The GOP and women's rights.

You're still blowing smoke, Listy...and you'll continue to do so because you neither have the brains or the guts to directly address the information contained in the OP link.

I addressed the OP by saying it does not add up to a war. All you can do is keep repeating the same line over and over again. Ask someone smarter than you to help you get out of this do loop.

This is why the GOP uses dopey asses like you to get into power and then screw you over....

Yes, the obligatory lecture that start off with the condesending address......like we didn't see that one coming.

Oh, BTW: this is a conclusion.....let's see the supporting argument.

but God forbid your sister, wife, mother gets raped and the BS the GOP is pushing forces her to have that baby (whether it endangers her life or not)...because then all this ideological BS of yours will fly right out the window (or she'll say fuck you and move to a state where she has the option of abortion).

Absent any information about my personal life...he is making assumptions about what has or has not gone on in my past or in the pasts of the women in my life.

And he is also making assumptions about how I might respond.

You see, it falls into the same sequence each time you discuss this with a zealot. The more you say "well, you are not the smartest guy on the block" or "there are different ways to look at things"...the more they will get personal and rant and rave and foam and spit and piss.......

Go to sleep now, Listy.

And now he presupposed how to tell me how to run my life.

Now, IF that isn't typical.

I won't do the same for you, but I would suggest that you might consider having sex with yourself. My assumption is that you will get more pleasure of that than you will not getting your way on this board.

For Tai? Yes. For you? Not so much.

And now we have the ever present, mindless left wing cheerleaders who have to step in to support the combatants with supporting words.

Kinda like the nurse in the war movies that tell people they will be alright, knowing full good and well they won't live another five minutes.

Nice try.

Darkwind can attempt to spam this thread with every neocon/teabagger opinion piece until doomsday....but they STILL cannot logically or factually refute or disprove the information contained in the OP. It's entertaining to see Darkwind parrot the SOS you hear on right wing radio, or read in the biased drivel of Malkin. Carry on.

Check and Mate.

Really?

MediaMatters...the Soros Propaganda arm of the Progressive-Communist party

click on that link at your own risk folks..

Ahhh Stephanie, the little neocon/teabagger monkey who sees, speaks and hears no "evil"...."evil" being whatever Rove and/or Drudge tell her it is.

What's the matter Steph....no brains or guts to review the CONTENT of the links? Any asshole can deny information just based on a title....it's a whole other story to logically and factually validate your accusations.

Come on, Steph....got the guts?

Perhaps you should understand what is happening first.

Check and Mate.

Really?

Ahhh Stephanie, the little neocon/teabagger monkey who sees, speaks and hears no "evil"...."evil" being whatever Rove and/or Drudge tell her it is.

What's the matter Steph....no brains or guts to review the CONTENT of the links? Any asshole can deny information just based on a title....it's a whole other story to logically and factually validate your accusations.

Yes.....

Someone says MediaMatters is a disqualification....and CowDung screams bloody murder.

But has no problem dismissing the right........without addressing the info itself.

And then turns around and says...it does not refute the info in the OP.

The OP claims there is a GOP war on women and seems to totally rely on a MediaMatters article.

MediaMatters can produce no articles of war...no declaration of war.....no evidence that the GOP woke up one day and formally said "we henceforth declare war on women". Instead they must pull together the antics of some rather insane state legislators (many of which are zealots in thier own right....knowing full good and well this stuff won't pass or stand up in court...but having been emboldened by the cultural battling of Rick S), and say this is universal and consequential part of the "GOP".

It boggles the mind.

Really?

Yes.....

Someone says MediaMatters is a disqualification....and CowDung screams bloody murder.

But has no problem dismissing the right........without addressing the info itself.

And then turns around and says...it does not refute the info in the OP.

The OP claims there is a GOP war on women and seems to totally rely on a MediaMatters article.

MediaMatters can produce no articles of war...no declaration of war.....no evidence that the GOP woke up one day and formally said "we henceforth declare war on women". Instead they must pull together the antics of some rather insane state legislators (many of which are zealots in thier own right....knowing full good and well this stuff won't pass or stand up in court...but having been emboldened by the cultural battling of Rick S), and say this is universal and consequential part of the "GOP".

It boggles the mind.
It was simplicity itself that he would take the bait. I've seen them do this time and again for over two decades.

