The Finest Man I have Ever Known

So sorry Pixie. It took me a while to come to terms that my dad wasn't around anymore. Time may heal, but the loss remains

Thoughts and prayers with you

I'm so sorry Pixie. I lost my dad to cancer. I remember the call from my mom saying "you need to get back down here" and he passed right before I got there.

:smiliehug:for you.

Sorry Pixie.

My own dad is number one on my Top Ten Heroes Of All Time list.

He even beats out Abe Lincoln.

What a wonderful tribute to your dad Pixie

Knowing he had so many who loved him like you do, he has to be resting in peace in heaven.

Prayers for you and family

Thank you all so much for the kind words.
I am glad you had a Dad that loved you....
I realize that I was lucky/blessed to be born of such a man. He is my hero.
I remember as a little girl, running and jumping in my Dad's arms after he came home from work. I was so happy. I never lost that feeling for my Dad.
Tomorrow will be the first time since I learned to talk that I will not be saying "Happy Father's Day, Dad" :cry:

I remember as a little girl, running and jumping in my Dad's arms after he came home from work. I was so happy. I never lost that feeling for my Dad.
Tomorrow will be the first time since I learned to talk that I will not be saying "Happy Father's Day, Dad" :cry:
How old was he??

How old was he??
He was 78. He had never been sick a day in his life, till last August. He was healthy and strong. Till the blood cancer started to destroy him. He was a steel worker, worked in a uranium mine, and a coal miner. I just have to wonder which one gave him the cancer.....
With that said, he died in his sleep. He even got onto his tractor and mowed his property 2 weeks before he died. That was my Dad.

I am sure you helped make your Dad's life a blessing and an enjoyable one...
What a nice thing to say.
My Dad told me to keep the family together. He said out of all his children, I was the one that could do that. Man, I will have my job cut out for me.

my-dad.7345
My Dad past away June 9th. :cry::cry: He had acute myloid lukemia.

He was buried with a copy of the US Constitution placed firmly in his hands.

My dad was the finest man I have ever known. He will be missed. He took a huge piece of my heart with him. It is just starting to hit me, and it is hitting me hard. I adore my Father.

I was on my way to see him one last time, when he past away. It was the worst trip of my life.

I will honor all that my dad taught me. His mere presence on this earth made me feel safe and secure. I will never hear his deep and comforting voice again. :crybaby:

Yo,
Crying-Smiley2.jpg

Sorry, make him proud! I lost mine in the mid 90`s.

How old was he??
He was 78. He had never been sick a day in his life, till last August. He was healthy and strong. Till the blood cancer started to destroy him. He was a steel worker, worked in a uranium mine, and a coal miner. I just have to wonder which one gave him the cancer.....
With that said, he died in his sleep. He even got onto his tractor and mowed his property 2 weeks before he died. That was my Dad.
Again. I am happy you had a Dad to love you and you loved him...

Forum List

Back