The Great Ryan As VP Poll

How do you feel as Ryan as the VP nom?

• The best news since McCain announcing Palin!

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Not sure, he doesn't change my views on Romney or Obama

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Great Choice! Hard right or nothing!

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • God help us all

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
Don't think Ryan would be a good fit with Mitt.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Ryan actually somebody who WANTS to help the USA?

Clearly Mitts agenda and Ryans aren't remotely on the same page.

From what I understand, they actually have a good rapport, which might be the deciding factor here.

And he was the only one willing to get on the sinking ship at this point.

The sinking ship economy is Obama's.. isn't that obvious.

So lets say Obama wins and Democrats are thrilled .. how is America better off?

The liberals seem cranky. I wonder why?
Yeah....that's what it is......
543.gif

603458_10150997186782896_1233644904_n.jpg

So you think class warfare (the boogy man) is the way to go...

I don't believe there's an intention by Republicans to throw granny out in the street without medical coverage but the constant lack of action by our government makes that an inevitability if something isn't done, and soon.

The class warfare was when the rich douchebags fired me from my last job despite six years of loyal service because I ran up too many medical bills in 2007...

Ryan's plan of privatizing Medicare by giving old people vouchers was absolute plutocratic insanity. People who really need the insurance would never be able to get it.

I don't have a link but I suspect insurance costs will continue to grow at the now standard 12 to 15 % per year for some time, it's unsustainable and it's practically out of reach now.
And Lyin' Ryan's vouchers will be linked to the CPI, and not the increase in medical costs, which will make them more worthless each and every year.

Yikes.

Confetti at the White House today, no doubt. Now Medicare will be a big part of every Obama speech, and Ryan's plan (whether you like it or not) is one of the easiest freakin' targets out there, a veritable political pinata.

And by the way, now every Republican running in November is gonna be forced to sign off on Ryan's plan. Confetti at Democrat headquarters across the freakin' country.

Gawd, let's just get this over with.

Don't think Ryan would be a good fit with Mitt.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Ryan actually somebody who WANTS to help the USA?

Clearly Mitts agenda and Ryans aren't remotely on the same page.

From what I understand, they actually have a good rapport, which might be the deciding factor here.

And he was the only one willing to get on the sinking ship at this point.

The sinking ship economy is Obama's.. isn't that obvious.

So lets say Obama wins and Democrats are thrilled .. how is America better off?

Well, I agree, Obama hasn't been a good president. My best hope is that when he wins, he won't do what Bush did, assume he has a mandate because people liked the other guy less, and try to do a bunch of whacky stuff no one voted for. I'm hoping he'll reach out to the other side and get some things done. Presidents do this when they aer in second terms and looking for "legacies". (Reagan and Clinton come to mind.)

Romney would be worse, because he wasn't even a good governor, trying to run away from his record in Massachusetts like it was an underage sister wife.

For the GOP, I think they have some challenges if they want to remain in the game.

They have to get right with working people, to start with. The old pressing the social issues buttons ain't working anymore as people are becoming more accepting of gays and abortion and such.

They also have to get right with Hispanics. Not to say they should abandon the issue of immigration, but they need to be more humane about it and come off sounding less anti-Hispanic. There is a good case to be made, but they aren't making it the right way.

My concern is after Romney loses, the GOP will blame him and not do any interspection.

Oh, I'm happy. I think he's really trying to lose.

Of course, no veep pick has ever helped a candidate in a positive way, but this is really a pretty awful pick.
.....And, if he's a heart-beat away from Romney hauling-ass (to his primary foreign-bank), from the IRS.....what would Ryan do about Syria??!!!!!

:eusa_eh:

The class warfare was when the rich douchebags fired me from my last job despite six years of loyal service because I ran up too many medical bills in 2007...

Ryan's plan of privatizing Medicare by giving old people vouchers was absolute plutocratic insanity. People who really need the insurance would never be able to get it.

I don't have a link but I suspect insurance costs will continue to grow at the now standard 12 to 15 % per year for some time, it's unsustainable and it's practically out of reach now.

I agree. the only solution- Single Payer Government health care that controls costs.

This is the real problem. Health care is a gold mine. There is not a point where people won't want it if they are sick... So the insurance companies and the medical companies can keep jacking up the costs.

Employers are kind of stuck because they have to offer good health care to get good people. It's actually crippling small businesses.

In the rest of the industrialized world, they spend less per person and less on their GDP on this, because they tell the medical industry- "Hey, this is what you are going to get, make the best of it". Which is what every other business has to do, really.