Its like the FoxNews argument. It isn't the truth if FoxNews reports it, but media matters (a blog spot) is the gospel that cannot be refuted.

They make it to easy.

I'll even bet there is an excuse on why it doesn't have to listen to right wing teaparty propaganda because, and get this, somone's opinion at media matters, or msnbc, or jon stewart, has said that FoxNews lies.

All with opinionated drivel masquerading as facts.

Oh well. Sometimes it is just too easy.

See you later.

Darkwind can attempt to spam this thread with every neocon/teabagger opinion piece until doomsday....but they STILL cannot logically or factually refute or disprove the information contained in the OP. It's entertaining to see Darkwind parrot the SOS you hear on right wing radio, or read in the biased drivel of Malkin. Carry on.

Check and Mate.

Folk like Listy and Darkwind are living examples of the intellectual dishonesty that the current GOP politicos and pundits depend on when they push their propaganda onto their willfully ignorant audience.

They don't have the guts to honestly discuss in the open the information that contradicts their little mantras....so instead they just squawk generalities of dislike for the source site, the author of the thread, and then they build on that as if it's an adequate substitute for a rational, fact based discussion. And they feel if they keep parroting this tactic ad nauseum and have the last word, that's a "victory".

Poor fools just keep giving the GOP what it wants....power over them in every conceivable manner. Then when the wind whistles up their shorts, they'll blame anyone else BUT themselves and the people they put in power.

But the truth is always their foil.

Check and Mate.

Folk like Listy and Darkwind are living examples of the intellectual dishonesty that the current GOP politicos and pundits depend on when they push their propaganda onto their willfully ignorant audience.

Ahhh, now the masterzealot much instruct the cheerleader.

What we have is the constant use of the phrase "intellectual dishonesty". Which sounds so righteous and can engulf the mindless in a warm blanket of assurance that the teacher actually knows what he is talking about. So here we go.

The first is to propaganda.....

1. information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc.
2. the deliberate spreading of such information, rumors, etc.
3. the particular doctrines or principles propagated by an organization or movement.

....but, it was the OP claim that the GOP is declaring war on women. People in the GOP are simply trying to pass bills. This is what legislators do. This isn't sharing of ideas...it is an attempt at the democratic process. MediaMatters, er....the pureMediaMatters somehow conflates that into a "war on women". Who defines what is a war. If I were sixteen I might think some people had declared war on me because of what I can't do ? Who decides ? Well in this case, the teacher along with MediaMatters. And if you don't agree with them on their "ideas" of a war (propaganda)...well, you are gulity of....of....well, of propaganda.

Now, the GOP never called me up and said "back us up on this, would you ?". Which is the only way I can see being guilty of willful ignorance (had I indeed backed them up on it). But then I would have only been guilty of backing them up on their attempts to be democratic. I don't recall getting a printed piece that said anything about why this needed to be done or why they felt it was important. Nobody asked me. But I am willfully ignorant.

They don't have the guts to honestly discuss in the open the information that contradicts their little mantras....[/QUOTE]

What little mantra would that be ? That we are at war with women and half the women we are at war with are.....ON OUR SIDE ? I don't recall signing up for that one.

Someone shoves a thesis at you that says "This is the assertion" and we want to debate it....but we will set the standards and we will determine when the criteria for said claims have been met. Accepting such a position...would not only be liberal....it would also be mindless.

[so instead they just squawk generalities of dislike for the source site, the author of the thread, and then they build on that as if it's an adequate substitute for a rational, fact based discussion. And they feel if they keep parroting this tactic ad nauseum and have the last word, that's a "victory".

Or we could follow the teachers example and simply say "We handed so-and-so's ass to him" hoping the mindless student would not realize we were the same as the Black Knight on Monty Python. And speaking of constant bleating....terms like neocon/teabagger don't count.

[Poor fools just keep giving the GOP what it wants....power over them in every conceivable manner. Then when the wind whistles up their shorts, they'll blame anyone else BUT themselves and the people they put in power.

Having bludgeoned the cheerleader into boredome or I.Q. loss...the outright lies can start. And the teacher falls right in line with the playbook.

[But the truth is always their foil.

Yes, "the truth"....or should we say "the truth as defined taichidickweed"......

