The Genesis Conflict - 101 - The Earth in Time and Space

Are you just that ignorant or what? Seriously.

What is the difference between Mutation and adaption?
HOLY FUCK! Are you serious? 4th grade science class material. You literally don't know the difference between mutation and adaptation?

Why haven't we seen more Mutation's of animals and less adapting to their surroundings?
Why do we find more new spieces of animals but no new mutating animals?
No retard, I'm not going to hold your superstitious little hand end explain it to you.

It's not because I can't; it's because it would be insulting to YOU. Just SO insulting--and though I'm not above insulting retards like yourself--I do draw the line at inflicting unnecessary suffering upon animals, because it's just inhumane.

So go. Go quietly, so I won't regret my charity to you. Go enjoy your bliss; your stupid, arrogant in your divinely bestowed certainty, superstitious, ignorance.

If you learned this in the 4th grade you should have been able to give an easy quick answer to the question. Your buddy actually attempted to show the difference between the two,but he is wrong to he is relying on theory to explain it.

It's very simple mutations in most cases do nothing,when they do cause change it's usually harmful to the organism. Adaptations are always a benefit and not harmful to the organism,that is your difference.

To say adaptations lead to beneficial mutations being solidified in the gene pool is simply nonsense.

Do you really want to compare the number of beneficial mutations to the harmful ones ?

By the way this is the area I worked in for many years.

Why haven't we seen more Mutation's of animals and less adapting to their surroundings?

Do you have a source that shows we've seen more adaptation and less mutation? I don't see that as a given.

Who says we see no new mutating animals? What makes you think they've stopped or slowed down? Mutations occur by the millions or probably billions DAILY. Most are of no consequence and we don't notice because of our limited time scale. Remember we're talking millions of years. Your question isn't appropriate for anyone but a scientists in the field, but creationists always discount their conclusions, when it comes to the "proof" of evolution. You demand proof, but refuse to consider it, when it's presented.

Can you provide a list of beneficial mutations ?

I assure you I can list more beneficial adaptations then you can beneficial mutations which is supposedly required for macro-evolution.

Do you have a source that shows we've seen more adaptation and less mutation? I don't see that as a given.

Who says we see no new mutating animals? What makes you think they've stopped or slowed down? Mutations occur by the millions or probably billions DAILY. Most are of no consequence and we don't notice because of our limited time scale. Remember we're talking millions of years. Your question isn't appropriate for anyone but a scientists in the field, but creationists always discount their conclusions, when it comes to the "proof" of evolution. You demand proof, but refuse to consider it, when it's presented.

First answer what is the difference between Mutations and adaptions?

We're here to discuss evolution. If you're not familiar with first principles, perhaps you should study up before posting again. I don't have time to keep addressing the same question, just because you don't like the answer.

You should take your own advice.

I assure you I can list more beneficial adaptations then you can beneficial mutations which is supposedly required for macro-evolution.

Would birth defects be a form of mutations? Just wondering

We're here to discuss evolution. If you're not familiar with first principles, perhaps you should study up before posting again. I don't have time to keep addressing the same question, just because you don't like the answer.

I remember you in an earlier post equating mutations to adaption both are part of the evolutionary process aren't they?

Creationists have explanations why not you ?
And 4 year olds have explanations on the backstory of their imaginary friends and other make believe universes. It's easy to have all the unverifiable answers when things are made up.

Science, on the other hand, uses verifiable information, and has no problem stating "no definitive conclusions can be drawn." Stupidity is feeling compelled to offer all answers despite no possible way of having them so that dumb people have a broader basis for their blind belief.

one is faith in science and one is faith in the super natural. Both are faith based
No. We've gone over this before. Belief in gravity is not equal to belief in ghosts. You attempt to make such silly equalities where they simply don't exist.

What evidence has science produced that isn't based on a theory of something? Theory's have been disproven all the time, so science moves the goal post and creates another theory that takes up where the other theory was disproven. Twick the words rearange the timeline and you have a new theory.
You don't understand what a scientific theory is. You also don't' understand what science is. Who do you think is smarter? The man who can acknowledge a mistake, learn from it, grow from it, and move forward with a stronger understanding? Or the man who plants his feet in the ground and cannot possibly reconsider anything ever changing?

OK then why haven't we seen anymore "Mutation" of animals if adapating to the surrondings is not a mutation?. It's odd that we keep finding new species of animals but never new Mutation of animals
Mutation causing environmental adaptation is reproducible in any college intro biology lab across the country. It's how bacteria gain antibiotic resistance.

Mutation deals with changes to genetic information. It could cause a good effect, bad effect, or no effect whatsoever. The term doesn't even deal with the effect, just the fact that a change occurred. Adaptation deals with effects to environment, and is in no way a genetic term. Putting on a winter coat when it's cold outside is adaptation, and it clearly doesn't involve mutation.

