The Hobbit: The Battle of 5 Armies

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I am so glad I didn't see any of the Hobbit movies at actual theater prices.....they were all bad.......just too much....the 5 Armies...don't waste your time...

I am so glad I didn't see any of the Hobbit movies at actual theater prices.....they were all bad.......just too much....the 5 Armies...don't waste your time...
the award for the most ignorant movie review goes too.

You thought they were good?
no thinking needed they were great the did justice to the books.

Really....I loved the part where Legolas showed up in the hobbit...and Elrond went all kung fu...I must have missed that in the hobbit.........and where the orcs were stalking Thorin around middle earth...must have missed that too......

I thought it interesting a former Dr Who played Radagast.

and I enjoyed all the movies.

Special effects were above par.

I saw the first Hobbit in the theaters. Literally the worst movie I've seen in a movie theater. I even made a thread about how bad it was after I watched it.

I saw the first Hobbit in the theaters. Literally worst movie I've seen in a movie theater. I even made a thread about how bad it was after I watched it.
Lots of ignorant movie goes in the world.
Let me guess the fast and furious movies give you major wood.

Really....I loved the part where Legolas showed up in the hobbit...and Elrond went all kung fu...I must have missed that in the hobbit.........and where the orcs were stalking Thorin around middle earth...must have missed that too......
Never read the books either.

Never read the books either.

Read the Hobbit multiple times............Elrond was in there in Rivendell.....and Thorin was not being stalked by orcs.....

I saw the first Hobbit in the theaters. Literally worst movie I've seen in a movie theater. I even made a thread about how bad it was after I watched it.

I never bothered watching Fast And Furious. I loved interstellar, Imitaion Game and Mad Max Fury Road.

If all you like are special effects surrounding a weakened story from the books, sure, you would like The Hobbit. If you like a great story with special effects to make the story real....then you will hate this movie...

Really, all of Tolkien's writing was a bit ludicrous, though I've read The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit many times.

I mean Hobbits as English country gentlemen and Orcs as English working class, could there be anything more contrived?

Let alone the arid wastes of his tedious linguistic witterings interspersed by the odd vivid piece of writing, like oases in the Sahara.

Oh, haven't seen any of the movies bar the odd Youtube clip.

If all you like are special effects surrounding a weakened story from the books, sure, you would like The Hobbit. If you like a great story with special effects to make the story real....then you will hate this movie...

I've seen few movies, even documentaries, hold completely true to the books they were taken from.

Even with JK Rowling overseeing the movies, they weren't completely true to the books.

(Something my 10 and 12 year old grandsons pointed out.)

I never bothered watching Fast And Furious. I loved interstellar, Imitaion Game and Mad Max Fury Road.

Only one of those movies I've seen is Fury Road.

I thought it sucked

I've seen few movies, even documentaries, hold completely true to the books they were taken from.

Even with JK Rowling overseeing the movies, they weren't completely true to the books.

(Something my 10 and 12 year old grandsons pointed out.)

We aren't talking trying to make a movie...we are talking Jackson wanting to make 3, 3 hour movies out of a book that would have made one 2 1/2 to 3 hour movie....at best.........and then he couldn't keep his inner 3 year old in check with some of the sequences.....like the snot and the trolls in the first movie....

Only one of those movies I've seen is Fury Road.

I thought it sucked

Yeah...Fury Road Sucked....

They must've been pretty shitty books

and this is why the movies sucked......they discourage people from actually reading the books..though the Hobbit is a young persons book...

Forum List

Back