It's one of the pitfalls of being a cheerleader.

The "You betcha" of the OP has already been challenged.

Events described have not been disputed as near as I can tell. Simply the insistance on the part of some as to what it means.

I guess it remains to be seen if the spittle-blinded teacher can actually somehow do something besides sound like a dumbassed broken record.

And yet another poll from the same time period has the Warren-Brown race at nearly a dead heat: Poll: Brown, Warren neck-and-neck in Massachusetts Senate race - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

So much for Malkin's supposition and conjecture regarding the "war on women" being a negative in the race.....and I would be REAL interested in watching Maulkin trying to deny the FACTS contained in my OP link.

Darkwind blows smoke as usual.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Your facts don't add up to your conclusion.

I hope you write MediaMatters and explain to them that they need some help in pulling together an argument that actually sounds like an argument.

Check and Mate.

They don't have the guts to honestly discuss in the open the information that contradicts their little mantras....so instead they just squawk generalities of dislike for the source site, the author of the thread, and then they build on that as if it's an adequate substitute for a rational, fact based discussion. And they feel if they keep parroting this tactic ad nauseum and have the last word, that's a "victory".

Poor fools just keep giving the GOP what it wants....power over them in every conceivable manner. Then when the wind whistles up their shorts, they'll blame anyone else BUT themselves and the people they put in power.

I know. I don't have anybody on ignore this journey through, but I surely do make use of the 'recognize avatar and hit scroll' option.

I know. I don't have anybody on ignore this journey through, but I surely do make use of the 'recognize avatar and hit scroll' option.

Which translates into.....I am willfully ignorant !!!

How fitting !

:lol::lol::lol:

Why would you want both sides of the story when you mind is already made up even though your combatant keeps begging for what she calls a debate ?

:doubt::doubt::doubt:

From the OP:

Right-wing media are claiming that a Republican "war on women" is "phony" and "invented" by the left to distract attention from issues such as the economy and gas prices.

But Republicans throughout the country have indeed pushed a plethora of legislation during the past few years that would result in

1. limiting women's reproductive rights,

2. access to health care access,

3. and access to equal pay;

4. moreover, right-wing media themselves launched a bullying campaign against Georgetown law student Sandra Fluke after she testified in favor of expanded contraception coverage.

THIS IS THE ARGUMENT !!!

1. Limiting womens reproductive rights (meaning getting into the abortion discussion.....BFD). This has been going on for how long ????

2. Access to access ???? O.K. I've assumed they meany access to health care....... Women are univerally being cut off from all access to health care by all providers ??? No. Anyone who read this knows just what is going on without reading more. Let me guess.....lawmakers are cutting off funds to providers who also provide.....wait for it....ABORTIONS !!!! See 1. Else the GOP has plank in it's platform that specifically says we are out to screw half our members out of health care. If that is in there, I will be very surprised. But, I'll keep an open mind.

3. Access to equal pay. This has been a worn out argument for decades. Seems no one has been able to fix it. Or it might just be that that it is bogus. What this is talking about is a single effort in Wisconsin that is taking a law off the books. One state !!! The GOPers I talk to, don't give a hoot and wonder why the vulnerable Walker feels inclined to piss off more people at this stage in his fight. But, in the end.....does he have the whole GOP going nuts saying "Go Scott Go" ???? One state...one law...and it does not leave women without recourse....but it does keep it out of the courts....one state....and that makes it part of a GOP "war". :doubt"

4. Rush Limbaugh, not liked by a great many on the right, launched on Sandra Fluke. He's a dumbass. She's a dumbass too. Oh, and another far right winger with a TV audience of about 3.5 million (100 million voted in the last POTUS election) named Hannity got involved too. (akin to Mr. Ed's Ass calling Laura Ingrahm a slut...but Mr. Ed's Ass has had Fluke on his show a couple of times....does that make him a hypocrite ?) This one incident makes it a war !!!!

You betcha !

A quick dissection of this piece:

Proponents of abortion state that abortion is about "choice." Yet when the opportunity arose in the state Legislature to at least limit the abortion coercion that occurs all too frequently, it became a "war on women." All this common-sense legislation does is require the abortionist to determine, in private, if the woman is being coerced. Is it always a loved one who accompanies a woman to the abortion clinic, or is it someone who threatens the woman and wants to be present to make sure she has the abortion? Isn't coerced abortion the real war on women?

