The fallacy of Republican control of government

Yes, the GOP technically holds majorities in both houses of Congress as well as the Presidency, but this has not translated into unfettered control of the federal government. At most, conservative Republican and liberal Democratic votes are divided equally in the Senate, with a couple of RINOs holding the balance of power. In addition, the bulk of the federal bureaucracy remains solidly under the control of unelected Democrats.

Thus the argument that we now have a one-party government is fallacious at best. However, this was the case in 1994 and 2010, when voters threw out the ruling Democrats. One can only hope that voters understand the difference in 2018.

Oh, I understand completely. Even though you control the House, Senate, White House, and now the SC and all those state offices you love to brag about, your goals are so bat shit crazy till even your own members can't go for them. Here's an idea. If the GOP would just back off the crazy crap, you would have enough people to push your crap through. At least you would have up till the election. It might be harder for you after then.
I hear this on every post from lefties. If the gop would back off the crazy crap, if they would stop destroying our democracy, if they would just stop being nazis.
I know you all have difficulty with specifics, but how about some specific examples to back up your case, I am certainly sitting here ready to rebut anything you can come up with.

That's code by the lefties that they want their RINOs back.
Hopefully, those days are over!

Yes, the GOP technically holds majorities in both houses of Congress as well as the Presidency, but this has not translated into unfettered control of the federal government. At most, conservative Republican and liberal Democratic votes are divided equally in the Senate, with a couple of RINOs holding the balance of power. In addition, the bulk of the federal bureaucracy remains solidly under the control of unelected Democrats.

Thus the argument that we now have a one-party government is fallacious at best. However, this was the case in 1994 and 2010, when voters threw out the ruling Democrats. One can only hope that voters understand the difference in 2018.

Oh, I understand completely. Even though you control the House, Senate, White House, and now the SC and all those state offices you love to brag about, your goals are so bat shit crazy till even your own members can't go for them. Here's an idea. If the GOP would just back off the crazy crap, you would have enough people to push your crap through. At least you would have up till the election. It might be harder for you after then.
I hear this on every post from lefties. If the gop would back off the crazy crap, if they would stop destroying our democracy, if they would just stop being nazis.
I know you all have difficulty with specifics, but how about some specific examples to back up your case, I am certainly sitting here ready to rebut anything you can come up with.

More illegals at the border now than in 2016. Lots more than in 2015. Trump's programs seem to be attracting more illegals than Obama's. Rebut that with credible evidence.

upload_2018-10-23_17-57-12.png

I wasn't aware that lefties chose and voted your republican politicians into office. I thought you did that. You trying to blame others for what YOU did? AGAIN?.

I wasn't aware that lefties chose and voted your republican politicians into office. I thought you did that. You trying to blame others for what YOU did? AGAIN?.

You lefties prefer RINOs cause they kowtow to the Dems.
That's why they end up being pundits on MSNBC and CNN.
Bill Kristol comes to mind as only one example.

So who voted those RINOs into office? What party do those RINOs belong to? All your whining is quite entertaining.

So who voted those RINOs into office? What party do those RINOs belong to? All your whining is quite entertaining.

That was then, this is now...the Trump era. Stick around Cooter.

this coming from the left that has #walkaway as a current trend.

Current Trend? Perhaps among RWNJs. Get back with me after that planned Walk Away rally in Washington this weekend. Odd that nobody has heard of that except on fox. You don't think it's just another made up story do you?
maybe. who knows what is real anymore.

but if it benefited you, i'm pretty sure you'd defend it til your death.

I know what is real. Trumpbots don't. That is their biggest problem.
the biggest problem are the ones who talk in jr high names. both sides.

Current Trend? Perhaps among RWNJs. Get back with me after that planned Walk Away rally in Washington this weekend. Odd that nobody has heard of that except on fox. You don't think it's just another made up story do you?

You mean like Trump?

More illegals at the border now than in 2016. Lots more than in 2015. Trump's programs seem to be attracting more illegals than Obama's. Rebut that with credible evidence.

View attachment 224355
This one is so easy. There is no trump program because not only will Dems in Congress not allow it but they have exacerbated the situation. Trumps 4 pillar program was approved by 65% of voters but Dems would have none of it if it made trump look good. Then suddenly they had a heart attack over the very same thing Obama was doing, following the law and separating families. Now with the help of the media everyone is showing up with a kid, whether it is theirs or not, and being caught and released. California has proposed free everything for all illegals. Democrats have advocated open borders. Everyone knows what must be done to fix immigration laws but Dems will not allow anything to happen. They actually want the situation to worsen hoping trump will be blamed. They are wrong again. The vast majority of the country want our borders to be enforced and immigration to be regulated.

