The genius of the UN's resolution on Israeli settlements

Yeah right, self-government under military occupation and martial law imposed by foreigners. That makes sense. What a clown you are.

They are ENCOURAGED to do so. By the US and Israel.

There is currently no one to negotiate with. Or is Netanyahu supposed to ring Monte,Fanger,Tinmore, and Penelope for talks? :happy-1:

Israel builds a wall separating Palestinians from each other, imprisons their leaders using sham charges, they patrol the streets with armed soldiers, yeah right any people could establish self-government under those conditions. Unbelievable.
giphy.gif

Israel is building a wall separating their knives from our necks.

Both Labor and Likud governments have funded settlers, many religious extremists, and gifted them the best land.

Meanwhile, Palestinians are denied building approval for homes, even a chicken coop. If in Area C they throw up a granny flat it's promptly demolished by army bulldozers.

There is no rational basis in history, logic or law for calling Israel's communities in Judea and Samaria illegal, and the Palestinians, at the urging of European ngo's, continue to put up buildings without first going through the process of applying for permits. Israeli building that go up without proper permits are also demolished. The only possible purpose of the resolution is to intensify the conflict and create more suffering for everyone while changing nothing on the ground.

On the bright side, outrage over this resolution will strengthen US support for Israel and diminish US support for the UN.

Just as in the US when you try and build without the correct permits, your building gets demolished and you get the bill.
Do I need a permit from Canada to build in Ohio?

No one is listening to you, because you don't even recognize Israel proper in its 1967 lines.
The 1967 lines are not political or territorial borders as per the UN.

So why do you say they are, and that Israel should withdraw to them. You also use them as the international borders of palestine that never existed outside of your fantasy world

After all these years, Phoenell, do you not know Tinmore's position? He thinks Israel should not exist at all, even within the 1967 lines.

I know that, which is why I point out that he is denying the Jews their rights and that international law does not apply to them when it supports and defnds their actions

P F Tinmore, et al,

This is somewhat correct.

(COMMENT)

Until such time as the Arab Palestinians come to a Peace Agreement with Israel, the Palestinians have:

• NO Border,
• NO Sovereignty

I ask again! What is the border for Palestine? And don't give me that the boundary of the territory formerly under Mandate.

Most Respectfully,
R

Or his other one that he got from hamas

from the north to the south
from the river to the sea
that is the arab nation of palestine

No one is listening to you, because you don't even recognize Israel proper in its 1967 lines.

So why do you say they are, and that Israel should withdraw to them. You also use them as the international borders of palestine that never existed outside of your fantasy world

After all these years, Phoenell, do you not know Tinmore's position? He thinks Israel should not exist at all, even within the 1967 lines.

Argueing with Tinmore is like argueing with a mollusk. There is no point.

\unless you are going to eat it of course

Yeah right, self-government under military occupation and martial law imposed by foreigners. That makes sense. What a clown you are.

They are ENCOURAGED to do so. By the US and Israel.

There is currently no one to negotiate with. Or is Netanyahu supposed to ring Monte,Fanger,Tinmore, and Penelope for talks? :happy-1:

Israel builds a wall separating Palestinians from each other, imprisons their leaders using sham charges, they patrol the streets with armed soldiers, yeah right any people could establish self-government under those conditions. Unbelievable.
giphy.gif

Like Germany and Japan did after WW2

P F Tinmore, et al,

(COMMENT)

Until such time as the Arab Palestinians come to a Peace Agreement with Israel, the Palestinians have:

• NO Border,
• NO Sovereignty

I ask again! What is the border for Palestine? And don't give me that the boundary of the territory formerly under Mandate.

Most Respectfully,
R
Palestine has international borders.

The Mandate was an administration not a place. It had no territory.

You are just hawking Israeli propaganda.

P F Tinmore, et al,

(COMMENT)

• NO Border,
• NO Sovereignty

Most Respectfully,
R

Or his other one that he got from hamas

from the north to the south
from the river to the sea
that is the arab nation of palestine
That is not just Hamas.

P F Tinmore,

OK, You make this claim; but you never defend it.

P F Tinmore, et al,

(COMMENT)

• NO Border,
• NO Sovereignty

Most Respectfully,
R

(QUESTION)

IF you claim Palestine has International Borders; THEN what are they?

IF you cannot identify the border and the sovereignty, THEN quite making the claim...

Remember, the territory of Palestine during the Mandate Period was an artificial construct made by the Allied Powers --- not made by the Arabs; as is all the adjacent countries except Egypt.

Most Respectfully,
R

P F Tinmore,

OK, You make this claim; but you never defend it.

P F Tinmore, et al,

(COMMENT)

• NO Border,
• NO Sovereignty

Most Respectfully,
R

(QUESTION)

IF you claim Palestine has International Borders; THEN what are they?

IF you cannot identify the border and the sovereignty, THEN quite making the claim...

Remember, the territory of Palestine during the Mandate Period was an artificial construct made by the Allied Powers --- not made by the Arabs; as is all the adjacent countries except Egypt.

Most Respectfully,
R
The international borders of all of the new states in the region were defined by post war treaties. All of them were under a mandate. I have seen nothing that exempts Palestine.

P F Tinmore, et al,

Of course you do not see any exemption. What nonsense!