So we are to ASSUME that a woman seeking an abortion is being "coerced". Why? What proof does this author offer other than sheer speculation? Seems her tactic is that if you think it, it must be so. :cuckoo:

The Food and Drug Administration reports that 14 women have died during RU-486 chemical abortions. That statistic bears repeating: 14 American women have died during RU-486 chemical abortions. Yet somehow it is a "war on women" when a law is passed to ensure that the woman seeking an RU-486 abortion actually have an in-person physical exam, not a conversation over a webcam, and that she return to the abortion provider for follow-up. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration, National Abortion Federation and the American College of OB-GYNs all recommend the physical exam and provider follow-up as protocol for medical abortions. Is protecting the safety, health and lives of women really a war on women?

RU-486 has been in public distribution since 1993. There are deaths accounting in the THOUSANDS regarding OTC in general, yet no outcry from the author or her ilk. Deaths are regrettable and in an ideal world ALL drugs would be taken off market until they are guaranteed zero chance of fatalities...but that is not the case. Again, information is available regarding risk factors...and here's a little history of the drug:

History of RU-486

The rest of the opinion piece is a rehash of bizarre comparisons between China, India and the USA...as if America is of a standard of the 3rd world status of much of India's medical treatment of their population, or China's draconian dictates.

And again, NOTHING in this article disproves the information provided in the OP link.

The Darkwind blows smoke as usual.

Check and Mate.

Really?

Well Windy, to date neither you, Listy or any other right wing/conservative person has actually discussed the contents of the link provided in OP. Yet you're all shooting off your beaks.

As the chronology of the posts shows, I have no fear in reading what's been offered as proof of someone's assertions and opinions in order to have a logical, rational fact based discussion. That's how they taught me in school anyway.

Let me know when you can follow suit.

Really?

Well Windy, to date neither you, Listy or any other right wing/conservative person has actually discussed the contents of the link provided in OP. Yet you're all shooting off your beaks.

As the chronology of the posts shows, I have no fear in reading what's been offered as proof of someone's assertions and opinions in order to have a logical, rational fact based discussion. That's how they taught me in school anyway.

Let me know when you can follow suit.

#312 dickweed.

If your claim is based on your frustration that we don't bend to the idea that there is no GOP war on women.....tough luck.

BTW: He stood you up and laid you out.

Last edited:
From the OP:

Right-wing media are claiming that a Republican "war on women" is "phony" and "invented" by the left to distract attention from issues such as the economy and gas prices.

But Republicans throughout the country have indeed pushed a plethora of legislation during the past few years that would result in

4. moreover, right-wing media themselves launched a bullying campaign against Georgetown law student Sandra Fluke after she testified in favor of expanded contraception coverage.

THIS IS THE ARGUMENT !!!

1. Limiting womens reproductive rights (meaning getting into the abortion discussion.....BFD). This has been going on for how long ????

2. Access to access ???? O.K. I've assumed they meany access to health care....... Women are univerally being cut off from all access to health care by all providers ??? No. Anyone who read this knows just what is going on without reading more. Let me guess.....lawmakers are cutting off funds to providers who also provide.....wait for it....ABORTIONS !!!! See 1. Else the GOP has plank in it's platform that specifically says we are out to screw half our members out of health care. If that is in there, I will be very surprised. But, I'll keep an open mind.

3. Access to equal pay. This has been a worn out argument for decades. Seems no one has been able to fix it. Or it might just be that that it is bogus. What this is talking about is a single effort in Wisconsin that is taking a law off the books. One state !!! The GOPers I talk to, don't give a hoot and wonder why the vulnerable Walker feels inclined to piss off more people at this stage in his fight. But, in the end.....does he have the whole GOP going nuts saying "Go Scott Go" ???? One state...one law...and it does not leave women without recourse....but it does keep it out of the courts....one state....and that makes it part of a GOP "war". :doubt"

4. Rush Limbaugh, not liked by a great many on the right, launched on Sandra Fluke. He's a dumbass. She's a dumbass too. Oh, and another far right winger with a TV audience of about 3.5 million (100 million voted in the last POTUS election) named Hannity got involved too. (akin to Mr. Ed's Ass calling Laura Ingrahm a slut...but Mr. Ed's Ass has had Fluke on his show a couple of times....does that make him a hypocrite ?) This one incident makes it a war !!!!

