The GOP, Cheaters, Ron Paul won the State of Maine

I, for one, welcome the support of democrats on this because for me it is about corruption and it pervades both parties. If we allow these situations to continue then we have lost the country for good. We have to root it out at the core of each party and make sure it doesn't happen again. I won't roll over anymore.

If it was genuine, i would agree with you. But it's not. They're loyal Obamabots. Don't kid yourself on that.

I, for one, welcome the support of democrats on this because for me it is about corruption and it pervades both parties. If we allow these situations to continue then we have lost the country for good. We have to root it out at the core of each party and make sure it doesn't happen again. I won't roll over anymore.

If it was genuine, i would agree with you. But it's not. They're loyal Obamabots. Don't kid yourself on that.
why does it matter to you? Cheating is cheating, REGARDLESS of who someone supports or doesn't support.

This is why YOU are the one that comes off like a partisan hack idiot. You could give 2 poops on what happens to this nation if the voice of the people is taken away... you are one sorry dude....seek help.

why does it matter to you? Cheating is cheating, REGARDLESS of who someone supports or doesn't support.

This is why YOU are the one that comes off like a partisan hack idiot. You could give 2 poops on what happens to this nation if the voice of the people is taken away... you are one sorry dude....seek help.

You just see this as a way of hurting Republicans and helping Democrats. You do not support Ron Paul and his beliefs. And you never were going to vote for a Republican. Faux outrage. But do continue. I'm sure some people are buying your Bullshite.

You just see this as a way of hurting Republicans and helping Democrats. You do not support Ron Paul and his beliefs. And you never were going to vote for a Republican. Faux outrage. But do continue. I'm sure some people are buying your Bullshite.

Must....protect....the republican....party

I'm sure the OP is valuable.. It's LIKELY that Ron Paul won the popular vote in MAINE caucus and the REP party leaders just wanted to give Mitt a needed boost at that time in the National press.

Don't need R. Maddow to validate this one..

Maine GOP says it will not release updated caucus results « 2012 Election Central

Report from The New American:

The Maine GOP declared the former Massachusetts Governor the narrow winner of the state's presidential caucus February 11, but Romney's 194-vote margin of victory over Texas Congressman Ron Paul is being whittled away as more results have been reported.

Moreover, the state's rural Washington County — along with a few other communities that postponed their caucuses February 11 — will hold the final caucuses Saturday, February 18 and may decide the victor of the non-binding straw poll.

But GOP Party Chairman Charlie Webster insists that he will not release updated results from the additional caucuses, even as he comes under increasing fire from his fellow Maine Republicans and national Ron Paul campaign officials. In results in the three counties that have been released to the public, Ron Paul won more votes than were reported in the official results. Webster claims that the missing votes — when all of them are counted — will favor Romney, and that he is not going to give the press access to updated results. “No one has access,” he told the Daily Caller February 15. “There will be no access. We will give it to the committee on March 10. We are not going to release them [the missing votes]. People can whine and complain and plead, but I’m not going to make them public.”

Webster admits there were clerical errors in the tally on February 11. “What I tell people is that I’m not going to fire my staff because they make clerical errors,” he told the Daily Caller. “My poor staffer is in tears, because people are harassing her.”
Boo Hoo for him right? An ADMISSION of hanky-panky right there..

HOWEVER -- it doesn't matter.. Maine is a "non-binding caucus" state. NO delegates are assigned by the popular vote. They are chosen at local caucus. And the candidates have to fight over these individuals to get delegates AFTER the election..

I know - I know --- the public perception is that this is a publically funded election -- validated by election officials of their hometowns ---- WRONG.. It's near anarchy and RIPE for tinkering with the results.

In fact -- IT'S a CLOSED PARTY MEETING and those who aren't active in that partys' business have little to say or complain about except the folks THEY elected to run it.

That's the way it is...

