The flaw of capitalism is Income inequality

$15 per hour does not allow you to buy the same value of goods that it did 20 years ago.

dear, wages and prices move together so the Fed could double or half the money supply tomorrow and it would have no effect on what you could buy. Again, Econ 101.

f1add12a7101463ea5d1207818727ce4.ashx
193K for "other"? I would like to know what is in that column.

Mark

Legal, accounting, insurance, franchise fees, secuirty etc, etc

Conservatives answer this question: wages in the lower classes have remained stagnant for DECADES. What is the incentive for businesses to pay more if they can maximize their profits by keeping wages low? 18 million people make less than 10.10 per hour. How many more do you think make less than 15? How many of them have kids?Corporate profits are already at an an all time high.

The ONLY way to boost wages for the poor is by raising the minimum wage. History has shown this to be true. More socialization in our private economy is the only way to save the middle class and keep the poor class from expanding. Eventually, the top heavy economy will cause a collapse from a lack of sufficient consumer spending.

Do I want to end the private market? Of course not. I just understand the need for government intervention and regulation.

wages in the lower classes have remained stagnant for DECADES.

We've been importing millions of low-skilled illegal aliens who compete with low-skilled Americans for low paying jobs.

What is the incentive for businesses to pay more if they can maximize their profits by keeping wages low?

Boot 10 million illegals, businesses will be forced to pay more.

The ONLY way to boost wages for the poor is by raising the minimum wage.

We can use the money saved, after we boot the illegals, to increase the EITC, if we have to......

More socialization in our private economy is the only way to save the middle class and keep the poor class from expanding.

Stop importing so many poor, that'll certainly help.

I just understand the need for government intervention and regulation.

Intervene to regulate the border and boot the lawbreakers.

How come no response to any of the above BILLY BOY or do you pick and choose only what you can comprehend?
What exactly is the incentive for businesses to pay more if only American citizens have those jobs?

Sure it's ideal that only citizens have jobs, but if wages are already so low, do you really think businesses nationwide will be like "well no more illegals. I guess I have a moral obligation to raise my wages even though there is no law to force me to." Low skilled work is low skilled work. It doesn't matter who they are. That is the wage they are stuck with.

What exactly is the incentive for businesses to pay more if only American citizens have those jobs?

Supply and demand. Durr.

$15 per hour does not allow you to buy the same value of goods that it did 20 years ago.

dear, wages and prices move together so the Fed could double or half the money supply tomorrow and it would have no effect on what you could buy. Again, Econ 101.

dear, wages and prices move together

Of course that's not true.

Again, Econ 101.

It's funny when you say that.

wages here are shit because of inflation.

??? inflation has nothing to do with wages. OMG!!!!!
Are you kidding me? We are paid in dollars. Dollars devalue over time. That means wages devalue. They buy less with the same amount over time. This isn't complicated.

So I assume that you are cheering for a more free market oriented monetary system then - where the money doesn't lose 97% of it's value over a century to pay for social benefits?

Oh wait...

Conservatives answer this question: wages in the lower classes have remained stagnant for DECADES. What is the incentive for businesses to pay more if they can maximize their profits by keeping wages low? 18 million people make less than 10.10 per hour. How many more do you think make less than 15? How many of them have kids?Corporate profits are already at an an all time high.

The ONLY way to boost wages for the poor is by raising the minimum wage. History has shown this to be true. More socialization in our private economy is the only way to save the middle class and keep the poor class from expanding. Eventually, the top heavy economy will cause a collapse from a lack of sufficient consumer spending.

Do I want to end the private market? Of course not. I just understand the need for government intervention and regulation.

We've been importing millions of low-skilled illegal aliens who compete with low-skilled Americans for low paying jobs.

What is the incentive for businesses to pay more if they can maximize their profits by keeping wages low?

We can use the money saved, after we boot the illegals, to increase the EITC, if we have to......

More socialization in our private economy is the only way to save the middle class and keep the poor class from expanding.

How come no response to any of the above BILLY BOY or do you pick and choose only what you can comprehend?

Sure it's ideal that only citizens have jobs, but if wages are already so low, do you really think businesses nationwide will be like "well no more illegals. I guess I have a moral obligation to raise my wages even though there is no law to force me to." Low skilled work is low skilled work. It doesn't matter who they are. That is the wage they are stuck with.

Supply and demand. Durr.
You and I know that doesn't answer the question.

Are you kidding me? We are paid in dollars. Dollars devalue over time. That means wages devalue. They buy less with the same amount over time. This isn't complicated.

So I assume that you are cheering for a more free market oriented monetary system then - where the money doesn't lose 97% of it's value over a century to pay for social benefits?

Oh wait...
You realize of course, that if we raised the minimum wage, millions of people would no longer qualify for programs like food stamps right?

Oh wait...
You realize of course, that if we raised the minimum wage, millions of people would no longer qualify for programs like food stamps right?

I am pretty sure unemployed people qualify for the benefits. Making employment illegal for employees is not the solution to the food stamp usage problem.

dear, when you raise wages or prices people buy less not more so there would be fewer jobs and more on welfare

Supply and demand. Durr.
You and I know that doesn't answer the question.

Case A, 200 people competing for 50 jobs.
Case B, 100 people competing for 50 jobs.
Case C, 50 people competing for 50 jobs.

Which case results in the highest worker income, if the 50 jobs are identical across the 3 cases?

Conservatives answer this question: wages in the lower classes have remained stagnant for DECADES. :link: What is the incentive for businesses to pay more if they can maximize their profits by keeping wages low? You pay your better workers more. the people going through motions? well, put in the effort 18 million people make less than 10.10 per hour. leftist whine; he's got bigger cookies than me :(. so big daddy cuts other persons cookie. leftist whine; He's got more chips in hid cookie than me :( How many more do you think make less than 15? How many of them have kids?Corporate profits are already at an an all time high. allowing them to hire more people once obama is out of Ofc and they can safely spend money.

The ONLY way to boost wages for the poor is by raising the minimum wage. History has shown this to be true. no it hasn't More socialization in our private economy is the only way to save the middle class and keep the poor class from expanding. wrong Eventually, the top heavy economy will cause a collapse from a lack of sufficient consumer spending. wrong

Do I want to end the private market? you clearly do Of course not. I just understand the need for government intervention and regulation.

you clearly have no idea how money works and think that by fucking over capitalism everything will work out fine, well it doesn't and there's failed countries all around that have tried your insanity for you to choose from.

dear, when you raise wages or prices people buy less not more so there would be fewer jobs and more on welfare

when you raise wages or prices people buy less not more

LOL!

When you raise wages, people buy more.
When you raise prices, they buy less.

Of course that's not true.
of course it is true which is why you were afraid to provide evidence. What do you learn from your fear?

of course it is true which is why you were afraid to provide evidence.

You need evidence that our standard of living has risen over the last 100 years? LOL!

What do you learn from your fear?

I'm not afraid of your ignorance, it amuses me.

193K for "other"? I would like to know what is in that column.
BTW,
Mark

Legal, accounting, insurance, franchise fees, secuirty etc, etc

Hmm. Since I have actually owned a franchise(Midas), I doubt that. BTW, I am pro capitalist, I just feel that this graph is misleading.

My mother owned four DQs, the 3-5% before tax is pretty much standard.

So, a person would invest a million dollars for a return of 3%? I doubt that. Could it be that the owners pay is part of the "other"?

Mark

Forum List

Back