The international borders of all of the new states in the region were defined by post war treaties. All of them were under a mandate. I have seen nothing that exempts Palestine.
(COMMENT)

The Treaty of Lausanne did not create any new boundaries in the Middle East. All the International Boundaries of the territories under Mandate either existed before the Treaty, or were a product of decisions made by the Allied Powers; with the exception of the of the Jordanian-Saudi Treaty.

The current and existing boundaries understandings around Israel are based on:

• The Jordan-Israel Peace Treaty was signed on October 26, 1994,
• The Government of the Arab Republic of Egypt and the Government of the State of Israel, 26 March 1979
• The Letter of Implementation of Security Council resolution 425 (1978) and the verification of Israel’s withdrawal to the international boundaries, 12 June 2000 from the Permanent Representative of Lebanon - and - S/2000/590
Golan Heights Law 14 December 1981
Israeli-Palestinian Interim Agreement on the West Bank and the Gaza Strip 28 September 1995

But your assumption that the international borders of "all of the new states in the region were defined by post war treaties" is simply wrong. While they were eventually defined, the overview looks evolved over time.

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
P F Tinmore, et al,

Of course you do not see any exemption. What nonsense!

(COMMENT)

The Treaty of Lausanne did not create any new boundaries in the Middle East. All the International Boundaries of the territories under Mandate either existed before the Treaty, or were a product of decisions made by the Allied Powers; with the exception of the of the Jordanian-Saudi Treaty.
That is true. all of those borders were defined but they had to wait for Turkey to release those territories (Treaty of Lausanne) before those borders could be implemented.
The current and existing boundaries understandings around Israel are based on:
The problem I see with that is that both the 1949 UN Armistice Agreements for Jordan and Egypt call the Negev Palestine. I have seen nothing showing that to be incorrect.

Neither of these border treaties were brokered by the UN. Both were brokered by the US. If you take how much Israel thinks of international law and how much the US thinks of international law the total is ZERO.
• The Letter of Implementation of Security Council resolution 425 (1978) and the verification of Israel’s withdrawal to the international boundaries, 12 June 2000 from the Permanent Representative of Lebanon - and - S/2000/590

Paragraph 11 of this report states that “for the practical purpose of confirming the Israeli withdrawal, the United Nations needs to identify a line to be adopted conforming to the internationally recognized boundaries of Lebanon ...” and that “the United Nations will then identify physically, on the ground, those portions of the line necessary or relevant to confirming the withdrawal of Israeli forces”.​
http://www.un.org/depts/DPKO/Missions/unifil/0047411E.pdf
They used a blue line because Israel has no border there.
Golan Heights Law 14 December 1981
Israeli-Palestinian Interim Agreement on the West Bank and the Gaza Strip 28 September 1995

But your assumption that the international borders of "all of the new states in the region were defined by post war treaties" is simply wrong. While they were eventually defined, the overview looks evolved over time.

Most Respectfully,
R

P F Tinmore, et al,

You are intentionally being abstinent. Intentionally trying to misinterpret the intent and meaning of each citation.

That is true. all of those borders were defined but they had to wait for Turkey to release those territories (Treaty of Lausanne) before those borders could be implemented.
(COMMENT)

Prior to the 1924 Treaty of Lausanne and the earlier Treaty of Sevres, and before that the 1918 Mudros Armistice, and before even that, the Rule of the Ottoman Empire, there was no seat of government or political subdivision called "Palestine; NOT in a thousand years.

You can believe whatever fantasy you want. The fact of the matter is:

• There is no territory for the last millennium were the Arab Palestinian (or whatever name you may call them) had sovereign territorial control and integrity. The Arab Palestinians are now down to Area "A" as its last sliver of full Palestinian civil and security control.
• Each time the Arab or Arab Palestinians attempts to defying the resolution of the General Assembly and are engaged in a deliberate effort to alter by force the set conditions, weaken the defense of its people and the security of its nation --- threatening the survival of the Jewish National Home, the Arab Palestinians will suffer even greater losses that might have benefited the people.

Again the ground truth is had to deny. When you come up upon a boundary controlled by Israelis on one side and someone else on the other, it is what it is.

(ON THE RECENT POINT)

The recent UN Security Council Resolution 2334 (23DEC16) is interesting reading. It is all about the coercion of maintaining the Two-State Solution. It also wants to reset the defensible borders of Israel to the 1949 Armistice Line (AKA: "will not recognize any changes to the 4 June 1967 lines, including with regard to Jerusalem"). The Security Council makes it impossible for any country to meet the conditions set in that it would jeopardize their national security.

What is even more interesting is that the 4 June 1967 lines makes the West Bank still Sovereign Jordanian Territory; and it could be interpreted to nullify the Peace Treaty between Israel and Jordan. Effectively setting the clock back to a wartime condition.

But since the UN Security Council has Decided to remain seized of the matter, it really doesn't matter at all. When we come back in another 50 years, it will have remained so unless the Arab Palestinians take the first step towards peace (not likely).

Most Respectfully,
R

Both Labor and Likud governments have funded settlers, many religious extremists, and gifted them the best land.

Meanwhile, Palestinians are denied building approval for homes, even a chicken coop. If in Area C they throw up a granny flat it's promptly demolished by army bulldozers.

Just as in the US when you try and build without the correct permits, your building gets demolished and you get the bill.

Stupid.

Forum List

Back