Let me know if you have more questions. Learning may actually help you.

Would birth defects be a form of mutations? Just wondering

Yes,not by adapting though. :lol: they just ignore this evidence.

And 4 year olds have explanations on the backstory of their imaginary friends and other make believe universes. It's easy to have all the unverifiable answers when things are made up.

Science, on the other hand, uses verifiable information, and has no problem stating "no definitive conclusions can be drawn." Stupidity is feeling compelled to offer all answers despite no possible way of having them so that dumb people have a broader basis for their blind belief.

one is faith in science and one is faith in the super natural. Both are faith based
No. We've gone over this before. Belief in gravity is not equal to belief in ghosts. You attempt to make such silly equalities where they simply don't exist.

You don't understand what a scientific theory is. You also don't' understand what science is. Who do you think is smarter? The man who can acknowledge a mistake, learn from it, grow from it, and move forward with a stronger understanding? Or the man who plants his feet in the ground and cannot possibly reconsider anything ever changing?

OK then why haven't we seen anymore "Mutation" of animals if adapating to the surrondings is not a mutation?. It's odd that we keep finding new species of animals but never new Mutation of animals
Mutation causing environmental adaptation is reproducible in any college intro biology lab across the country. It's how bacteria gain antibiotic resistance.

Mutation deals with changes to genetic information. It could cause a good effect, bad effect, or no effect whatsoever. The term doesn't even deal with the effect, just the fact that a change occurred. Adaptation deals with effects to environment, and is in no way a genetic term. Putting on a winter coat when it's cold outside is adaptation, and it clearly doesn't involve mutation.

I already answered it for your buddies.

Is this where we have to number beneficial mutations vs harmful mutations ?

Good effects from mutations ? there should be a long list of these if mutations are the cause of macro-evolution making things better. Can you give me that list of good effects again ?

HOLY FUCK! Are you serious? 4th grade science class material. You literally don't know the difference between mutation and adaptation?

No retard, I'm not going to hold your superstitious little hand end explain it to you.

It's not because I can't; it's because it would be insulting to YOU. Just SO insulting--and though I'm not above insulting retards like yourself--I do draw the line at inflicting unnecessary suffering upon animals, because it's just inhumane.

So go. Go quietly, so I won't regret my charity to you. Go enjoy your bliss; your stupid, arrogant in your divinely bestowed certainty, superstitious, ignorance.

If you learned this in the 4th grade you should have been able to give an easy quick answer to the question.
I didn't say I couldn't. What's your problem?

Your buddy actually attempted to show the difference between the two,but he is wrong to he is relying on theory to explain it.
I have no idea what "buddy" of mine you're referring to, so why would i care if he was wrong or not?

It's very simple mutations in most cases do nothing,when they do cause change it's usually harmful to the organism. Adaptations are always a benefit and not harmful to the organism,that is your difference.
And--no surprise--you're wrong too.

How about that?

To say adaptations lead to beneficial mutations being solidified in the gene pool is simply nonsense.
Good thing that this is also on the list of things I never said.

Do you really want to compare the number of beneficial mutations to the harmful ones ?
Although there is no point, do it anyway--for the opportunity for you to practice some intellectual integrity. Give it a shot.

By the way this is the area I worked in for many years.
Buck up, cupcake. I'm sure it's better off without you.

I already answered it for your buddies.

Is this where we have to number beneficial mutations vs harmful mutations ?

I'll be surprised if any question I ask get's answered. True I know the answer, strange they can't answer the questions. Pretty bad for supposed smart people.:lol:

According to some people they think adapting is mutating.
Not that the non-superstitious can't be retarded in this regard, they are being honestly retarded--yet it's usually the superstitious retards that dishonestly make a point of confusing these terms.

Really dude I am trying to be nice to you. You have given nothing but insults. Keep it up and I will return the favor junior.
Whatever.

If demanding to be treated like a retard is your notion of being nice to me, then you can expect to be treated like a retard.

The "insults" are brought on by yourself--you're just going to have to deal.

Let's go with this faith that you have.

You would like us to believe that at one point, there was nothing, then there was life.

Something banged together (out of nothing mind you) and there was life.

Even if it was microscopic, your belief is that somehow life came out of non-life.

And Christians are the nut jobs and whackos in your world.

Interesting.
This is the precise intellectual dishonesty (of the superstitious) that I speak of.

And this is precisely the defensive non-answer answer that I'm speaking of.

Can you counter with a summation of your side's version of the events I just did then? I tried to sum it up nice and neat and succinct, but you're stating that I'm being dishonest. Please correct me. If it's all wrong, then please present a nice succinct summation of the events.

