there and the warden and the guards were the bad guys........

Then the "longest Yard," both versions, Burt Reynolds and Adam Sandler....the guards are the bad guys and the inmates are the good guys....

A relative had a law enforcement class.....the assistant warden of Joliet Prison came in to give them a lecture on the Illinois correctional system. He told them at one point that when he was in college he wrote one of his papers on the death penalty and how it was wrong and should be stopped. He then entered the Corrections field of law enforcement...and after a year of dealing with the monsters we have locked up.....he said he changed his mind and decided that we not only needed the death penalty but that it should be 2 gurneys, no waiting.........

the award for the most ignorant movie review goes too.

You thought they were good?
no thinking needed they were great the did justice to the books.

Really? Where is there a Battle of Five Armies in any of the books? I've read them all. Not even the Silmarillion had a battle of five armies.

the award for the most ignorant movie review goes too.

You thought they were good?
no thinking needed they were great the did justice to the books.

Really? Where is there a Battle of Five Armies in any of the books? I've read them all. Not even the Silmarillion had a battle of five armies.

End of the Hobbit.....I only counted the elves, dwarves and men vs. the orcs.....some people include the Eagles...

The first movie was good enough that I watched the second one, which was so bad I haven't even bothered to watch the last one.
I truly felt ripped off. The second movie, exactly like Hunter Games II, was obviously a "filler" film made to just make money. It was unnecessary to tell the story, and maybe half of the second film was in the book. The rest was made up to sell tickets.

Forum List

Back