Maine’s weird, weeklong caucus - The Washington Post

Like Iowa, Colorado and Minnesota, Maine holds a non-binding caucus, so none of the state’s 24 GOP delegates are bound to vote for a candidate. The results being released Saturday are from a straw poll taken at each caucus that has no solid relation to the state delegates chosen. (The straw poll results from the four caucuses happening after Saturday will be left out.)

“We’re as nonbinding as you can get,” Quatrano added, explaining that at many caucuses every person who volunteers to be a delegate gets a spot.

But Paul’s camp is confident that delegate preferences in the caucus states will carry over to the state conventions.
Just another reason why people NEED MORE CHOICES when it comes to party politics. Because there's literally no where to go when the process becomes tainted or stinky..
Oh my goodness...it's worse than I had thought! that sob Webster also held the vote for delegates WITHOUT A QUORUM....he stuffed the delegates with romney guys and wouldn't let those gop'rs that were ron Paul supporters in the room when the election of delegates was taking place. and what is worse, is that the gop didn't throw webster out for all of his chaos and mistakes during the convention....

Last edited:

Must....protect....the republican....party

Projecting. But it's progress. Finally, a little honesty from you.

I'm sure the OP is valuable.. It's LIKELY that Ron Paul won the popular vote in MAINE caucus and the REP party leaders just wanted to give Mitt a needed boost at that time in the National press.

Maine GOP says it will not release updated caucus results « 2012 Election Central

Report from The New American:

The Maine GOP declared the former Massachusetts Governor the narrow winner of the state's presidential caucus February 11, but Romney's 194-vote margin of victory over Texas Congressman Ron Paul is being whittled away as more results have been reported.

Moreover, the state's rural Washington County — along with a few other communities that postponed their caucuses February 11 — will hold the final caucuses Saturday, February 18 and may decide the victor of the non-binding straw poll.

But GOP Party Chairman Charlie Webster insists that he will not release updated results from the additional caucuses, even as he comes under increasing fire from his fellow Maine Republicans and national Ron Paul campaign officials. In results in the three counties that have been released to the public, Ron Paul won more votes than were reported in the official results. Webster claims that the missing votes — when all of them are counted — will favor Romney, and that he is not going to give the press access to updated results. “No one has access,” he told the Daily Caller February 15. “There will be no access. We will give it to the committee on March 10. We are not going to release them [the missing votes]. People can whine and complain and plead, but I’m not going to make them public.”

Webster admits there were clerical errors in the tally on February 11. “What I tell people is that I’m not going to fire my staff because they make clerical errors,” he told the Daily Caller. “My poor staffer is in tears, because people are harassing her.”

HOWEVER -- it doesn't matter.. Maine is a "non-binding caucus" state. NO delegates are assigned by the popular vote. They are chosen at local caucus. And the candidates have to fight over these individuals to get delegates AFTER the election..

I know - I know --- the public perception is that this is a publically funded election -- validated by election officials of their hometowns ---- WRONG.. It's near anarchy and RIPE for tinkering with the results.

In fact -- IT'S a CLOSED PARTY MEETING and those who aren't active in that partys' business have little to say or complain about except the folks THEY elected to run it.

That's the way it is...

Maine’s weird, weeklong caucus - The Washington Post

Like Iowa, Colorado and Minnesota, Maine holds a non-binding caucus, so none of the state’s 24 GOP delegates are bound to vote for a candidate. The results being released Saturday are from a straw poll taken at each caucus that has no solid relation to the state delegates chosen. (The straw poll results from the four caucuses happening after Saturday will be left out.)

“We’re as nonbinding as you can get,” Quatrano added, explaining that at many caucuses every person who volunteers to be a delegate gets a spot.

But Paul’s camp is confident that delegate preferences in the caucus states will carry over to the state conventions.
Just another reason why people NEED MORE CHOICES when it comes to party politics. Because there's literally no where to go when the process becomes tainted or stinky..
Oh my goodness...it's worse than I had thought! that sob Webster also held the vote for delegates WITHOUT A QUORUM....he stuffed the delegates with romney guys and wouldn't let those gop'rs that were ron Paul supporters in the room when the election of delegates was taking place. and what is worse, is that the gop didn't throw webster out for all of his chaos and mistakes during the convention....