Ya know, I don't feel like getting into a circular argument on healthcare. My final statement is get Government the "F" out of health care, repeal most of the government legislation, mandates etc.. Continue and clean-up medicare but that's about it.

Last edited:
My concern is after Romney loses, the GOP will blame him and not do any interspection.

Just as the country is devoid of leadership from either party right now, the GOP is devoid of leadership within its own organization. Anyone who might be a leader is so afraid of the Tea Party, so (inexplicably) scared that Palin may not like them, so concerned that Grover's gonna shove a fucking "pledge" in their face, that they're afraid to say anything.

What a mess. Romney/Ryan is an illustration of that.

Well, after Obama, it's pretty obvious that this country needs to be put on positive fiscal policies.

Democrats are threatened by this..that's just how far they are from the reality of this country.

scare tactics for votes.. that's just pathetic and sad.

I agree we need some fiscal responsibility...

But cutting the old people off on Medicare and Social Security so some rich douchebags can continue to enjoy paying lower tax rates isn't it.
The ONLY thing we need-to-do (regarding Medicare), is to......

I have noticed that Ryan's speaking style is really quick. He seems to be racing to get all the words out as though he is on some sort of timer.

Anyone else pick up on that?

"Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money." George Carlin

We live in an age of quackery as politics, an age in which slavery is accepted as privilege. How this came about demonstrates the power of the marketing of ideas. Voter suppression as preventing voter fraud is a recent example. Lots more, check out this book for the history.

"[Richard] Viguerie hoped that Ronald Reagan. the candidate of the economic right, fresh from his third term as governor of California and starting to look toward national polities, could somehow be persuaded to run for the presidency on the American Independent Party ticket with George Wallace, the candidate of the social right. At the time, Reagan was growing eager to pursue a broader role in national politics. As he wrote to Lemuel Boulware, his old friend from GE, "l promise you I'll be trying to stir up the business world, including the exhortation to fight back against government's increasing lust for power over free enterprise." He even told the aging GE executive that an article Boulware had written for Human Events (a conservative magazine) had been the basis for some of his own speeches. Boulware still had great hopes for Reagan. When the politician began a radio program in 1974, Boulware wrote to him, "You are the lone one with the knowledge, facility, zest and credibility needed to make the initially disillusioning facts be both economically understandable and humanly attractive." Kim Phillips-Fein (1979 p219 'Invisible Hands')

Well, after Obama, it's pretty obvious that this country needs to be put on positive fiscal policies.

Democrats are threatened by this..that's just how far they are from the reality of this country.

scare tactics for votes.. that's just pathetic and sad.

I agree we need some fiscal responsibility...

But cutting the old people off on Medicare and Social Security so some rich douchebags can continue to enjoy paying lower tax rates isn't it.

So you think class warfare (the boogy man) is the way to go...

I don't believe there's an intention by Republicans to throw granny out in the street without medical coverage......

True.....but, they (do) still keep pitching the concept of a RACE-WAR....to keep their Aryan-base energized.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgvBdlD7xUk]Rachel Maddow: Fox News To White People: Be Very Afraid! Black People Are Coming To Get You! Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6hCoj9Kg6E]Rachel Maddow: Fox News To White People: Be Very Afraid! Black People Are Coming To Get You! Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]​

"I don't believe there's an intention by Republicans to throw granny out in the street without medical coverage but the constant lack of action by our government makes that an inevitability if something isn't done, and soon."

They could start organizing 'private' responses with their rich supporters to replace the failing government system.
Are there any adults, at home, you could speak-to....regarding failing government systems.

handjob.gif

BILL MOYERS: Why is public insurance, a public option, so fiercely opposed by the indu$try?

WENDELL POTTER: The industry doesn't want to have any competitor. In fact, over the course of the last few years, has been shrinking the number of competitors through a lot of acquisitions and mergers. So first of all, they don't want any more competition period. They certainly don't want it from a government plan that might be operating more efficiently than they are, that they operate. The Medicare program that we have here is a government-run program that has administrative expenses that are like three percent or so.

BILL MOYERS: Compared to the industry's--

WENDELL POTTER: They spend about 20 cents of every premium dollar on overhead, which is administrative expense or profit. So they don't want to compete against a more efficient competitor.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QwX_soZ1GI]BILL MOYERS JOURNAL | Wendell Potter | PBS - YouTube[/ame]​

Forum List

Back