You betcha !

Fascinating how Listy gives HIS version of the contents of the link provided. Notice that Listy DOES NOT address these direct quotes:

In May 2011, House GOP Passed Bill That Would Ban D.C. Reproductive Funding. In May 2011, House Republicans unanimously passed the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act, which created a "ban on the District [of Columbia] using its own money to fund abortions for low-income women." From The Washington Post:

The House approved a bill Wednesday that would make permanent a ban on the District using its own money to fund abortions for low-income women, dealing D.C. another setback in its quest to retain control over its finances.

The No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act cleared the House on a 251-175 vote, with 16 Democrats joining all 235 Republicans present to support it. The bill would tighten laws designed to prevent federally-funded abortions across the country, and would enshrine the District ban into federal law. The spending resolution signed by President Obama last month contains a similar restriction on D.C., but it only lasts through Sept. 30. [The Washington Post, 5/4/11]

Pennsylvania GOP Proposed "Invasive" Ultrasound Bill. In February, Republicans in the Pennsylvania State House introduced legislation requiring that "medical professionals say women would have to undergo an invasive, vaginal ultrasound." From PennLive.com:

Under the bill in Pennsylvania, medical professionals say women would have to undergo an invasive, vaginal ultrasound. That prospect is drawing outrage among supporters of abortion rights.

[...]

The bill, proposed by Rep. Kathy Rapp, a conservative Republican from Warren County, outlines what women seeking an abortion would undergo in great detail.

The bill requires that the woman not only get an ultrasound, but that the ultrasound screen be in her line of sight. The woman can choose to look away, the legislation states, but the technician performing the ultrasound would have to note if the woman viewed the results.

The patient would also have to hear the results of the physician's finding, sign a written report to give to the abortion provider, and receive a sealed copy of the ultrasound's image.

On March 2, The New York Times noted that the State House majority leader canceled debate on the bill "follow[ing] a national uproar over a similar proposal in Virginia":

The State House majority leader announced on Thursday that a bill requiring ultrasounds before abortions would not be considered soon. The shift followed a national uproar over a similar proposal in Virginia, which as originally worded would have forced women to have vaginal ultrasounds. The majority leader, Mike Turzai, a Republican, canceled a debate on a bill that critics said would require invasive procedures and interfere with doctor-patient relations. A spokesman, Stephen Miskin, said, "Until there is a consensus within the House and the medical community, it won't be scheduled for a vote." [PennLive.com, 2/29/12; The New York Times, 3/2/12]

Georgia GOP Cuts Option For Abortion Services After 20 Weeks. In March, Georgia Republicans passed a bill that would have "cut by about six weeks the time women in Georgia may have an elective abortion." According to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the bill "would tighten medical exemptions for terminating pregnancies and require any abortion performed after 20 weeks of pregnancy be done in a way to bring the fetus out alive. No exemption is made for rape or incest":

As originally written by its sponsor, state Rep. Doug McKillip, R-Athens, the proposal would have cut by about six weeks the time women in Georgia may have an elective abortion. The Senate's changes forced into the bill an exemption for "medically futile" pregnancies, giving doctors the option to perform an abortion past 20 weeks when a fetus has congenital or chromosomal defects.

Although the House -- including McKillip and House Speaker David Ralston, R-Blue Ridge -- initially balked, they agreed Thursday to move forward with a compromise. It was to include a definition in the bill describing what "medically futile" means: Profound and "irremediable" anomalies that would be "incompatible with sustaining life after birth."

[...]

Commonly referred to as a "fetal pain" bill, House Bill 954 would tighten medical exemptions for terminating pregnancies and require any abortion performed after 20 weeks of pregnancy be done in a way to bring the fetus out alive. No exemption is made for rape or incest. The measure says that a fetus can feel pain at 20 weeks, therefore the state has an interest in protecting it. [The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, 3/29/12]

Republican "War On Women" Is Not A Left-Wing Invention | Media Matters for America

Clearly you have the GOP across the country inacting laws that DIRECTLY intervene between a doctors and patients, and for women to have clear access and CHOICE regarding medical procedures. Funny that, being how the whole platform for the GOP since Reagan to date was "to get the gov't off the people's backs".

