The fastest production car in the world is now for sale

I too remember when cars were simple. A few months back i had a fuel pump changed and it cost $800 since they put the damn things in the gas tank now and have for years. I remember when fuel pums were on the engine and driven by the camshaft. Cost $15 and you could change them in the dark.

And they vapor locked on especially hot days, because they weren't sitting submerged in liquid gasoline.

It would be even worse today, as ethanol blends vaporize even more easily.

American cars with exception of a few are pieces of shit, and the service is the worst. An affordable car with so much horsepower only means there will be a lot of young people killing themselves and others on the roads. The other cars that offer comparable horsepower to this, are expensive European brands and their owners usually take them to the local racetrack to enjoy what the car can do. I know a few that do that.

When I said affordable, I didn't mean everyone can buy one.
At an estimated $85K, I doubt too many young people will be getting one.
That price is not that bad when you consider modern trucks cost half that unless you buy a stripped down model

The Bugattis are crazy expensive. I get spending money on the best, but the list price for the Chiron is $2.998 million. There is nothing about that car that suggests it is worth that.

As an example, if you buy the Challenger SRT Demon instead of the Chiron, you save enough money to buy the following:

1) 2017 Tesla Model S P100D ()0-60 in 2.5 sec)
2) 2017 Porsche 911 Turbo S
3) 1958 Ford Fairlane Retractable
4) 2017 Ford F150 King Ranch
5) 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon w/AEV 6.4l Hemi (nd a bunch of upgrades)
6) 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge
7) a pair of Sea-Doo RXP-X 260 jet skis
8) 2017 Chris Craft Corsair 32
9) 2017 Integra Aspire 43' motorhome

And still have $1.5 million to spend.

Oh, and the Bugatti Veyron? Look up what it costs to have the oil changed and a basic servicing. $21k every 3,000 miles.

One of my best high school buddy's dad had a 1972 Jaguar E Type coupe. I was strapped into the passenger seat on a drive from Steubenville to Youngstown, Ohio north on State Route 7. It was 1974 and a brand new Pontiac Firebird came up from behind. We were at a steady 55 mph but the Pontiac came up on our left moving at least 70 mph.

"Watch this" said my friend. I know 'watch this' is usually a phrase spoken just before the insurance claims adjuster gets there, but this time...

He hit the gas to the floor and after I picked my head up from the headrest, I watched that Firebird in the rear view. It got smaller faster than any other car I'd ever seen.
The Poncho driver didn't want to chase. Because a 1974 Trans Am will suck the doors off a Jag E Type!

I too remember when cars were simple. A few months back i had a fuel pump changed and it cost $800 since they put the damn things in the gas tank now and have for years. I remember when fuel pums were on the engine and driven by the camshaft. Cost $15 and you could change them in the dark.

And they vapor locked on especially hot days, because they weren't sitting submerged in liquid gasoline.

It would be even worse today, as ethanol blends vaporize even more easily.
I've been burning E10 in my Coupe de Ville for most of 20 years, and EXCLUSIVELY E10 for more than ten. No vapor lock, even at 100 degrees.

One of my best high school buddy's dad had a 1972 Jaguar E Type coupe. I was strapped into the passenger seat on a drive from Steubenville to Youngstown, Ohio north on State Route 7. It was 1974 and a brand new Pontiac Firebird came up from behind. We were at a steady 55 mph but the Pontiac came up on our left moving at least 70 mph.

"Watch this" said my friend. I know 'watch this' is usually a phrase spoken just before the insurance claims adjuster gets there, but this time...

He hit the gas to the floor and after I picked my head up from the headrest, I watched that Firebird in the rear view. It got smaller faster than any other car I'd ever seen.
The Poncho driver didn't want to chase. Because a 1974 Trans Am will suck the doors off a Jag E Type!

I don't know. That Jaguar's V-12 was rebuilt and humming like it just rolled off the line. That car is all top end. Not much off the line.

A stock series 3 E type tops out around 130. A Trans Am (with a strong 400 or a rip-roaring, fire-breathing 455) is still pulling...top end is limited by gearing, not drag. Even at two tons, my father in law's 74 runs a 12.90 quarter mile, with street tires and highway gears.

I'm pretty sure that POS isn't the fastest production car in the world. You need to say hi to the 2017 Veyron SS:

268mph

1200px-Bugatti_Veyron_16.4_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht_%283%29%2C_5._April_2012%2C_D%C3%BCsseldorf.jpg

That POS Dodge might be faster 0 to 60 but it's definitely going to be smoked in a race.

The last model year for the Veyron was 2015,and the last actual one was built in late 2014.

It's successor, the Chiron, is even faster.

Speed limit at 65 only means whoever buys this will be losing their license shortly thereafter.

Only if they can catch you. Amazingly enough you can outrun most everything in the police inventory, and the Veyron CAN outrun everything in the police inventory. It's fast enough it can get past the roadblocks before they are set up.

Everything but the radio. And it won't be hard to find, after all, how many Chirons are there out there? We really need to adapt the Scandanavian traffic laws, where if you are a millionaire, you get caught for extreme speeding, the ticket is a few hundred thousand.

The P100D Tesla will more than match the Chiron to the legal limit, and it is made right here in America. At a very minor fraction of the price of a Chiron.

It's a Dodge, I wouldn't trust driving anywhere near its top speed.

Many years ago I read a review of the Porsche 911 and the Corvette. The comparisons were made and both were top level cars. But the telling point was at the end. The reviewer asked the drivers what the biggest difference was. One stated it very clearly. Something to the effect of "Both cars will got over 150 mph. The difference is, in the Porsche you can tune the radio while you are doing it".

Speed limit at 65 only means whoever buys this will be losing their license shortly thereafter.

Apparently you are not aware there are highways in some countries with no speed limits.
You REALLY need to wise up pal.

I'm pretty sure that POS isn't the fastest production car in the world. You need to say hi to the 2017 Veyron SS:

268mph

1200px-Bugatti_Veyron_16.4_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht_%283%29%2C_5._April_2012%2C_D%C3%BCsseldorf.jpg

That POS Dodge might be faster 0 to 60 but it's definitely going to be smoked in a race.
I'm talking 1/4 mile. This dodge beast will pop the front wheels off the ground in 1st, 2nd & 3rd.

Top end speed is nice but where the fuck are you going to dive 400mph at?
You're full of shit as usual!
That Dodge is NOT your basic "production car".
It's a 'shell' that looks somewhat like a Dodge but underneath the hood there's 100K of drag racing equipment.
Wise up!

268mph

I'm talking 1/4 mile. This dodge beast will pop the front wheels off the ground in 1st, 2nd & 3rd.

Top end speed is nice but where the fuck are you going to dive 400mph at?
You're full of shit as usual!
That Dodge is NOT your basic "production car".
It's a 'shell' that looks somewhat like a Dodge but underneath the hood there's 100K of drag racing equipment.
Wise up!
The car is a 40k upgrade from the normal model. That hardly constitutes 100k. Full of shit you say.....

Forum List

Back