The GREATEST war crime

I love the smell of cooked Japs in the morning. Smells like SAVED AMERICAN LIVES.

Did you know that the attack on Pearl Harbour was really planned by FDR and he blamed the Japanese?

Young Mr. Yukon is only posting to see other people pay attention to him. I would be willing to bet he is an emotionally stunted individual that just likes to see reactions to his asinine postings. It is obvious to me he really knows nothing of true history.
My father was involved in the fighting on Okinawa and told me the Japanese there would rather die than surrender. How do you think they would have reacted to a full scale invasion of their home island? You speak of only 45,000 Allied deaths in that invasion. One of those could have been my father. At the time the estimate was for up to 1 million additional Allied casualties.
If you are ever in a fight rest assured you will use any and all weapons to end that fight. But there again I doubt if you have what it takes to stand up to anyone. When this topic started I just thought you were ignorant but now I understand you are stupid and a coward.
Here's my philosophy.. Don't start a fight if you are not willing to get your ass handed to you.

Young Mr. Yukon is only posting to see other people pay attention to him. I would be willing to bet he is an emotionally stunted individual that just likes to see reactions to his asinine postings. It is obvious to me he really knows nothing of true history.
My father was involved in the fighting on Okinawa and told me the Japanese there would rather die than surrender. How do you think they would have reacted to a full scale invasion of their home island? You speak of only 45,000 Allied deaths in that invasion. One of those could have been my father. At the time the estimate was for up to 1 million additional Allied casualties.
If you are ever in a fight rest assured you will use any and all weapons to end that fight. But there again I doubt if you have what it takes to stand up to anyone. When this topic started I just thought you were ignorant but now I understand you are stupid and a coward.
Here's my philosophy.. Don't start a fight if you are not willing to get your ass handed to you.

Actually the estimate for the unnecessary invasion is around 46,000. The 1 million number came from people who attempt to justify the atomic bombings.

Actually the estimate for the unnecessary invasion is around 46,000. The 1 million number came from people who attempt to justify the atomic bombings.

You can't predict house to house fighting that simply.

I'm currently looking for the actual article itself. Here's a blurb about it, however.

He supplies pre-Hiroshima estimates from several sources, including the Joint War Plans Committee, which estimated that between 20,000 and 46,000 troops would die in such an invasion. The sources cited all show that the estimates were significantly lower than 500,000. The article also speculates about the reasons for the post-war inflation of the estimates.

Alsos: A Postwar Myth: 500,000 U.S. Lives Saved

Our Japanese friends were actually peace loving people who were driven to war becuase the USA would not trade with them. It was America's fault not the Japanese. You know it to be true.......

Our Japanese friends were actually peace loving people who were driven to war becuase the USA would not trade with them. It was America's fault not the Japanese. You know it to be true.......

You know you are retarded right? You know that you give other Retarded People a Black Eye, just for being associated with you. I refuse to trade with you. Try bombing Me.

I say We Invade Canada, What will it take,.... an hour and a half? 90% + Live within 90 minutes of the Border. We could also just apprehend them when they cross over for their Doctors Appt., or to Shop. Let's Boycott Canadian Beer, and Hockey Teams....

No wait, We are not like you.

I'm currently looking for the actual article itself. Here's a blurb about it, however.

He supplies pre-Hiroshima estimates from several sources, including the Joint War Plans Committee, which estimated that between 20,000 and 46,000 troops would die in such an invasion. The sources cited all show that the estimates were significantly lower than 500,000. The article also speculates about the reasons for the post-war inflation of the estimates.

Alsos: A Postwar Myth: 500,000 U.S. Lives Saved

As "Intense" points out, you can't predict house to house fighting. But you can look at what has happened in Iraq and get a pretty good idea of what would have happened in Japan.

Remember, in Iraq, at the beginning of the invasion, almost no US soldiers were lost. Since then, thousands killed and tens of thousands maimed and Saddam was a "tyrant", not beloved by the country.

Japan had half the population of the US and adored their emperorer and even believed he was their version of "Jesus Christ" here on earth. They were willing to die to protect their "God" here on earth. You can't seriously believe that under these circumstances, the US would have lost only 46,000 soldiers, especially going door to door.

Japan was looking for peace, true, but included in that peace was keeping whatever land they had already concquered and keeping their military untouched. Basically, they wanted hostilities to "cease" until they could regroup. Their "peace" was a "time out".

Tell me they aren't teaching in school that we dropped two atomic bombs on innocent people simply because we "could". Truman agonized over this. They were careful to select cities that didn't have the "religious" meaning that Tokoyo or others had. The ONLY reason the Japanese stopped fighting was because the US told them they would drop more and more if they didn't stop.

Many German and Japanese experiments proved to be good research.

The dropping of the bomb was a terrible war crime, equal to the extermination of the Jews.

okay, back to the matter at hand...

there is NO COMPARISON!

consider this...
while some people of japanese origin were sent to internment camps, none were summarily executed...

and beyond that, there was no systematic extermination campaign, no "final solution of the japanese question" by the american government...

a large number of innocents were killed yes...but it was no holocaust...

the japanese citizens in hiroshima and nagasaki were not taken prisoner and worked, starved, gassed or slowly tortured in a labor/concentration camp...

roosevelt was not a raving lunatic, a bloodthirsty madman nor a documented racist/xenophobe...

how were the atom bombs equal to "the final solution?" do tell.

I have already demonstrated that the dropping of the bomb was militarily justified because the strategic analysis got it right (unlike Iraq II). A real chance existed that the Allied forces would not be able to get a foothold on the home islands, and if they did, the projected casualties were sky high.

The war crime would have been if the bomb had not been dropped.

ill lay down and you can blow the hell of me.

Your_Gay.jpg

Forum List

Back