Why do you care? You're not a Ron Paul supporter or Republican? You hate Republicans. We get it. Why continue on with your faux outrage charade? You could care less about "the process" or Ron Paul. You're a partisan hack.

That's the way it is...

Why do you care? You're not a Ron Paul supporter or Republican? You hate Republicans. We get it. Why continue on with your faux outrage charade? You could care less about "the process" or Ron Paul. You're a partisan hack.

Gawd you are dumb.

Gawd you are dumb.

Oh look, another Democrat fraud pretending to be outraged.

Some here may be wondering why I have taken such a strong stance against Romney recently and apparent support for Obama...even though I just could not stomach voting for him after what the DNC did to Hillary....(another long story)

well, I'm going to tell you why....

It's because the GOP here in Maine Cheated. FLAT OUT CHEATED.
VOTER FRAUD.

Mainers or Mainiacs if you don't like us, are very independent people....they work hard with 2-3 jobs each, and mind their own business kind of people.

My husband is a life long Republican, he has voted in every election since he was 18 years old, local and national, primaries and elections....he's the most honest person I have ever met in my entire life, and I am not saying this because I love him and am married to him....anyone who knows him, knows this about him....he is liked by everyone he meets, Republican, Democrat, Libertarian.....you just can't help but like him...that's how he won me over :D, that and his music and some of the love songs he had written (another long story :) )

The hubby has a young, honest, friend, who used to be an employee of his...he worked with Matt until he got the job he wanted, being a Pastor. His name is Matthew also, Matthew McDonald. I am giving you his name because I want you to do some googling yourself, to read up on the situation here with the Maine Caucus and I certainly have Matthew McDonald's permission to shout what happened here in Maine with the GOP from the rooftops.

Matthew McDonald was elected the head of the Caucus for the GOP Caucus that took place in a small town called Belfast, Maine. Right before the Caucus, he got a phone call from the head of the GOP in Maine, as did ALL OTHER caucus heads for the GOP in Maine, and was told to NOT TO DO A PUBLIC COUNT on the caucus result and to just forward the votes to to the head quarters. Well, Matthew McDonald did not follow the GOP's request to not count the votes in public, and in his district, they counted the votes one by one, out loud in front of the voters and crowd, the vote went something like this.....8 votes for Ron Paul, 7 votes for Santorum, and 5 votes for Romney, then they forwarded them to the headquarters as requested. A few days later he went to the website where the votes were being displayed by district and he saw that they did not have any votes for his town or his county in the tally. He then called the party headquarters and asked why the votes for his small town were not showing...they hymned and hawed, for a bit, but then he asked them to tell him what the votes were that they had on Belfast....and the person came back and said something like 9 votes for Romney, 2 votes for Ron Paul and 5 votes for Santorum.....THEY CHEATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He then said to them, NOOOOOOOO, that is not what the vote tally came to....and the Gop person said nastily, HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT THIS IS WRONG?

(she or he felt confident in confronting Matthew McDonald on the vote tally because all the Caucus heads were INSTRUCTED BY THE GOP, TO NOT COUNT THEIR VOTES IN THE PUBLIC)

And he told her, because WE DID A PUBLIC COUNT, our votes were tallied in front of the citizens of the town. She or He about fell over....and could not hang up on him quick enough...

So, the GOP HERE IN MAINE, CHEATED to make Romney the winner...they PLANNED IT ahead of time by instructing the Caucus heads not to do a Public count.

RON PAUL WON MY STATE, NOT ROMNEY. It was set up to cheat, and give the State to Romney.