Yep a "war" on women, because the GOP is using political/legislative force their viewpoint on a wide scale to deny a specific group of people their choice of medical treatment (among other things), as indicated by the samples I give above.

Once again, reality puts the kibosh on Listy's biased and myopic view of the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. But Listy will continue to deny, lie, distort, misrepresent and dodge as usual....because Listy values his personal opinion over FACTS AND DETAILS. Let's watch! :lol:

Last edited:
From the OP:

THIS IS THE ARGUMENT !!!

You betcha !

Fascinating how Listy gives HIS version of the contents of the link provided. Notice that Listy DOES NOT address these direct quotes:

In May 2011, House GOP Passed Bill That Would Ban D.C. Reproductive Funding. In May 2011, House Republicans unanimously passed the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act, which created a "ban on the District [of Columbia] using its own money to fund abortions for low-income women." From The Washington Post:

The House approved a bill Wednesday that would make permanent a ban on the District using its own money to fund abortions for low-income women, dealing D.C. another setback in its quest to retain control over its finances.

The No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act cleared the House on a 251-175 vote, with 16 Democrats joining all 235 Republicans present to support it. The bill would tighten laws designed to prevent federally-funded abortions across the country, and would enshrine the District ban into federal law. The spending resolution signed by President Obama last month contains a similar restriction on D.C., but it only lasts through Sept. 30. [The Washington Post, 5/4/11]

Pennsylvania GOP Proposed "Invasive" Ultrasound Bill. In February, Republicans in the Pennsylvania State House introduced legislation requiring that "medical professionals say women would have to undergo an invasive, vaginal ultrasound." From PennLive.com:

Under the bill in Pennsylvania, medical professionals say women would have to undergo an invasive, vaginal ultrasound. That prospect is drawing outrage among supporters of abortion rights.

[...]

The bill, proposed by Rep. Kathy Rapp, a conservative Republican from Warren County, outlines what women seeking an abortion would undergo in great detail.

The bill requires that the woman not only get an ultrasound, but that the ultrasound screen be in her line of sight. The woman can choose to look away, the legislation states, but the technician performing the ultrasound would have to note if the woman viewed the results.

The patient would also have to hear the results of the physician's finding, sign a written report to give to the abortion provider, and receive a sealed copy of the ultrasound's image.

On March 2, The New York Times noted that the State House majority leader canceled debate on the bill "follow[ing] a national uproar over a similar proposal in Virginia":

The State House majority leader announced on Thursday that a bill requiring ultrasounds before abortions would not be considered soon. The shift followed a national uproar over a similar proposal in Virginia, which as originally worded would have forced women to have vaginal ultrasounds. The majority leader, Mike Turzai, a Republican, canceled a debate on a bill that critics said would require invasive procedures and interfere with doctor-patient relations. A spokesman, Stephen Miskin, said, "Until there is a consensus within the House and the medical community, it won't be scheduled for a vote." [PennLive.com, 2/29/12; The New York Times, 3/2/12]

Georgia GOP Cuts Option For Abortion Services After 20 Weeks. In March, Georgia Republicans passed a bill that would have "cut by about six weeks the time women in Georgia may have an elective abortion." According to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the bill "would tighten medical exemptions for terminating pregnancies and require any abortion performed after 20 weeks of pregnancy be done in a way to bring the fetus out alive. No exemption is made for rape or incest":

As originally written by its sponsor, state Rep. Doug McKillip, R-Athens, the proposal would have cut by about six weeks the time women in Georgia may have an elective abortion. The Senate's changes forced into the bill an exemption for "medically futile" pregnancies, giving doctors the option to perform an abortion past 20 weeks when a fetus has congenital or chromosomal defects.

Although the House -- including McKillip and House Speaker David Ralston, R-Blue Ridge -- initially balked, they agreed Thursday to move forward with a compromise. It was to include a definition in the bill describing what "medically futile" means: Profound and "irremediable" anomalies that would be "incompatible with sustaining life after birth."

[...]

