The “Fix” Not So Good, Says Insurance Co. and GOP; Vote on Upton bill's today

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
The “Fix” Not So Good, Says Insurance Co. and GOP; Vote on Upton bill's today

1. The president’s fix, the insurance companies may allow insured to keep their policies for another year instead of cancelling them this year (also known as “passing the buck”) is causing quite a stir. It is creating mass confusion for state-level insurance commissioners and companies who are unclear how they would implement the change -- if at all -- at this late stage.

2 Actually, he has pissed off the insurance companies. They took him at his word and for three years prepared for this change and they did it well. Unlike Obamacare, they cancelled the policies that were not up to the parameters and it went off without a hitch.

3 Now Obama says they can undo what took them three years in 30 days. Some insurances a balking and saying they just can’t, making THEM the bad guy.

4. The chief complaints are that changing the rules at this stage and allowing people to renew cheaper, lower-premium policies will upend the financial balance that the industry was trying to strike -- likely resulting in higher premiums for others.

5. "Premiums have already been set for next year based on an assumption of when consumers will be transitioning to the new marketplace," America's Health Insurance Plans' (AHIP) President and CEO Karen Ignagni said in a statement. "If now fewer younger and healthier people choose to purchase coverage in the exchange, premiums will increase and there will be fewer choices for consumers."

6. Some states are declaring they won’t give consumers the choice, while other ask does he have the legal authority to change the law?

7. Which brings us to the House of Representatives which has a Fred Upton’s bill to be voted on today. The GOP-backed bill would not only let people extend their plans for another year, but also let other individuals who did not have such coverage opt to enroll in those plans as well. This goes a step further and allows others to enroll in the plans, and interesting enough, Obama has threatened to veto the bill.

Now why would he do that? It gave one more bonus than his “fix!”
Obama?s insurance plan ?fix? stirs confusion, ridicule at state level | Fox News

This could be a catch 22. Again, Obama finding a fix without researching what would happen "if", and even if it could be done; and same for the Republicans. Too much politicking. Not enough real thinking.

Vote today on the Upton bill to see who wins...the GOP or Obama...Landrieu also has a bill but it doesn't appear to be a threat.

The republicans should leave Obama and the Democrats to flail around in the mess they made. I hope the bill gets tabled by Boner.

I'm sure Obama ran this thing past the insurance companies before he put them on the hook like this.

He wouldn't act unilaterally like this, knowing he was fucking over an entire industry. Surely he did some due diligence.

No doubt.

Right?

Last edited:

I'm sure Obama ran this thing past the insurance companies before he put them on the hook like this.

He wouldn't act unilaterally like this, knowing he was fucking over an entire industry. Surely he did some due diligence.

No doubt.

Right?

No he didn't. Did you read the link? They are not happy. They said they didn't think they could make the change in thirty days what took them 3 years to do.
Some states already have come out and said no change here. Washington and Oklahoma.

obama's fix was a fake. It is designed to make the low cognition voter think that if their policy isn't reinstated, it's because the evil insurance company won't do it. They want to be mean.

It isn't as easy as waving obama's dick over the states and magically everything can be changed. It's taken insurance companies AND states three years to effect these changes, they can't just drop everything and go back. For one thing, the underlying law making these policies illegal is still in effect. No one is going to believe obama's "Trust me, we won't prosecute".

obama's fix was a fake. It is designed to make the low cognition voter think that if their policy isn't reinstated, it's because the evil insurance company won't do it. They want to be mean.

It isn't as easy as waving obama's dick over the states and magically everything can be changed. It's taken insurance companies AND states three years to effect these changes, they can't just drop everything and go back. For one thing, the underlying law making these policies illegal is still in effect. No one is going to believe obama's "Trust me, we won't prosecute".

This could easily backfire on him. If the insurance companies are forced to take these people back at the same rates, their renewal rates will freakin' explode in a few months, as will rates for new clients. Obama will have to try to blame them yet again, but that may not fly.

This could easily backfire on him. If the insurance companies are forced to take these people back at the same rates, their renewal rates will freakin' explode in a few months, as will rates for new clients. Obama will have to try to blame them yet again, but that may not fly.