Then at their state convention in May, the GOP CHEATED AGAIN, and voted on the delegates to send to the national convention and did this WITHOUT A quorum....it was a madhouse and craziness that you would think only happens in movies...keeping the Ron Paul voters from choosing delegates to the electoral collage.....Ron Paul supporters were outraged. And somehow the gop romney supporters are suing for something, and Ron Paul voters are calling BS and a whole mess of things that I truly do not understand????maybe one of you guys who have participated in a Caucus before can make Reason out of this???

And also, the gop called the win for romney in a close race with Ron Paul right up there, before 1 county even voted. They had a pending snow storm and had to put their caucus voting off until later. Of which the GOP apologized for later on, but sheesh...whoopdee doo....

Matthew McDonald is just a kid to me...I think he is in his late 20's....and he's been thrown in to this mess, via his own honesty.

You would think this would have been front page news across this Nation....?

I realize that Maine is a low populated State and we really don't count for much in the overall picture of things but SINCE the gop CHEATED here in Maine, via telling their caucuses not to do a public count so they could CHANGE the republican voter's tallies, YOU KNOW these instruction to not do a public count, ALSO TOOK PLACE in other States.

Here are some links I found on the subject.....

these 2 are Rachel Maddow, i know, i know...ugh rachel maddow
Maddow -On Republican Election Vote Rigging (15-Feb-12)(1-2)(POLITICS IN ACTION series) - YouTube
Maddow -On Republican Election Vote Rigging (15-Feb-12)(2-2)(POLITICS IN ACTION series) - YouTube

Exclusive Report: GOP Chair. Matt McDonald talks to RevPac's Aaron Jones | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Civilians News - Civilians News Media - By the People For the People

Ron Paul supporters fight back as Romney backers allege voter fraud at Maine GOP convention — Politics — Bangor Daily News — BDN Maine

State committee votes to keep Maine GOP chairman Charlie Webster in place despite caucus mess — Politics — Bangor Daily News — BDN Maine

RP Supporter Chairman of Belfast Maine Caucus Calls State GOP to Confirm Vote Tally, result "not even close" to the actual vote! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regardless of what you may think of Ron Paul, this issue with Romney cheating is something I just can't stomach....it's how I felt when the DNC screwed Hillary. I'm sickened over it.

Honesty is the Best Policy....yes Honesty. And cheating is NOT ACCEPTABLE under ANY circumstance. You all may be able to go on with your lives, while the lies swirl around you....but as human being, who does care for other fellow human beings and the truth....this happening in my home State, has blown my faith in mankind.

I never doubted you would be supporting Obama over Romney due to your support of Obamacare.

I like how you spun it to seem like your support for Obama was now due to republican "shenanigans" though, classic :).
Care has represented herself truthfully for as long as I've seen her posting here. She was never a fan of Obama.

Negged.

I never doubted you would be supporting Obama over Romney due to your support of Obamacare.

I like how you spun it to seem like your support for Obama was now due to republican "shenanigans" though, classic :).

Wow. Could you be any more disingenuous you fucking partisan hack? :eusa_eh:

That's the way it is...

If Ron Paul wasn't a republican would you have supported him? What happened in Maine is a fact that the party can't run from. See also Georgia, South Carolina, Nevada, Washington, Oklahoma, Colorado, Missouri, Louisiana, and Minnesota. These are just off the top of my head. The cheating was sometimes flagrant like when they had a guy handing out false slates at the convention in an attempt to get delegates disqualified by being on multiple slates or shutting down the convention before delegates could be elected and then appointing them by committee later. Bussing in "guests" to the convention who then skewed the voice voting results then ignoring calls for standing head counts. Losing ballots, misreporting results, whisking away ballot boxes and counting votes in secret. There is also a strong case that electronic voting machines were hard coded to flip votes from Ron Paul to other candidates although this one is only proven through statistical analysis and exit polling and is more subtle. Then the RNC in violation of it's own rules started fundraising with Romney prior to getting permission from Ron Paul. It's not like it hadn't been going on all along anyway though. Not to mention the systematic marginilization of Dr. Paul through the use of the media and the "Conservative" pundits they had on and then ignoring him completely when he was speaking to crowds of thousands. Republicans are supposed to be the party of individual responsibility and it's high time they practiced what they preached and took responsibility for what is happening under their noses.

