The Great Ryan As VP Poll

How do you feel as Ryan as the VP nom?

• The best news since McCain announcing Palin!

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Not sure, he doesn't change my views on Romney or Obama

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Great Choice! Hard right or nothing!

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • God help us all

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
Don't think Ryan would be a good fit with Mitt.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Ryan actually somebody who WANTS to help the USA?

Well......

.....$OME-of-them.....

Lecture22-8.jpg

.....and, it won't be the poor-parasites.

Last edited:
Republicans refuse to address the proposition. Guess that shows where their hearts are.
Or, like Cheney, perhaps they need transplants to have one.

This VP pick sharpens the choice for voters:
1. More crack and then the US goes bankrupt (ref. Greece)
2. More pain and then the US remains solvent.

Voters to date have never chosen more pain. This choice shows how serious Mitt thinks the entitlement problem has become.

That said, I still think that the debate will be the Clinton tax rates with Simpson-Bowles, I don't know how that math works with $69-trillion in unfunded entitlements, but Ryan said that the US will be bankrupt before 2025.
Versus the Ryan Plan without Obamacare.....stay tuned.

At last we're finally debating policies instead of nonsense.

Paul Ryan on Bailouts and Government Stimuli
-Voted YES on TARP (2008)
-Voted YES on Economic Stimulus HR 5140 (2008)
-Voted YES on $15B bailout for GM and Chrysler. (Dec 2008)
-Voted YES on $192B additional anti-recession stimulus spending. (Jul 2009)

Paul Ryan on Entitlement Programs
-Voted YES on limited prescription drug benefit for Medicare recipients. (Nov 2003)
-Voted YES on providing $70 million for Section 8 Housing vouchers. (Jun 2006)
-Voted YES on extending unemployment benefits from 39 weeks to 59 weeks. (Oct 2008)
-Voted YES on Head Start Act (2007)

Paul Ryan on Education
Rep. Ryan went along with the Bush Administration in supporting more federal involvement in education. This is contrary to the traditional Republican position, which included support for abolition of the Department of Education and decreasing federal involvement in education.
-Voted YES on No Child Left Behind Act (2001)

Paul Ryan on Civil Liberties
-Voted YES on federalizing rules for driver licenses to hinder terrorists. (Feb 2005)
-Voted YES on making the PATRIOT Act permanent. (Dec 2005)
-Voted YES on allowing electronic surveillance without a warrant. (Sep 2006)

Paul Ryan on War and Intervention Abroad
-Voted YES on authorizing military force in Iraq. (Oct 2002)
-Voted YES on emergency $78B for war in Iraq & Afghanistan. (Apr 2003)
-Voted YES on declaring Iraq part of War on Terror with no exit date. (Jun 2006)
-Voted NO on redeploying US troops out of Iraq starting in 90 days. (May 2007)

Congressman Ryan supports the United Nations, the World Trade Organization, federal bailouts, increased federal involvement in education, unconstitutional and undeclared wars, Medicare Part D (a multi trillion dollar unfunded liability), stimulus spending, and foreign aid.

According to Michelle Malkin in 2009, “[Paul Ryan] gave one of the most hysterical speeches in the rush to pass TARP last fall; voted for the auto bailout; and voted with the Barney Frank-Nancy Pelosi AIG bonus-bashing stampede. Milwaukee blogger Nick Schweitzer wrote: ‘He ought to be apologizing for his previous votes, not pretending he was being responsible the entire time, but I don’t see one bit of regret for what he did previously. And I’ll be damned if I’m going to let him get away with it’.”

Source: Republican Liberty Caucus of Wisconsin

Hell of a guy. I have yet to see anything to change my mind come Nov.

Choose your destiny

Your choices are somewhat overlapping. As I stated, the needle that Romney needs to move is to energize the hard right. He did that with this pick.

Does it change my feeling about the election? No. No one votes for the bottom of the ticket.

You have to wonder who the foreign policy heavyweight would on this ticket if it is in fact Ryan.

Also, the Governor apparently disagrees on the criteria his wife set out:

During an interview set to air Thursday with ABC News, Romney's wife, Ann, said Romney's eventual pick would share many of her husband's qualities.