Trump did not create this problem, he inherited it. He has presented compromises but the left prefers anarchy to solutions.

Is this the best you can come up with Bulldog?

Republicans were in the minority in government for most of the 20th century because the left dominated the media for the 20th century (still does?) and the media never saw a democrat that they didn't like or wouldn't defend no matter what or even lie for in order to retain the democrat majority and the Country be damned. Those days of media domination are mostly over in the age of information but the liberal media has gone so far off the deep end that it has become the agent of foreign and domestic enemies. There is absolutely nothing President Trump could do (aside from suicide) that would ever please CNN or ABC or NBC or MSNBC or CBS or PBS or Al Jazeera. That's the way the system works today and yet President Trump might go down ultimately as the savior of the American dream and patriotism and the most popular president in modern history.

You mean like Trump?
he'd be one of 'em sure.

did you set out a goal to be like him in this regard?

View attachment 224355
This one is so easy. There is no trump program because not only will Dems in Congress not allow it but they have exacerbated the situation. Trumps 4 pillar program was approved by 65% of voters but Dems would have none of it if it made trump look good. Then suddenly they had a heart attack over the very same thing Obama was doing, following the law and separating families. Now with the help of the media everyone is showing up with a kid, whether it is theirs or not, and being caught and released. California has proposed free everything for all illegals. Democrats have advocated open borders. Everyone knows what must be done to fix immigration laws but Dems will not allow anything to happen. They actually want the situation to worsen hoping trump will be blamed. They are wrong again. The vast majority of the country want our borders to be enforced and immigration to be regulated.

Trump did not create this problem, he inherited it. He has presented compromises but the left prefers anarchy to solutions.

Quit whining. You have the ability to pass anything your politicians want. You'll note that I'm not even addressing the pros or cons of any competing plans. That doesn't really matter anyway if your side can agree on what they want. This is yours and Trumps. The increase of illegal aliens is yours and Trumps. The instant you gained your super majority, you lost your ability to blame anybody for anything. You wanted the reins. You got the reins. Too bad you don't know what to do with them.

You mean like Trump?
he'd be one of 'em sure.

Nope, but that seems to be what works now days. The right demanded the end to civility. Looks like you got your wish. I hope the right realizes how bad they have screwed up our politics, and we can get back to civility as soon as he's gone, but you probably need to embrace integrity again too for that to happen.

View attachment 224355

Quit whining. You have the ability to pass anything your politicians want. You'll note that I'm not even addressing the pros or cons of any competing plans. That doesn't really matter anyway if your side can agree on what they want. This is yours and Trumps. The increase of illegal aliens is yours and Trumps. The instant you gained your super majority, you lost your ability to blame anybody for anything. You wanted the reins. You got the reins. Too bad you don't know what to do with them.
Poor bulldog. A super majority would be 60 or more senators which republicans do not have and which democrats did under Obama, when they decided to do nothing about immigration. Now you have gone from trump is so bad to Congress is so incompetent. As with most leftists on this board you fail to stick to the argument and rather change subjects. These are the facts on immigration, trump tried to compromise, the democrats would have none of it. The immigration mess is squarely in the democrats lap, period. Next.

View attachment 224355

Poor bulldog. A super majority would be 60 or more senators which republicans do not have and which democrats did under Obama, when they decided to do nothing about immigration. Now you have gone from trump is so bad to Congress is so incompetent. As with most leftists on this board you fail to stick to the argument and rather change subjects. These are the facts on immigration, trump tried to compromise, the democrats would have none of it. The immigration mess is squarely in the democrats lap, period. Next.

The right can pass anything they want. Quit whining and do something. What ever happens is with the right's approval. That includes the increase in aliens at our border.

You mean like Trump?
he'd be one of 'em sure.

Nope, but that seems to be what works now days. The right demanded the end to civility. Looks like you got your wish. I hope the right realizes how bad they have screwed up our politics, and we can get back to civility as soon as he's gone, but you probably need to embrace integrity again too for that to happen.
so, we must do this your way "or else".

ill take the "or else"

You mean like Trump?
he'd be one of 'em sure.

ill take the "or else"

I didn't set the standard. Check with your pussy grabber for that.

You mean like Trump?
he'd be one of 'em sure.

ill take the "or else"

and when did he say "my way or else" again?

You mean like Trump?
he'd be one of 'em sure.

ill take the "or else"

and when did he say "my way or else" again?

When do you think I said that?

Forum List

Back