Gawd you are dumb.

Oh look, another Democrat fraud pretending to be outraged.

I don't belong to either party, dimwit...But thanks for the perfect illustration of what a total morAn you are. :eusa_clap:

Last edited:
Some here may be wondering why I have taken such a strong stance against Romney recently and apparent support for Obama...even though I just could not stomach voting for him after what the DNC did to Hillary....(another long story)

well, I'm going to tell you why....

It's because the GOP here in Maine Cheated. FLAT OUT CHEATED.
VOTER FRAUD.

Mainers or Mainiacs if you don't like us, are very independent people....they work hard with 2-3 jobs each, and mind their own business kind of people.

My husband is a life long Republican, he has voted in every election since he was 18 years old, local and national, primaries and elections....he's the most honest person I have ever met in my entire life, and I am not saying this because I love him and am married to him....anyone who knows him, knows this about him....he is liked by everyone he meets, Republican, Democrat, Libertarian.....you just can't help but like him...that's how he won me over :D, that and his music and some of the love songs he had written (another long story :) )

The hubby has a young, honest, friend, who used to be an employee of his...he worked with Matt until he got the job he wanted, being a Pastor. His name is Matthew also, Matthew McDonald. I am giving you his name because I want you to do some googling yourself, to read up on the situation here with the Maine Caucus and I certainly have Matthew McDonald's permission to shout what happened here in Maine with the GOP from the rooftops.

Matthew McDonald was elected the head of the Caucus for the GOP Caucus that took place in a small town called Belfast, Maine. Right before the Caucus, he got a phone call from the head of the GOP in Maine, as did ALL OTHER caucus heads for the GOP in Maine, and was told to NOT TO DO A PUBLIC COUNT on the caucus result and to just forward the votes to to the head quarters. Well, Matthew McDonald did not follow the GOP's request to not count the votes in public, and in his district, they counted the votes one by one, out loud in front of the voters and crowd, the vote went something like this.....8 votes for Ron Paul, 7 votes for Santorum, and 5 votes for Romney, then they forwarded them to the headquarters as requested. A few days later he went to the website where the votes were being displayed by district and he saw that they did not have any votes for his town or his county in the tally. He then called the party headquarters and asked why the votes for his small town were not showing...they hymned and hawed, for a bit, but then he asked them to tell him what the votes were that they had on Belfast....and the person came back and said something like 9 votes for Romney, 2 votes for Ron Paul and 5 votes for Santorum.....THEY CHEATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He then said to them, NOOOOOOOO, that is not what the vote tally came to....and the Gop person said nastily, HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT THIS IS WRONG?

(she or he felt confident in confronting Matthew McDonald on the vote tally because all the Caucus heads were INSTRUCTED BY THE GOP, TO NOT COUNT THEIR VOTES IN THE PUBLIC)

And he told her, because WE DID A PUBLIC COUNT, our votes were tallied in front of the citizens of the town. She or He about fell over....and could not hang up on him quick enough...

So, the GOP HERE IN MAINE, CHEATED to make Romney the winner...they PLANNED IT ahead of time by instructing the Caucus heads not to do a Public count.

RON PAUL WON MY STATE, NOT ROMNEY. It was set up to cheat, and give the State to Romney.

Then at their state convention in May, the GOP CHEATED AGAIN, and voted on the delegates to send to the national convention and did this WITHOUT A quorum....it was a madhouse and craziness that you would think only happens in movies...keeping the Ron Paul voters from choosing delegates to the electoral collage.....Ron Paul supporters were outraged. And somehow the gop romney supporters are suing for something, and Ron Paul voters are calling BS and a whole mess of things that I truly do not understand????maybe one of you guys who have participated in a Caucus before can make Reason out of this???