"I was thinking of passion for this country, being able to serve, being able to have experience, real experience, being able to be ready Day One," Ann Romney said. "Actually, if you think about it, there's a lot of people that fit under that umbrella."
Congressman Ryan obviously is not ready to lead the nation.

Is it true that the announcement was made on a battleship?

Do they really want to associate themselves with such an example of failed passé concepts?

From what I understand, they actually have a good rapport, which might be the deciding factor here.

And he was the only one willing to get on the sinking ship at this point.

The sinking ship economy is Obama's.. isn't that obvious.

So lets say Obama wins and Democrats are thrilled .. how is America better off?

Well, I agree, Obama hasn't been a good president. My best hope is that when he wins, he won't do what Bush did, assume he has a mandate because people liked the other guy less, and try to do a bunch of whacky stuff no one voted for. I'm hoping he'll reach out to the other side and get some things done. Presidents do this when they aer in second terms and looking for "legacies". (Reagan and Clinton come to mind.)

Romney would be worse, because he wasn't even a good governor, trying to run away from his record in Massachusetts like it was an underage sister wife.

For the GOP, I think they have some challenges if they want to remain in the game.

They have to get right with working people, to start with. The old pressing the social issues buttons ain't working anymore as people are becoming more accepting of gays and abortion and such.

They also have to get right with Hispanics. Not to say they should abandon the issue of immigration, but they need to be more humane about it and come off sounding less anti-Hispanic. There is a good case to be made, but they aren't making it the right way.

My concern is after Romney loses, the GOP will blame him and not do any interspection.

The republican party is owned by the wealthy they only want to "do right" by the 1%.

pretending that is not true is silly.

You may wwant to do right by the American people but you cant do it with the republican party we have today.

Ike would be a dem today

Is it true that the announcement was made on a battleship?

Do they really want to associate themselves with such an example of failed passé concepts?

I guess that somebody thought it a good idea since Ryan is from Wisconsin to do it on the battleship that carried that name. That battleships were outdated by 1941 might have skipped their notice. Plus it adds to the strong militarist image that neo-cons get a nut over.

Last edited:
From what I understand, they actually have a good rapport, which might be the deciding factor here.

And he was the only one willing to get on the sinking ship at this point.

The sinking ship economy is Obama's.. isn't that obvious.

So lets say Obama wins and Democrats are thrilled .. how is America better off?

Well, I agree, Obama hasn't been a good president. My best hope is that when he wins, he won't do what Bush did, assume he has a mandate because people liked the other guy less, and try to do a bunch of whacky stuff no one voted for. I'm hoping he'll reach out to the other side and get some things done. Presidents do this when they aer in second terms and looking for "legacies". (Reagan and Clinton come to mind.)

Romney would be worse, because he wasn't even a good governor, trying to run away from his record in Massachusetts like it was an underage sister wife.

For the GOP, I think they have some challenges if they want to remain in the game.

They have to get right with working people, to start with. The old pressing the social issues buttons ain't working anymore as people are becoming more accepting of gays and abortion and such.

They also have to get right with Hispanics. Not to say they should abandon the issue of immigration, but they need to be more humane about it and come off sounding less anti-Hispanic. There is a good case to be made, but they aren't making it the right way.

My concern is after Romney loses, the GOP will blame him and not do any interspection.
Introspection isn't the GOP's strong suit, otherwise there would be no Bush-Dole-Bush-McCain-Romney to talk about.

As far as political move I think its really idiotic,personal view is that Ryan is as big a piece of shit as Romney,Romney supported the NDAA,Patriot Act etc. Ryan actually voted yes for these things...but hey I think its the final nail in the coffin of the Romney campaign and that's fine and dandy with me. I would rather deal with another 4 years of Obama's pathetic presidency than I would of Romney's 8 years. Romney loses it allows the liberty movement to continue to grow under the pathetic presidency of Obama and the house and senate being under Republican control so nothing gets done!

I sure as hell don't claim to understand politics or politicians in general, but this move is just a mystery to me. Why do you put such an easy target on the ticket?

Not to mention the man has that creepy Rod Serling look.

Holy crap.

rod.jpg

"Presented for your approval... a Republican Ticket so entrapped by Teabagger rhetoric that it no longer makes any sense! A Political Campaign, directly from.. the Twilight Zone!"

Forum List

Back