The Fed

19 out of 20 USMB posters will dismiss this as conspiracy theory bullshit even though every bit of it is historically accurate.

"You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think."

19 out of 20 USMB posters will dismiss this as conspiracy theory bullshit even though every bit of it is historically accurate.

"You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think."

When I first joined this board I brought up this issue repeatedly, and all I could get is a few replies. I agree with you 100%, but no one is going to discuss it.

Time does not permit me right now to point out the flaws in the cartoon, but when I have the time, I will.

I also do not think you will find many people willing to watch a half hour video. And before you call them lazy, I would like to point out you didn't post any explanation or comments with the video.

Take some time to write down what "facts" you think matter to the discussion you would like to have.

For those who don't want to watch the whole video, you can always read Post 14 in this topic. :razz:

It will take slightly less time.

Time does not permit me right now to point out the flaws in the cartoon, but when I have the time, I will.

I also do not think you will find many people willing to watch a half hour video. And before you call them lazy, I would like to point out you didn't post any explanation or comments with the video.

Take some time to write down what "facts" you think matter to the discussion you would like to have.

For those who don't want to watch the whole video, you can always read Post 14 in this topic. :razz:

The movie is 'historically' accurate. I have no need to write down 'facts' for people who will just ignore them in favor of their own agenda or dismiss any source that does not meet their approval.

I have given off replying to people who argue out of some demented addiction to arguing for its own sake.

The movie is there for those who wish to watch it, ponder the facts provided, and then make up their own minds on what, if anything, they intend to take from it.

The movie is 'historically' accurate. I have no need to write down 'facts' for people who will just ignore them in favor of their own agenda or dismiss any source that does not meet their approval.

I have given off replying to people who argue out of some demented addiction to arguing for its own sake.

The movie is there for those who wish to watch it, ponder the facts provided, and then make up their own minds on what, if anything, they intend to take from it.

Give us the Reader's Digest version.

If you can't summarize it, why should we believe you understand it?

Here is My whole point. You just tossed an insult for no other reason that you like to toss insults, not debate, not try to understand the root cause of our monetary problems. The movie is there for anyone to look at.

It is not in phone/text shorthand for the terminally lazy.

Say goodbye.

If you can't watch a 30 minute video, I'm guessing it would be pointless to suggest reading a book.

'The Creature From Jekyll Island' is a MUST read if you want to understand our banking system.

Here is My whole point. You just tossed an insult for no other reason that you like to toss insults, not debate, not try to understand the root cause of our monetary problems. The movie is there for anyone to look at.

It is not in phone/text shorthand for the terminally lazy.

Say goodbye.

Asking you to articulate a view is not an insult.

I've spent nearly 20 years investing and trading in the capital markets, and I learned a long time ago that if you can't articulate a thesis, i.e. you rely on others, you don't understand it and you are probably intellectually limited. This is especially true of highly ideological people. Those people generally don't survive in my business.

Last edited:

Far from it. It is chock full of historical inaccuracies.

There is the Rotschild Waterloo myth which is false: 12/07/98 THE RICHEST DYNASTY IN HISTORY?

And the anti-semitism behind the "red shield" portions of the film are barely concealed.

There is the myth of Andrew Jackson's last words being "I killed the banks". Bullshit. His last recorded words were, "Oh, do not cry. Be good children, and we shall all meet in Heaven... I want to meet you all, white and black, in Heaven."

The "I killed the banks" meme originates from an autobiography of Martin Van Buren in which he claimed Jackson said, "The bank, Mr. Van Buren, is trying to kill me, but I will kill it." And it was not on his deathbed.

As for the ratification of the Federal Reserve Act, we have had countless Congresses since then which are more than capable of repealing it. And none have. So put that in your "secret and in the dark of night" conspiracy pipe and smoke that for a while.

And there is nothing unconstitutional about Congress delegating its authority to the Federal Reserve. The President delegates treaty negotiations. Is that unconstitutional? No.

But perhaps the greatest lie of omission in the film is the complete non-mention of the financial derivatives responsible for the recession. The jive talking monkey in the film tells the rube that all the money came from the Fed. That is a lie. Only a very uneducated person thinks that.

The money for the derivatives bubble primarily came from investors, not the Fed. There was $70 trillion of investor money out there, and the banks created an infinite number of creative structured finance products to channel that $70 trillion dollars through them and into the hands of borrowers, while taking out a fee for each transaction.

Since there was not $70 trillion of good risk out there, the banks threw out the underwriting laws of the universe and began channeling that money to worse and worse risks. Then the banks transferred that risk back to the investors.