And also, the gop called the win for romney in a close race with Ron Paul right up there, before 1 county even voted. They had a pending snow storm and had to put their caucus voting off until later. Of which the GOP apologized for later on, but sheesh...whoopdee doo....

Matthew McDonald is just a kid to me...I think he is in his late 20's....and he's been thrown in to this mess, via his own honesty.

You would think this would have been front page news across this Nation....?

I realize that Maine is a low populated State and we really don't count for much in the overall picture of things but SINCE the gop CHEATED here in Maine, via telling their caucuses not to do a public count so they could CHANGE the republican voter's tallies, YOU KNOW these instruction to not do a public count, ALSO TOOK PLACE in other States.

Here are some links I found on the subject.....

these 2 are Rachel Maddow, i know, i know...ugh rachel maddow
Maddow -On Republican Election Vote Rigging (15-Feb-12)(1-2)(POLITICS IN ACTION series) - YouTube
Maddow -On Republican Election Vote Rigging (15-Feb-12)(2-2)(POLITICS IN ACTION series) - YouTube

Exclusive Report: GOP Chair. Matt McDonald talks to RevPac's Aaron Jones | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Civilians News - Civilians News Media - By the People For the People

Ron Paul supporters fight back as Romney backers allege voter fraud at Maine GOP convention — Politics — Bangor Daily News — BDN Maine

State committee votes to keep Maine GOP chairman Charlie Webster in place despite caucus mess — Politics — Bangor Daily News — BDN Maine

RP Supporter Chairman of Belfast Maine Caucus Calls State GOP to Confirm Vote Tally, result "not even close" to the actual vote! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regardless of what you may think of Ron Paul, this issue with Romney cheating is something I just can't stomach....it's how I felt when the DNC screwed Hillary. I'm sickened over it.

Honesty is the Best Policy....yes Honesty. And cheating is NOT ACCEPTABLE under ANY circumstance. You all may be able to go on with your lives, while the lies swirl around you....but as human being, who does care for other fellow human beings and the truth....this happening in my home State, has blown my faith in mankind.

Care has represented herself truthfully for as long as I've seen her posting here. She was never a fan of Obama.

Negged.

She's a Democrat and Hitlery supporter. She certainly isn't a Republican or Ron Paul supporter. She has misrepresented herself. She could care less about "the process" or Ron Paul. She just sees this as some sort of political gain for the Democrats. It's all just politically motivated faux outrage. It is what it is.

Don't send me private messages, asshole. Your message was deleted unread.

That's the way it is...

I may not be, but my husband is and his party doing this sickens him...which doubles my sickness over it.

You are the one who supports cheating, you've been very exacting and clear on the topic....and that is disgusting...please leave this country and go somewhere else, where cheating is prized.

Negged.

She's a Democrat and Hitlery supporter. She certainly isn't a Republican or Ron Paul supporter. She has misrepresented herself. She could care less about "the process" or Ron Paul. She just sees this as some sort of political gain for the Democrats. It's all just politically motivated faux outrage. It is what it is.

No one cares what you think, phony.

I may not be, but my husband is and his party doing this sickens him...which doubles my sickness over it.

You are the one who supports cheating, you've been very exacting and clear on the topic....and that is disgusting...please leave this country and go somewhere else, where cheating is prized.

I don't support cheating you little dipshit. And i'm not a faux outrage poser like you. You hate Republicans, you've made that very clear. This issue has nothing to do with you. You're just trying to score political points for your beloved Democrats. So i'm calling Bullshit. And i'll do it next time you come with Bullshit too. I don't care how many Neg-Reps i get from your little gang of douchebags. I love to bully bullies. It's a hobby of mine. :)

You guys are driving me nuts... Side bar talk:

You could care less = You care. Obviously. If you could care less, then you do care at some level considering it CAN GO DOWN.

You could NOT care less = It's not possible to care less, because you don't care at all.

I don't know exactly why but that drives me nuts. You aren't saying what you think you are.

Thank you... That is all.

Forum List

Back