The Green Lantern Is Gay Now

This is what happens when you let comic books think they are great agents of social change and progress. DC will have to announce that Green Lantern is now part of their "Vertigo" line for 'mature audiences'.

Ack barf, a sad day for DC and they're applauding it.

Im pretty sure it was the feminists bullshit :dig: that first drew peoples political attention to comic books so it can't be all the comics fault. :eusa_whistle:

Meh, I blame the fact that DC and Marvel are based in NYC and that culture is doing the rest.

The Green Lantern Is Gay Now

So is the OP for posting this gay post.

You write as though that is an insult or something, though from what mud has written, he appears to be hetero. Is this Super Surrealistic Saturday? I like that better than Flame Fest Friday.

Green Lanter is a FICTIONAL character. Therefore someone chose to make him gay. This is not some sort of 'he was born that way' shit or 'personal choice'. It is an agenda choice by a writer or editor saying 'hey, sales are slumping, how can we spice this character up again?' And they did this.

There's been talk about making Spider Man gay by removing the part from Peter Parker and giving it to some hispanic immigrant bisexual kid. Last I heard at least.

That's an editorial choice from the Manhattan offices of Marvel, not some real person making a decision on their own.

Parse fact from fiction please. You're scaring the adults in the room.

Green Lanter is a FICTIONAL character. Therefore someone chose to make him gay. This is not some sort of 'he was born that way' shit or 'personal choice'. It is an agenda choice by a writer or editor saying 'hey, sales are slumping, how can we spice this character up again?' And they did this.

There's been talk about making Spider Man gay by removing the part from Peter Parker and giving it to some hispanic immigrant bisexual kid. Last I heard at least.

That's an editorial choice from the Manhattan offices of Marvel, not some real person making a decision on their own.

"agenda choice"; I'll remember that slogan. If I scare you, you are easily frightened. :lol:

"agenda choice"; I'll remember that slogan. If I scare you, you are easily frightened. :lol:
actually, I more just pity.

"I more just pity". Another UNIQUE, almost an expression of thought there. Keep struggling.

"I more just pity". Another UNIQUE, almost an expression of thought there. Keep struggling.

Maybe, maybe not still doesn't change the fact that Big Fitz was right about what he said, ive no problem with "creating" gay hero's but when you take popular and long established heros of a different race, ethnicity or sexual orientation i have a problem especially when the majority of them are white Heterosexual characters from my childhood that were selling great as such. I mean look at Powergirl shes a homosexual character and i have no problem there shes one of my favorite characters but what there doing here is like taking Supergirl and turning her into lesbian or black girl/hispanic its simply stupid pandering to a butthurt minority with chip on their shoulder.

Maybe, maybe not still doesn't change the fact that Big Fitz was right about what he said, ive no problem with "creating" gay hero's but when you take popular and long established heros of a different race, ethnicity or sexual orientation i have a problem especially when the majority of them are white Heterosexual characters from my childhood that were selling great as such. I mean look at Powergirl shes a homosexual character and i have no problem there shes one of my favorite characters but what there doing here is like taking Supergirl and turning her into lesbian or black girl/hispanic its simply stupid pandering to a butthurt minority with chip on their shoulder.

Pretty much my thoughts.

Why not invent a new gay superhero......

They're lucky they didn't try to turn Zorro gay. The Latinos would have gone the fuck off.

Oh shit.........they did.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dFuYWIw5A4]Zorro The Gay Blade: Red like a Rose? - YouTube[/ame]

I'm pissed also at Marvel making Nick Fury black so they could have Samuel L. Jackson in the movies play the part. THAT is utter bullshit.

Pretty much my thoughts.

Why not invent a new gay superhero......

They're lucky they didn't try to turn Zorro gay. The Latinos would have gone the fuck off.

Oh shit.........they did.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dFuYWIw5A4]Zorro The Gay Blade: Red like a Rose? - YouTube[/ame]

This Green Lantern is from a parallel Earth, Not Hal Jordan, Not Guy Gardener but a completely different Green Lantern.

the Green Lanterns have been an alocoholic, a narcissist and even a villian. Now, one of the MANY Green Lanterns is gay. Big deal.

The surprise isnt that one of the Green Lanterns is gay...The surprise is with THIS MANY of them, that there hasnt been one already.

glcorps.jpg

Green_Lantern_Corps_by_AdamWithers.jpg

Your Mistaken the main universes have always been New Earth and Earth 2 as their now called and Alan Scott is the ORIGINAL Green Lantern and a White heterosexual happly married to a wife with two kids, they killed him off so they could do a reboot and bring him back as Gay Lantern just to pander to the Gay Academias bullshit and they actually wanted to make Batman gay and make him and Robin a couple but DC thought that was a bad idea and wasn't willing to risk it.

I'm pissed also at Marvel making Nick Fury black so they could have Samuel L. Jackson in the movies play the part. THAT is utter bullshit.

Part of the left's diversity program.

I wonder how many movies have had the lead character changed from white to black.

Wild Wild West
The Honeymooners
Disney's Princess and the Frog

There are a few others. In this story it appears that African-American groups have been raising hell about there not being enough black characters in children films. Lack of black characters in children

Perhaps the Green Lantern came out of the closet because there was an outcry for homosexuals superheroes.

Thats a whole other thread look at this
tumblr_m4u010dsbu1rp5vopo1_1280.jpg

What is this Bullshit about turning white characters black lately? I mean look at the list

Harvey Dent AKA Two Face

Superman

Wonder Woman

Nick Fury

Spiderman

Wilson Fisk AKA The Kingpin of Crime

Catwoman

Aqualad

Captain America

Alicia Masters AKA The Things Girlfriend

And i could go on why don’t they actually use some good already fucking existing heros like Prowler, Black Panther, War Machine, Storm, Cloak, Brother Voodoo, Night Thrasher, Falcon, Obsidian etc and cast white people for white peoples roles the way they would black people for black peoples roles instead of doing this bullshit i mean their ruining the characters for fucks sake.

Forum List

Back