The Great Ryan As VP Poll

How do you feel as Ryan as the VP nom?

• The best news since McCain announcing Palin!

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Not sure, he doesn't change my views on Romney or Obama

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Great Choice! Hard right or nothing!

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • God help us all

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
The greedy oblivious 1% forever!! LOL How we got our first Dem congressperson ever here...I know! Cut taxes on the rich and destroy Medicare!! LOLOLOLOL

Over the next three months, expect to hear a lot of variations on this analysis, from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities:

Chairman Ryan’s sweeping budget plan has been labeled “courageous,” but it’s a cowardly budget in a crucial respect. It proposes a dramatic reverse-Robin-Hood approach that gets the lion’s share of its budget cuts from programs for low-income Americans — the politically and economically weakest group in America and the politically safest group for Ryan to target— even as it bestows extremely large tax cuts on the wealthiest Americans. Taken together, its proposals would produce the largest redistribution of income from the bottom to the top in modern U.S. history, while increasing poverty and inequality more than any measure in recent times and possibly in the nation’s history.​

More: Paul Ryan to Be Romney's Running Mate | Mother Jones

tumblr_m8e82qxOeI1r1rtp6o1_500.jpg

Oh, I'm happy. I think he's really trying to lose.

Of course, no veep pick has ever helped a candidate in a positive way, but this is really a pretty awful pick.

The guy who fired your dad and the guy who wants to starve granny!

I think it shows Romney's weakness, that the far right Wingnuts and Teabaggers aren't really thrilled with him, and he has to make a pick that gets them excited.

It's Palin without the lipstick.

Well, after Obama, it's pretty obvious that this country needs to be put on positive fiscal policies.

Democrats are threatened by this..that's just how far they are from the reality of this country.

scare tactics for votes.. that's just pathetic and sad.

Well, after Obama, it's pretty obvious that this country needs to be put on positive fiscal policies.

Democrats are threatened by this..that's just how far they are from the reality of this country.

I agree we need some fiscal responsibility...

But cutting the old people off on Medicare and Social Security so some rich douchebags can continue to enjoy paying lower tax rates isn't it.

I don't pray, but it was the only applicable choice. It would have applied even without Ryan being the question.

But cutting the old people off on Medicare and Social Security so some rich douchebags can continue to enjoy paying lower tax rates isn't it.

So you think class warfare (the boogy man) is the way to go...

I don't believe there's an intention by Republicans to throw granny out in the street without medical coverage but the constant lack of action by our government makes that an inevitability if something isn't done, and soon.

I don't believe there's an intention by Republicans to throw granny out in the street without medical coverage but the constant lack of action by our government makes that an inevitability if something isn't done, and soon.

The class warfare was when the rich douchebags fired me from my last job despite six years of loyal service because I ran up too many medical bills in 2007...

Ryan's plan of privatizing Medicare by giving old people vouchers was absolute plutocratic insanity. People who really need the insurance would never be able to get it.

"I don't believe there's an intention by Republicans to throw granny out in the street without medical coverage but the constant lack of action by our government makes that an inevitability if something isn't done, and soon."

They could start organizing 'private' responses with their rich supporters to replace the failing government system.

Don't think Ryan would be a good fit with Mitt.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Ryan actually somebody who WANTS to help the USA?

Clearly Mitts agenda and Ryans aren't remotely on the same page.

The class warfare was when the rich douchebags fired me from my last job despite six years of loyal service because I ran up too many medical bills in 2007...

Ryan's plan of privatizing Medicare by giving old people vouchers was absolute plutocratic insanity. People who really need the insurance would never be able to get it.

I don't have a link but I suspect insurance costs will continue to grow at the now standard 12 to 15 % per year for some time, it's unsustainable and it's practically out of reach now.

Joe has lived every talking point.

His life has been a accumulation of everything that is wrong with America down to the soundbyte.

Don't think Ryan would be a good fit with Mitt.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Ryan actually somebody who WANTS to help the USA?

Clearly Mitts agenda and Ryans aren't remotely on the same page.

From what I understand, they actually have a good rapport, which might be the deciding factor here.

And he was the only one willing to get on the sinking ship at this point.

I don't have a link but I suspect insurance costs will continue to grow at the now standard 12 to 15 % per year for some time, it's unsustainable and it's practically out of reach now.

I agree. the only solution- Single Payer Government health care that controls costs.

This is the real problem. Health care is a gold mine. There is not a point where people won't want it if they are sick... So the insurance companies and the medical companies can keep jacking up the costs.

Employers are kind of stuck because they have to offer good health care to get good people. It's actually crippling small businesses.

In the rest of the industrialized world, they spend less per person and less on their GDP on this, because they tell the medical industry- "Hey, this is what you are going to get, make the best of it". Which is what every other business has to do, really.

Forum List

Back