Insurance companies aren't forced to comply. It was a gesture on Obama's part for midterm damage control. Insurance companies simply aren't going to be able to manage what the president just "offered" to those who lost their insurance.

Again, republicans should not pass a bill that will band aid the problem. Leave it alone and let the president and democrats deal with the fallout of their mess on their own. They would be foolish to entwine themselves into the mess.

The republicans should leave Obama and the Democrats to flail around in the mess they made. I hope the bill gets tabled by Boner.

EXACTLY....Democrats will blame Republicans for anything and everything they touch...and their ill-informed, gullible idealistic supporters will buy it hook line and sinker.
Which is why the government shutdown was such a bad thing. It gave the media an outlet to take the attention away from Obamacare.

EXACTLY....Democrats will blame Republicans for anything and everything they touch...and their ill-informed, gullible idealistic supporters will buy it hook line and sinker.
Which is why the government shutdown was such a bad thing. It gave the media an outlet to take the attention away from Obamacare.

I agree. When will these damn politicians learn that playing politics will lead to fires. It's better to be a statesman who proposes bills for the people's wellbeing not for positioning on a political fight.

They are stepping in a pile of shit for this bill. Mark it down.

This bill also allows the insurance plans that were GOING TO BE cancelled not cancelled and allowed continued to be sold. So, perhaps these people who were cancelled could buy these "subpar" insurance policies from other insurance companies.

Still very confusing. Some are saying that will still sabotage Obamacare, but it is the same fix that Obama came up with. :dunno:

But they can only keep the plan for a year?

Like I said, they are stepping in it big time with this. Republicans should leave this alone adn let the dems fgure it out.

Insurance Companies are meeting at the WH to tell Obama how hard it will be to allow consumers buy their policies again. Why didn't he meet with them to see if it was possible at all? And what it would do to the entire fiscal concept?

Because it didn't matter to his political agenda? Don't let the little people get in his way.

Last edited:
Insurance Companies are meeting at the WH to tell Obama how hard it will be to allow consumers buy their policies again. Why didn't he meet with them to see if it was possible at all? And what it would do to the entire fiscal concept?

Because it didn't matter to his political agenda? Don't let the little people get in his way.

Basically yeah. He believes he has dictorial powers. What you are seeing right now is a hushed mutiny withint eh democratic ranks. People are fleeing from the president and Obamacare. Even Republican LOLberals such as McCain are now running away.

The president was trying to shore up the political fallout by making the gesture he did. He didn't actually think it through, which is expected of a LOLberal. This is why I say the GOP should STAY OUT OF IT.

because they will give LOLberal democrats ammunition to try and place the blame for this one them if they try to "help" the situaiton. Let the democrats figure it out among themselves.

If republicans leave this alone, they can be almost positive to pick up the needed 6 seats int he senate and retain the house without much fuss. Effectively ending Obama's presidency before it's actually over.

He would have to either work with republicans or veto everything that came fdownt he pike.

But ultimately, he presidency would be effectively over.

Basically yeah. He believes he has dictorial powers. What you are seeing right now is a hushed mutiny withint eh democratic ranks. People are fleeing from the president and Obamacare. Even Republican LOLberals such as McCain are now running away.

The president was trying to shore up the political fallout by making the gesture he did. He didn't actually think it through, which is expected of a LOLberal. This is why I say the GOP should STAY OUT OF IT.

because they will give LOLberal democrats ammunition to try and place the blame for this one them if they try to "help" the situaiton. Let the democrats figure it out among themselves.

If republicans leave this alone, they can be almost positive to pick up the needed 6 seats int he senate and retain the house without much fuss. Effectively ending Obama's presidency before it's actually over.

He would have to either work with republicans or veto everything that came fdownt he pike.

But ultimately, he presidency would be effectively over.

Damn the Republicans! Obama even brought his own rope! Republicans should just get out of the way and watch him hang!

Total and absolute ineptitude on epic levels. Incompetence on a level all its own.

I'm so accustomed to ineptitude from the federal bureaucracy (along with bloat, sloth, greed and corruption) to the point where I essentially anticipate it now.

What kills me are the lies, right to our face, and over and over. An absolute insult to anyone who places any priority on intellectual honesty.

Forum List

Back