The Front Porch Swing

Yepp, but before, something quiet and soothing.

Take five minutes to go back 500+ years in time and hear silvery sounds from the past.

Henry Purcell: "Fairest Isle" from "King Arthur"

Really an amazing and soothing music. I thought, after all the commotion of the last days, we could use a musical salve. Well, this might do the trick:

H. Purcell-Fairest Isle (from "King Arthur") - YouTube

Verse 1
Fair- est Isle, all isles ex- cel- ling, Seat of pleas- sure and of love,
Ve- nus here will choose her dwell- ing And for- sake her Cy- prian grove.
Cu- pid from his fa- v'rite na- tion Care and en- vy will re move;
Jea- lou- sy that pois- nous pass- ion, And des- pair that dies for love.

Verse 2

Gen- tle mur- murs sweet com- plai- ning, Sighs that blow the fire of
love. Soft re- pul- ses, kind dis- dain- ing, Shall be all the
pains you prove. Ev' ry swain shall pay his du- ty Grate- ful
e- v'ry nymph shall prove; And as these ex- cel in beau- ty,
Those shall be re- nowned for love.

I love this. Just the thing to get me back in a better mood. Thanks hon.

@aaronleland and @Statistikhengst

girly_boy_by_senseigurl.jpg

Figures the first to guys to show up to BD Boops new girly girl rep club would be girly boy and the rep whore

If you want to insult people, take it to the Flame Zone, please.

Unless you want to insult me.

Those insults are welcome and encouraged!

images

Now we need [MENTION=45739]Jughead[/MENTION] [MENTION=42498]Esmeralda[/MENTION] [MENTION=43238]Starlight[/MENTION] and a shitload of others. I love sitting on my porch stoop and the company that joins in. Kinda like The Color Purple when they were serving lemonade and talking about the purple flowers. At peace. Comfortable. Amongst friends.

images

I haven't insulted you, but you thanked the post where NLT insulted me for nothing more than posting in this thread. Please, take it to the Flame Zone, KG.

Yeehaw.....I'm ready for some of that ice tea and some hot muffins.....

well, no, actually, I'm getting ready to go to bed. I have to get up early tomorrow, have a group of people coming over to watch the Super Bowl with us.....so I better get me some beauty sleep.....

Thanks for opening this thread Boop....I'll be sure to let some of the others know they are welcome here and there won't be any poop slinging allowed.....Yeehaw....:)

Have fun! Come back after, we can all share our Super Bowl menus!

just came from the grocer and it was packed w/ people picking up some last minute items

Last edited:
Now we need [MENTION=45739]Jughead[/MENTION] [MENTION=42498]Esmeralda[/MENTION] [MENTION=43238]Starlight[/MENTION] and a shitload of others. I love sitting on my porch stoop and the company that joins in. Kinda like The Color Purple when they were serving lemonade and talking about the purple flowers. At peace. Comfortable. Amongst friends.
Thanks for the invite, Gracie. Would love to be there on the porch, would finally get a chance to relax. It is chaos at my place right now. I could try to sneak out, but Mrs. Jughead would kill me. We have friends and neighbors over for a Super Bowl party. The food's not ready yet, so we're just watching festivities on the tube while having some cold ones. I check in on USMB every so often. A toast to everyone there from the folks here.
GO BRONCOS!!!

images

I haven't insulted you, but you thanked the post where NLT insulted me for nothing more than posting in this thread. Please, take it to the Flame Zone, KG.

I didn't say you insulted me. I said I was insulted, but nobody objected to THAT or advised stat to take it to the flame zone. Or the others who chimed in to giggle about it.

How is it that I'm "flaming" when I mention that...but it's not "flaming" when stat and gracie snigger about kosher voodoo dolls?? How about gracie "spitting". Is that "flaming"?

Just want to get the parameters straight. Wouldn't want to offend anyone. Cuz this thread is supposed to be DIFFERENT! It's the best of the best, the posters who are above all that!

And I, for one, can't WAIT to watch it soar.

oh noes!!! kg is here ready, willing, and (most importantly) able to blow up this thread w/ her self-important hatred :(

don't do to this thread what you did to the tavern :eusa_hand:

The tavern is doing great today. Friendly, inviting, people talking and not spending all their time telling others what they should be saying, or whining about what is happening in other threads.

It's almost like the the disruptive faction left, or got their knuckles rapped and decided to cool it.

Nah, that couldn't be it. I'm sure it's just my presence that caused the disruption...except...

I'm still posting there.

Well anyway, I'm sure this will be the better thread. Cuz you guys are better, after all. Everybody knows it.

Is this only for certain posters?

I thought it was for anyone who could leave animosity behind them...I can certainly do that. I made waffles and posted a pic of my chair and my dog.

For my troubles gracie and stat got out a voodoo doll and spit at me.

Sigh. I'll try harder.

I'm sort of bummed...I come with my dog and my waffles, and looking forward to a good coze...

but this is the welcome I'm given:

514_400x400_NoPeel.jpg

I expected so much more from boop's stoop, given the lofty ideals and the premise behind it's incorporation.

That's because you're sitting in the wrong chair KG....go for comfort, even if it seems a bit weird :)

Modern-Reading-Chair-With-Glass-Window.jpg

That does look comfy...but good heavens it's quite a drop to the floor! I need tables and lamps around me...I actually have an end table on one side, and pull up the ottoman on the other, and still need more to accomodate my books, my projects, my puter, the remote, whatever i'm drinking and usually a dog or a kid. And I still have a dog or kid waiting to climb on somewhere.

Plus I have to be able to eject myself quickly and without injury on a second's notice...to deal with dogs, kids, stoves, etc.

hmmmmm....I'm thinking along Rube Goldberg lines here....a few simple installations, an eject-button....hmmmm:eusa_shhh:

rube%20goldberg_4a3c0e06144db.jpg

That's because you're sitting in the wrong chair KG....go for comfort, even if it seems a bit weird :)

Modern-Reading-Chair-With-Glass-Window.jpg

That does look comfy...but good heavens it's quite a drop to the floor! I need tables and lamps around me...I actually have an end table on one side, and pull up the ottoman on the other, and still need more to accomodate my books, my projects, my puter, the remote, whatever i'm drinking and usually a dog or a kid. And I still have a dog or kid waiting to climb on somewhere.

Plus I have to be able to eject myself quickly and without injury on a second's notice...to deal with dogs, kids, stoves, etc.

hmmmmm....I'm thinking along Rube Goldberg lines here....a few simple installations, an eject-button....hmmmm:eusa_shhh:

rube%20goldberg_4a3c0e06144db.jpg

Very RubeGoldberesque, Coyote

Thanks for the invite, Gracie. Would love to be there on the porch, would finally get a chance to relax. It is chaos at my place right now. I could try to sneak out, but Mrs. Jughead would kill me. We have friends and neighbors over for a Super Bowl party. The food's not ready yet, so we're just watching festivities on the tube while having some cold ones. I check in on USMB every so often. A toast to everyone there from the folks here.
GO BRONCOS!!!

Hey, [MENTION=45739]Jughead[/MENTION], glad you are here!! The more people of good-will, the merrier. I am off to a superbowl party with neighbors soon myself. BRONCOS!!!!

Forum List

Back