And that is why your 401k fund manager lost money, that is why your insurance company investment officer lost money, that is why your public employee pension fund manager lost money, that is why your college endowment fund manager lost money, and that is why your city treasurer completely screwed up the municipal bonds they issued with your tax dollars backing the issues.

That film is for simpletons who haven't a clue about modern finance as it exists today.

And the jive talking dipshit makes no mention that the reason the IRS is taking so much money is because the government is deficit spending. The whole film contrives to put the idea in your head that all these high taxes are the Fed's fault and did not exist before the Fed. It does not get more historically inaccurate than that. The government has been deficit spending since the American Revolution. With or without a central bank.

This film is a not very cleverly constructed bag of lies, and no amount of poisoining the well when pushing it as gospel truth will change the real facts.

Last edited:
And by the way, the JFK quote near the end? He was speaking about the Soviet Union, not banks.

So yet another dishonest piece of shit lie.

And the film claims the banks killed JFK. And you say this isn't a conspiracy theory propaganda piece? :lol:

Last edited:
And by the way, the JFK quote near the end? He was speaking about the Soviet Union, not banks.

And the film claims the banks killed JFK. And you say this isn't a conspiracy theory propaganda piece? :lol:

OK, whatever you say, Bro. The Warren Commission got it all right on the money.

I'm with ya, pass the fucking Kool-Aid... :cuckoo:

ETA: That's funny coming from the guy who's trying to educate people on the unregulated derivatives market...

Last edited:
I've spent nearly 20 years investing and trading in the capital markets, and I learned a long time ago that if you can't articulate a thesis, i.e. you rely on others, you don't understand it and you are probably intellectually limited. This is especially true of highly ideological people. Those people generally don't survive in my business.
Not everyone is as smart and articulate as you Toro.

We depend on commentators, poets, musicians and others to say in a clear concise manner that the majority of us understand but can't seem to "verbalize". Does that make us stupid?

In the time you made both of your posts, you could have watched the video (its only 30 minutes) and offered your opinion.

Why don't you just do that?

OK, whatever you say, Bro. The Warren Commission got it all right on the money.

I'm with ya, pass the fucking Kool-Aid... :cuckoo:

ETA: That's funny coming from the guy who's trying to educate people on the unregulated derivatives market...

So you admit the film includes a JFK assassination conspiracy theory, contrary to your initial claim that it was not a conspiracy theory film.

And it is a fact that the JFK audio clip was from a speech about the Soviet Union, not banks.

I am 100 percent correct. The film contains a conspiracy theory and the JFK quote is about the USSR. So I don't know what you think you achieved with your last post except to identify yourself as a conspiracy theorist who lied in your first post.

Last edited:
Not everyone is as smart and articulate as you Toro.

We depend on commentators, poets, musicians and others to say in a clear concise manner that the majority of us understand but can't seem to "verbalize". Does that make us stupid?

You said it.

In the time you made both of your posts, you could have watched the video (its only 30 minutes) and offered your opinion.

Why don't you just do that?

I have. It is a piece made by simpletons for simpletons, rife with ignorance, lies, and deception. And it tosses in a JFK conspiracy theory as a cherry on top!

Last edited:
At 24:00 in the film, a clip of JFK is played.

This is the completely out of context quote that is played:

For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence

Here is the speech from which that clip is lifted:
The President and the Press: Address before the American Newspaper Publishers Association, April 27, 1961 - John F. Kennedy Presidential Library & Museum

Notice how they didn't even play the entire sentence JFK spoke.

For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day. It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations.

That speech was given at the end of April 1961, immediately following the Bay of Pigs fiasco.

When you read it, it is quite obvious what he was talking about.

The events of recent weeks may have helped to illuminate that challenge for some; but the dimensions of its threat have loomed large on the horizon for many years. Whatever our hopes may be for the future--for reducing this threat or living with it--there is no escaping either the gravity or the totality of its challenge to our survival and to our security--a challenge that confronts us in unaccustomed ways in every sphere of human activity.

The speech had NOTHING to do with banks or the Federal Reserve. But the out of context clip of an incomplete sentence is used as "evidence" in the film that JFK was killed by the Federal Reserve.

A movie made by lying simpletons for simpletons.

Last edited:

ngu6pv.jpg

Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!

The issue with the Federal Reserve is that as an institution it holds an unimaginable amount of influence and is virtually unregulated.

During the debt ceiling debate, which will be repeating very soon, it was little, if ever, reported that the majority of American debt is held, not by China, but by the Federal Reserve. Our own central bank is purchasing trillions of dollars in American Treasury Bills and thus permitting our elected representatives to run up unsustainable deficits and debt while simultaneously devaluing the purchasing power of the dollar. American tax payers are paying interest on Treasury Bills that was purchased with money that was fabricated by the Fed.

Forum List

Back