Commonly referred to as a "fetal pain" bill, House Bill 954 would tighten medical exemptions for terminating pregnancies and require any abortion performed after 20 weeks of pregnancy be done in a way to bring the fetus out alive. No exemption is made for rape or incest. The measure says that a fetus can feel pain at 20 weeks, therefore the state has an interest in protecting it. [The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, 3/29/12]

Republican "War On Women" Is Not A Left-Wing Invention | Media Matters for America

Clearly you have the GOP across the country inacting laws that DIRECTLY intervene between a doctors and patients, and for women to have clear access and CHOICE regarding medical procedures. Funny that, being how the whole platform for the GOP since Reagan to date was "to get the gov't off the people's backs".

Yep a "war" on women, because the GOP is using political/legislative force their viewpoint on a wide scale to deny a specific group of people their choice of medical treatment (among other things), as indicated by the samples I give above.

Once again, reality puts the kibosh on Listy's biased and myopic view of the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. But Listy will continue to deny, lie, distort, misrepresent and dodge as usual....because Listy values his personal opinion over FACTS AND DETAILS. Let's watch! :lol:

The purpose of this type of ‘legislation’ is to provoke a lawsuit challenging such restrictions as exceeding the ‘undue burden’ standard established in Casey, with the goal of overturning Griswold/Roe/Casey by the Supreme Court.

That this will undermine or perhaps destroy one’s right to privacy – giving greater power to the states at the expense of individual liberty – is clearly of no concern to conservatives.

Boring.......

Do we bring in Obama's transparency lie to this or can we just stay with what was posted.

"Clearly".....you have state legislators doing what they do. So what ? Don't like it...take them out of office. To do that...you'll need women to vote against them. if you can't get women to vote agains them then either there is not war or you really are calling women stupid. Which is it ?

One very old and tired issue.

Ho hum.....

"Off to war, men....and you women too.....whoops....we just declared war on women....what are you doing here ????

Once again, reality puts the kibosh on Listy's biased and myopic view of the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Yes, the fact that almost half the women in this country are for robbing themselves of those things you keep bleating about......that is pretty myopic. That these legislatures are doing this is not in dispute. That you need to call it a war so justify creaming your jeans on a frequent basis is no reason for anyone to buy into your zealot point of view.

But Listy will continue to deny, lie, distort, misrepresent and dodge as usual....because Listy values his personal opinion over FACTS AND DETAILS. Let's watch! :lol:

Which is knows as poisoning the well on the part of CowDungLiberal...meaning....she might not be winning this argument so she needs to somehow slant opinion against her oponent lest people actually read what they post. Are we going to get a different post this next time around ? Who's watching ? As near as I can tell nobody.

Boring.......

Do we bring in Obama's transparency lie to this or can we just stay with what was posted.

"Clearly".....you have state legislators doing what they do. So what ? Don't like it...take them out of office. To do that...you'll need women to vote against them. if you can't get women to vote agains them then either there is not war or you really are calling women stupid. Which is it ?

One very old and tired issue.

Ho hum.....

"Off to war, men....and you women too.....whoops....we just declared war on women....what are you doing here ????

Yes, the fact that almost half the women in this country are for robbing themselves of those things you keep bleating about......that is pretty myopic. That these legislatures are doing this is not in dispute. That you need to call it a war so justify creaming your jeans on a frequent basis is no reason for anyone to buy into your zealot point of view.

Which is knows as poisoning the well on the part of CowDungLiberal...meaning....she might not be winning this argument so she needs to somehow slant opinion against her oponent lest people actually read what they post. Are we going to get a different post this next time around ? Who's watching ? As near as I can tell nobody.

And once again folks, we see Listy AVOID the FACTS in the Media Matters link that PROVE the GOP's "war on women" with regards to using gov't powers to intervene, restrict and/or deny a woman's right to private consultation with their doctor and to a medical procedure.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/5194104-post317.html

This proves what an intellectually dishonest and willfully ignorant neocon/teabagger parrot Listy is. Yeah, Listy's all about freedom from the evil, oppressive Obama gov't but has NO problem with the GOP driven State FORCING a woman to endure intrusive procedures or outright deny her personal right to determine whether she should terminate a pregnancy regardless of the circumstances. Hypocrit!

No sense in my continuing to respond to Listy, who is nothing more than an ideologically driven crank who can't debate worth a damn.

Forum List

Back