The Greatest!

Battles to the death, exotic wild animals vs. Gladiators and prisoners and each other; what a spectacle that must have been.

Does that really constitute a sport?
2 Gladiators vs. a Grizzly Bear. I'd pay $50 to see that.

You'd be in shock about ten seconds into the fight. People in ancient times were much, much harder than their modern counterparts.

Very unlikely to be true.

Why?

Training, medicine, strength, speed, stamina, etc.

We watched every single game last year (Washington Nationals) - either live or on TV - I honestly don't think we missed one......

We watched every single game last year (Washington Nationals) - either live or on TV - I honestly don't think we missed one......

Very cool, I used to watch the Cubs all the time. I just don't have the time to sit back and watch sports. I like to do other things and get out more. Anymore, I can only watch bits and pieces of games and then my ADD kicks in. Lol!

Very cool, I used to watch the Cubs all the time. I just don't have the time to sit back and watch sports. I like to do other things and get out more. Anymore, I can only watch bits and pieces of games and then my ADD kicks in. Lol!

Hubby is a total sports junkie. We didn't watch every game LIVE - we DVR'ed ones so we were not glued to the TV - and we attended many of the games... we had a partial 1/4 season plan ...

What, in your opinion, is the greatest sport in the world, past or present?

I'll start: Wrestling
Wow! We agree on something.
It's a Christmas miracle
That Dupont movie with Steve Correll was depressing. No money in wrestling.

I remember when all that shit went down. Big shock through the wrestling world. The really nasty details didn't emerge right away.

Hard to believe that with all the "made up" sports in the olympics they would drop wrestling

Baseball - by far.

I do have an American perspective on it but it's not like other countries don't play also ...

On a Saturday afternoon, nothing better to turn on a good baseball game and take a nice long nap.
A man wasn't bored enough by baseball, so he invented softball.

On the bright side, you can drink beer in the dugout

I knew it.

turkishoilwrestling.jpg

Forum List

Back