Thanks.

Yes,not by adapting though. :lol: they just ignore this evidence.
Ah yes. Your other infamous ignorance on the topic of evolution: believing that adaptation is individual. Evolution in no way purposely creates mutations in response to the environment so that the organism can adapt. Evolution creates mutations which change the offspring of the organism, and those offspring that happen to be better adapted to the environment pass on their better-adapted genes.

So, it's not that actual scientists ignore bad mutations. Is that ignorant people such as yourself propagate their misunderstanding of the topic they condemn but don't grasp.

Hey YWC: how many times do you think someone will need to point out you continuously get the topic wrong before you figure out perhaps you don't actually know what you're talking about?

Good effects from mutations ? there should be a long list of these if mutations are the cause of macro-evolution making things better. Can you give me that list of good effects again ?
Another of your usual challenges. I've given you a list previously. You ignore them all, claiming they are either not macro-evolution, or don't count. Why is it that you feel the need to specify good effects of mutations must only be macro-evolution? Oh that's right: because you know you're wrong and need to continually drag the topic to your made up moving goalpost definition of evolution.

So let's use a simple example: antibiotic resistance. It's a mutation in bacteria that gives it a beneficial effect. Then it can go on to mutate and gain resistance to two antibiotics, and three. Some bacteria will mutate to have faster transportation, and use different forms of energy. All of these are cumulative. So clearly numerous beneficial mutations are possible. Here's your squirm question you'll avoid again: how many beneficial mutations differentiate between micro and macro evolution in your universe? Again, I'm not talking about "kinds" or "types" or any other vague undefined language you use to muddy the waters. I'm purely talking about the number of mutations required.

Can you counter with a summation of your side's version of the events I just did then? I tried to sum it up nice and neat and succinct, but you're stating that I'm being dishonest. Please correct me. If it's all wrong, then please present a nice succinct summation of the events.

Thanks.
I missed the start of this, but I'd be happy to explain whatever set of events you'd like. What are you looking for?

[1] You would like us to believe that at one point, there was nothing, then there was life.

[2] Something banged together (out of nothing mind you) and there was life.

[3] Even if it was microscopic, your belief is that somehow life came out of non-life.

Interesting.
This is the precise intellectual dishonesty (of the superstitious) that I speak of.

Thanks.
1. Folks with whom I share perspective on the topic simply do not claim there was nothing and then there was life; that is really the superstitious paradigm that the superstitious insist others must share with them. I have no reason to believe that at one time there was nothing. Nor do I have reason to place a leprechaun in the place where you wowsers say atheists put "nothing."

2. Same thing.

3. Well, I suppose you have a point here. But since folks like myself are too intellectually honest to invent a creator (that is unavailable in every valid manner for verification) so we can say there was "creation," we are limited to saying that the evidence appears to support the suggestion that "life" arose from an interaction of non-living things.

You might think that's far-fetched; but if so, it's just another denial of your very own reality where your life is an interaction of non-living things, and is sustained by the interactions of non-living things.

You would like us to believe that at one point, there was nothing, then there was life.

Something banged together (out of nothing mind you) and there was life.

Even if it was microscopic, your belief is that somehow life came out of non-life.

Interesting.

Thanks.

Or maybe the intellectual dishonesty he was speaking of was you attributing that to me when I said no such thing? Something you have not given an explanation for, I might add.

Not that the non-superstitious can't be retarded in this regard, they are being honestly retarded--yet it's usually the superstitious retards that dishonestly make a point of confusing these terms.

Really dude I am trying to be nice to you. You have given nothing but insults. Keep it up and I will return the favor junior.
Whatever.

If demanding to be treated like a retard is your notion of being nice to me, then you can expect to be treated like a retard.

oh my bitch th only fucking retard here is you. You can't read the post of people who are supporting your fucking side. konradv is the one who thinks mutations are what is known as adapting.Stop being a retard for once in your fucking life.

Last edited:
mutations may lead to adaption. they are not one in the same. if you or konradv or anyone else believes they are the same, they would be mistaken.

Whatever.

oh my bitch th only fucking retard here is you.
Not so much cupcake. You should have gone away quietly.

You can't read the post of people who are supporting your fucking side. konradv is the one who thinks mutations are what is known as adapting.
If someone is saying that mutation and adaptation are the same thing retard, then they are not on my side.

And if konradv's post which you included in your response to me is the example you bring of someone saying that mutation and adaptation are the same thing, then you are indeed a retard, and should just get used to me pointing it out to you.

Stop being a retard for once in your fucking life.
Seriously. Get some help. Take your own advice.

Forum List

Back