CDZ The growing peril of war with China over Taiwan

I keep forgetting, was it Reagan or Nixon who opened up trade with China. In hindsight, we should have accelerated trade agreements and incentives with all the nations of the Americas. Building super-transportation networks here at home and throughout the Americas. Let Europe do the same in Africa.
We have super-transportation networks. They are called airlines.

What would Thomas Paine thing about the plight of the Taiwanese and the hands of the Red Communist Chinese Brutal Authoritarian Despots? They should submit?

It is Common Sense.

Accordingly, you should change your ID as you do The Father of the American Revolution a great dis-service.

He would be sick at your embrace of oppression of people as I am.
we don't live in a uni-polar world (the west controlling everything on the globe), like in the days of Thomas Paine. we live in a mutli-polar world now. multiple world-powers ruling over the smaller nations.

ambiguity is the current policy, and it's the perfect policy (for the forseeable future, possibly decades long even).
Ambiguity is never a good idea

the chinese are gamblers

you think you closed the door

but you are leaving it open

Last edited:
train lines are better i think. less fuel to transport more goods.
we should invest in the development of super railroad construction equipment.
caterpillar, you up for it? :)
No, because you are dreaming! Wake up and smell the coffee!

Have you ever traveled this country? I am betting that you haven't because you would realize that outside the northeastern US, passenger railroads do not exist. Those is the northeast, are used by commuters.

Why would I want to take two days to reach the west coast by rail, when I can do it in about 4 hours or less by air? i just flew from Kentucky to Florida in one hour and 55 minutes. I could have traveled by train but I would have had to drive three hours to the train station, ridden on a train to Philadelphia overnight and then about a day and a half by train to Florida. The train station there was 35 miles from my destination requiring me to rent a car. Which mode of travel would you prefer?

We don't live in a nation where you can traverse the entire country in a matter of hours. Once drove cross country from California to Florida. It took three full days, driving 18 hours each day to complete the trip. I even remember us departing California on July 29th, and arriving home on August 1st.

No, because you are dreaming! Wake up and smell the coffee!

Have you ever traveled this country? I am betting that you haven't because you would realize that outside the northeastern US, passenger railroads do not exist. Those is the northeast, are used by commuters.

Why would I want to take two days to reach the west coast by rail, when I can do it in about 4 hours or less by air? i just flew from Kentucky to Florida in one hour and 55 minutes. I could have traveled by train but I would have had to drive three hours to the train station, ridden on a train to Philadelphia overnight and then about a day and a half by train to Florida. The train station there was 35 miles from my destination requiring me to rent a car. Which mode of travel would you prefer?

We don't live in a nation where you can traverse the entire country in a matter of hours. Once drove cross country from California to Florida. It took three full days, driving 18 hours each day to complete the trip. I even remember us departing California on July 29th, and arriving home on August 1st.
You should read a logistics education book ;) Why do you think ships are used for long distance inter-continental travel (of *goods* and raw materials to produce them)? land based coast-to-coast travel is best done by *train* bro ;)

(i did read up on logistics while in school for the workplace)

“Why not help?” — What kind of “help” are you proposing?

The author believes — and I agree with him here — that open military moves or recognition by the U.S. of Taiwan independence will lead to a devastating conflict in which Taiwan will be destroyed. Such a war cannot be won. Taiwan is a small island just off the coast of China, which is a nuclear and industrial power of 1.4 billion people. The 13 colonies sat on the edge of a huge continent across an ocean from Britain in the 18th Century of sailing ships. The Founding Fathers were practical men who knew they had a chance to win.

Today in any serious military conflict between the U.S. and China over Taiwan the U.S. will almost inevitably lose, and it will quite possibly lead to nuclear exchanges. Who will that “help”?
I agree. Dont underestimate China. Americans have this pompous attitude they rule the world. China do not believe it.

You should read a logistics education book ;) Why do you think ships are used for long distance inter-continental travel (of *goods* and raw materials to produce them)? land based coast-to-coast travel is best done by *train* bro ;)

(i did read up on logistics while in school for the workplace)
Nah! I was just a naval officer who knew nothing about logistics. My youngest daughter commands a logistics unit in the 101st Airborne Division.

Forum List

Back