JAG

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2015
The video - about 1 minute

The word for word text of the video:

The Gospel In A Nutshell:
"2 Cor. 5:21 He made Him who knew no sin, to be sin for us,
that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him. Let
me unpack those 15 Greek words: He God made Jesus sin.
What do you mean He made Jesus sin? Only in one sense:
He treated Him as if He had committed every sin ever
committed by every person who would believe though in fact
Jesus committed none of them. Hanging on The Cross he was
Holy, Harmless, and Undefiled.

Hanging on The Cross He was the Spotless Lamb, He was never
a split second a sinner. He was Holy God on The Cross, but God
is treating Him -I'll put it more practically, as if He had lived my life.
God punished Jesus for my sin, turns right around and treats me
as if I had lived His life. That's the great doctrine of Substitution and
on that doctrine turned the whole reformation of the Christian Church,
that is the heart of the gospel and what you get is complete forgiveness
covered by the righteousness of Jesus Christ. When God looks at The
Cross He sees you and when He looks at you He sees Christ."
__John MacArthur

JAG

[]

Thoughts?

`

I've been a Christian for many years and the 'gospel' is still a mystery to me.

Thoughts?
I wish I can remember the source, but I do remember it saying that not once in the New Testament is God presented at being at odds with mankind--only mankind being at odds with God.

Jesus was a man who was constantly referring to himself as, "The Son of Man." As Paul notes, mankind has been sinful since Adam. Adam disobeyed God and this disobedience was introduced into our nature. How do we get out from under? Enter Jesus who taught us, Repentance for the forgiveness of sin. Turn from disobedience to obedience. Discern the will of God and follow it.

Jesus never gave up on this mission in how mankind can reconcile and achieve our at-one-ment (atonement) with God. Turn from sin to God. Some of the men of his own time fought against this message (disobedience/sin towards God) fighting against the one who was obediently doing the task for which the Father anointed him.

Jesus was killed because he was spreading the Good News of The Way mankind could be reconciled and at one with God. Turn from sin; be obedient to God. Without a doubt, Jesus came because of the sin of mankind; had their been no sin, the remedy (repentance) would not have needed to be proclaimed. The rehabilitation (obedience) would never have been needed to be taught.

Jesus taking on the sins of mankind does not mean that the Father needed him to be punished for individual sins. The picture is much larger. The sins of mankind keeps us apart from God; Jesus took on the task of shepherding in the cure...remedy...reconciliation of mankind with God, person by person. Jesus was being prevented from bringing this Good News to the world. Jesus (I think rather glumly) noted that a seed must die before it can grow and spread with abundance. And, if needed, he would lay down his life that this might be accomplished.

All those putting in the effort to turn away from sins; all those discerning the will of God in their own life and following it honor Christ and his sacrifice--the sacrifice made for all of us--and for that matter--all types of sin.

With the memory of the Cross before us, what sin can we turn from today; what act of obedience can we tackle in its stead? The grace of God is always present with His strong hand. (You might not even be aware of His help, as He is a pro at not letting His left hand know what His right hand is doing. But sometimes He leaves behind a fingerprint or two. :) )

The video - about 1 minute

The word for word text of the video:

The Gospel In A Nutshell:
"2 Cor. 5:21 He made Him who knew no sin, to be sin for us,
that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him. Let
me unpack those 15 Greek words: He God made Jesus sin.
What do you mean He made Jesus sin? Only in one sense:
He treated Him as if He had committed every sin ever
committed by every person who would believe though in fact
Jesus committed none of them. Hanging on The Cross he was
Holy, Harmless, and Undefiled.

Hanging on The Cross He was the Spotless Lamb, He was never
a split second a sinner. He was Holy God on The Cross, but God
is treating Him -I'll put it more practically, as if He had lived my life.
God punished Jesus for my sin, turns right around and treats me
as if I had lived His life. That's the great doctrine of Substitution and
on that doctrine turned the whole reformation of the Christian Church,
that is the heart of the gospel and what you get is complete forgiveness
covered by the righteousness of Jesus Christ. When God looks at The
Cross He sees you and when He looks at you He sees Christ."
__John MacArthur

JAG

[]

Thoughts?

`

The Father God did not punish Jesus. Jesus freely took upon him the sins of the world of those who would repent and bow confessing He is the Christ. Jesus chose to be the great Sacrifice. And no, you did not live His life. You lived your life, repented and the atonement washed away your sins as long as you endure to the end repenting every day for the new sins that pop up. The Grace was never explained fully in the Gospel. It's always someone's opinion. The Gift in my opinion is two fold.
1. Our spirits came here from heaven placed in our earthly bodies because we sustained the Father's Plan while still in heaven waiting to come down. Grace or "Gift" is that we will not be left in the grave and therefore resurrected. Not necessarily into Heaven either. Maybe in Perdition with Lucifer for all time and all eternity, forever with those who came down but never receive an earthly body because they rejected Father's plan. They were a third of the host of heaven who were thrust down as devil spirits to torment and tempt mankind to do evil. Those who eventually bow their knees and confess Jesus is the Christ, even at the judgment seat of God will be assigned to specific mansion or glory worlds in heaven, Celestial, Terrestrial and Telestial (1Cor. chapter 15). Celestial being Exaltation and the 3rd Heaven Paul saw.
2. We are saved after all we can do with regards to the steps of Salvation and Exaltation. Faith in Jesus Christ, Repentance, Baptism, Confirmed a member of His Church, Receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands by those with authority to do so, partake of the Sacrament for remembrance of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and to renew our baptismal covenants and to continue to repent always making restitution when we can to the best of our abilities.

Forum List

Back