The Hill says Texas cannot declare an “invasion” at its border

If Congress would get off it’s increasingly useless collective ass and do it’s job in regards to immigration and border security there would be no reason for any state to have to declare anything.

The laws state someone has a right to apply for asylum in the US.

Sounds like Texas is declaring all those crossing illegally under removal proceedings.
It's honestly unbelievable anyone would try and defend the right for 1000's illegally crossing the boarder many aided by the cartels.
As for Abbott this is nothing more than another political stunt like the 3 busses of illegals to DC or wherever. Neither side is willing to do anything to solve illegal immigration. At this point we should be thankful the majority of illegals do assimilate.

It is Republicans who have been blocking immigration reform. A attempt to reform immigration by the gang of eight was stopped by Republicans. Unfortunately the filibuster prevents reform from happening.

So many people are now talking about this. Here, certainly, but also mention of a possible Hillary re-run in news articles, a steady drip. The Dems just don't have a deep bench! Apart from the hopeless Biden and Harris, who have they got? Gavin Newsom is clearly running, and what a bad start he just made. And the rest ---- something very wrong with them, for the most part, a fake Mexican who is actually Irish, another who is openly homosexual --- they really just don't have anyone plausible to run.

So it has to be Hillary.

They have numerous people who can run and win. Whitmer, the Michigan governor, will likely cruise to re-election now that Republicans have imploded. The governor of Kansas would be another possibility.

The invasion of Texas is confirmed to be "real" by Texas Judge

SEE: Texas counties declare ‘invasion’ during border crisis: ‘We’re being invaded’

"We’re being invaded. The facts are there,” said Kinney County Judge Tully Shahan at a press conference in Brackettville, Texas. “This is real. We want America to know this is real. America doesn’t know what’s happening here.”

And the Biden Administration is not only encouraging the invasion, but also giving assistance to the invaders and bussing them into the interior of our country, which is a prosecutable offense: 8 U.S. Code § 1324 - Bringing in and harboring certain aliens

JWK

I never thought I would live to see the day when American Citizens would stand idle and allow the United States to be invaded by millions of foreign nationals without a shot being fired.

Another crazy right wing judge. He is the one who is attacking this country. He is a treasonous pig.

The American People have your back Gov. Abbott... time to defend against the invasion

I think Governor Abbott has finally come to the conclusion that a vast majority of the American people are behind him on this issue and would not hesitate to defend him if push comes to shove. This situation is nothing like Governor George Wallace Attempting to Block Integration at the University of Alabama:

This is about the citizens of Texas, regardless of their color, suffering the devastating consequences of the Biden Administration filling Texas with millions of other country’s poverty stricken, poorly educated, low skilled, diseased, disabled, and criminal populations when Texas has a housing shortage, and trouble caring for our own needy citizens.

The Democrat Party Leadership’s open border policy is destructive to the general welfare of the State of Texas and her citizens, not to mention how it is also destructive to the citizens all those other cities and towns where the Biden Administration is shipping these invaders in the dead of night.

I am absolutely sure the American People will have Governor Abbott’s back if the current Administration decides to do something stupid.

JWK

The Democrat Party Leadership has been angry, stupid and obnoxious ever since the Republican Party Leadership freed democrat owned slaves and put the KKK out of business. ___ Author unknown

The KKK has left the Democrat Party and joined the Republicans. The Republicans are the party of the KKK.

Abbott is a treasonous fascist who should be arrested and tried for treason.

Every other nation in the world is allowed to have policies to serve their interests of their citizens. But not US.

Thanks to the way that the left has become anti-American, you are more concerned with the interests of the illegal immigrants, than your fellow Americans.

That is the break down of our system, and teh decline of our culture. We ARE being invaded, and you are on teh side of the invaders.

The right wing fascists in the Republican Party are anti-America.

Jonathan Turley is wrong on this one!​

Johathan Turley was just on FoxNews and asserted Texas does not have a case regarding the invasion at their border. His argument was the word “invasion” as it appears in the Constitution, is not that which is taking place at the Texas border.

What Turley overlooks is the full wording of the provision in question, Article 1, Section 10:

“No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.”

“or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay”.​

That wording was intended to cover such emergencies as is now occurring at the Texas border. I think Turley simply made a mistake in focusing only on the word “invasion”.

I personally like Turley . . . no disrespect intended on my part!

Fox News needs to address this discrepancy.

JWK

What makes a Supreme Court opinion legitimate is when it is in harmony with the text of our Constitution and its documented legislative intent which gives context to its text.

This is one time that Turley is telling the truth. There are no armed soldiers or even people trying to take over any government. There is no imminent danger.

You won't even pay for that. Health care, food, etc. People come up with all of these solutions they know will not happen to cover for the ones they know should happen but also will not.
You say you're not a liberal or Democrat.

Are you a RINO?

The KKK has left the Democrat Party and joined the Republicans. The Republicans are the party of the KKK.

Abbott is a treasonous fascist who should be arrested and tried for treason.

Yo! Isn't that Joe Biden alongside Robert Byrd a former member of the KKK?

1657977476276.png

JWK

The Democrat Party Leadership has been angry, stupid and obnoxious ever since the Republican Party Leadership freed democrat owned slaves and put the KKK out of business. ___ Author unknown

They have numerous people who can run and win. Whitmer, the Michigan governor, will likely cruise to re-election now that Republicans have imploded. The governor of Kansas would be another possibility.
Huh. You are under the impression that we have "imploded"? I am thinking we're on a wild upsurge. I don't think that rotten, evil Whitmer has any chance at the presidency.

Report: Biden Administration Considering Pulling Health Care from Veterans to Treat Illegal Aliens

"(Richard Moorhead) Did you, or a family member, serve your country with the expectation of receiving the health care benefits you were promised?

Sorry, illegal aliens apparently come first in President Joe Biden’s America."

The Democrat Party Leadership drops the citizenship requirement for public housing vouchers so America’s vets must now compete with illegal aliens for scare public housing, and now the Democrat Party Leadership is considering diverting and spending public monies for the healthcare needs of illegal entrants while our vets must shoulder the cost.

JWK

What will it take for American Citizens to accept the fact that their homeland is under attack orchestrated by the Democrat Party Leadership?

Yo! Isn't that Joe Biden alongside Robert Byrd a former member of the KKK?

View attachment 670872

JWK

Strom Thurmond was a Dixiecrat who turned Republican. They both renounced their racist past.

Huh. You are under the impression that we have "imploded"? I am thinking we're on a wild upsurge. I don't think that rotten, evil Whitmer has any chance at the presidency.

Michigan Republicans have imploded. Half of their field is gone and the leader is someone who has been arrested for participating in the Jan 6 attack on the capitol.Whitmert is not rotten or evil. You are the one who is a fascist and represents evil.

Michigan Republicans have imploded. Half of their field is gone and the leader is someone who has been arrested for participating in the Jan 6 attack on the capitol.Whitmert is not rotten or evil. You are the one who is a fascist and represents evil.
There you go. I'm Evilene!

Forum List

Back