The Gaystapo is at it again

/———/ : "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...". point out the words separation of church and state. BTW, it means freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. It means Congress can’t regulate religion, it doesn’t mean religion can’t be part of government.

Actually, it means exactly that... government can't establish laws based on religion.. which is what you nutters are trying to do with gays and abortion.
The Constitution is based on Judeo/Christian principles, idiot.

Lie. The Constitution keeps government out of the religion of the people, not religion out of government. There are Christian symbols all over Washington DC.

Yes, and we need to expunge them.

Everyone who cares about the rule of law, because they wrote the laws that given our nation. What they intended matters.

Um... yeah. We had laws before the Slave Rapists decided they didn't want to pay for the unnecessary war with France they instigated.

So let's see, if they had lost, we'd have still had laws. We'd still have some self rule, we'd probably be like Canada or Australia, which last time I checked, had as much freedom as we did.

HEck, we'd have probably gotten rid of slavery a lot earlier, because the British Empire outlawed it in 1830.

Lie. The Constitution keeps government out of the religion of the people, not religion out of government. There are Christian symbols all over Washington DC.

Yes, and we need to expunge them.

Everyone who cares about the rule of law, because they wrote the laws that given our nation. What they intended matters.

Um... yeah. We had laws before the Slave Rapists decided they didn't want to pay for the unnecessary war with France they instigated.

So let's see, if they had lost, we'd have still had laws. We'd still have some self rule, we'd probably be like Canada or Australia, which last time I checked, had as much freedom as we did.

HEck, we'd have probably gotten rid of slavery a lot earlier, because the British Empire outlawed it in 1830.

Irrelevant. You were complaining because you didn't like who wrote our laws. It simply doesn't matter who wrote them because they are governing our lives. You don't get to ignore laws because you don't like who wrote them.

Irrelevant. You were complaining because you didn't like who wrote our laws. It simply doesn't matter who wrote them because they are governing our lives. You don't get to ignore laws because you don't like who wrote them.

sure I do.

I this case, we are pushing for making sure that religious assholes don't abuse people because of their superstitions... so we've passed laws against that.

sure I do.

I this case, we are pushing for making sure that religious assholes don't abuse people because of their superstitions... so we've passed laws against that.

Actually, you don't. Congress can't pass laws preventing you from speaking your mind because of laws written by people you don't like. The police are prohibited from randomly breaking into your house because of laws written by people you don't like. If you can ignore laws because you don't like who wrote them, others can too.

Actually, you don't. Congress can't pass laws preventing you from speaking your mind because of laws written by people you don't like. The police are prohibited from randomly breaking into your house because of laws written by people you don't like. If you can ignore laws because you don't like who wrote them, others can too.

Sure we do... we pass public accomedation laws, so if you are a homophobic baker, you totally have to bake a cake for two gays and SUCK IT UP, BITCHES!

I'd go one further. I'd revoke the tax exemption for any church still preaching homophobia as a religious dogma. Betcha they all have a "Come to Jesus" moment after that!

The Constitution is based on Judeo/Christian principles, idiot.

You'll probably find that the term "Judeo-Christian" doesn't even enter the langage until the 20th century. A lot of the Founders were Deists, they didn't believe in that superstitious nonsense.
You're repeating the left's propaganda. I doubt you've even read any of their writings or speeches.

Sure we do... we pass public accomedation laws, so if you are a homophobic baker, you totally have to bake a cake for two gays and SUCK IT UP, BITCHES!

I'd go one further. I'd revoke the tax exemption for any church still preaching homophobia as a religious dogma. Betcha they all have a "Come to Jesus" moment after that!

You just undercut your whole argument by admitting that you can't force churches to pay income taxes because of laws passed by people you don't like.

You just undercut your whole argument by admitting that you can't force churches to pay income taxes because of laws passed by people you don't like.

Um, no, but if you want to think that, okay, buddy. Really not going down another rabbit hole with you

That's okay. Move the goal posts around until you can convince yourself you didn't miss.

That's okay. Move the goal posts around until you can convince yourself you didn't miss.

Whatever, guy.. talking to you is kind of a waste of time.

Your superstitions do not trump my laws.

Otherwise I want to declare myself a follower of Quetzalcoatl and go around cutting out the hearts of my enemies. Don't let your silly murder laws get in my way! You're oppressing my religion, man!

Otherwise I want to declare myself a follower of Quetzalcoatl and go around cutting out the hearts of my enemies. Don't let your silly murder laws get in my way! You're oppressing my religion, man!

Which means you treasure the laws written by those you despise. You know, those slave rapists whose opinions mean nothing to you.

Which means you treasure the laws written by those you despise. You know, those slave rapists whose opinions mean nothing to you.

“To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate morality while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy was impossible and that the Party was the guardian of democracy, to forget whatever it was necessary to forget, then to draw it back into memory again at the moment when it was needed, and then promptly to forget it again, and above all, to apply the same process to the process itself—that was the ultimate subtlety: consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, once again, to become unconscious of the act of hypnosis you had just performed. Even to understand the word—doublethink—involved the use of doublethink.

·
·
·
The power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them… To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just as long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies—all this is indispensably necessary. Even in using the word doublethink it is necessary to exercise doublethink. For by using the word one admits that one is tampering with reality; by a fresh act of doublethink one erases this knowledge; and so on indefinitely, with the lie always one leap ahead of the truth.”

—George Orwell, 1984

Naw, I think we need to rip up our outdated constitution and write a new one...

In the meantime, the religious crazies need to be challenged every time they try to impose themselves.

To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic,

Yawn, Mormon Bob... you suffer from Dogmatic thinking, probably from being in a cult all your life.

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of tiny minds. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

The constitution is not a suicide pact - Justice Robert H. Jackson

Watching hadit completely expose the idiotic words of JoeB131 (which contradict themselves) is priceless.

Yes, but in all fairness, you’re dumb ass thinks gender is a state of mind. :lmao:

Here’s the thing junior...you can think anything you want. At the end of the day, the American people vehemently disagree with you. And they Trump you. So shed those tears all you want, it doesn’t change reality (just like your gender confusion bullshit).

In the meantime, the religious crazies need to be challenged every time they try to impose themselves.

To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic,

Yawn, Mormon Bob... you suffer from Dogmatic thinking, probably from being in a cult all your life.

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of tiny minds. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

The constitution is not a suicide pact - Justice Robert H. Jackson
The Constitution isn't the problem. The problem is all of you indoctrinated pawns.

Here’s the thing junior...you can think anything you want. At the end of the day, the American people vehemently disagree with you. And they Trump you. So shed those tears all you want, it doesn’t change reality (just like your gender confusion bullshit).

Actually, we'll probably end up re-writing the constitution within your lifetime, little boy. Too many flaws.

The American people voted for Hillary... I'm sorry that sticks in your craw, but you can't claim the people as a source when your guy only got 46% of the 50% who bothered to vote.

Forum List

Back