The fallacy of Republican control of government

Yes, the GOP technically holds majorities in both houses of Congress as well as the Presidency, but this has not translated into unfettered control of the federal government. At most, conservative Republican and liberal Democratic votes are divided equally in the Senate, with a couple of RINOs holding the balance of power. In addition, the bulk of the federal bureaucracy remains solidly under the control of unelected Democrats.

Thus the argument that we now have a one-party government is fallacious at best. However, this was the case in 1994 and 2010, when voters threw out the ruling Democrats. One can only hope that voters understand the difference in 2018.

In other words, the GOP has become entirely incompetent with Donald at the lead.

Thumb sucking excuses from party zealots. How delightful. :lol:

Yes, the GOP technically holds majorities in both houses of Congress as well as the Presidency, but this has not translated into unfettered control of the federal government. At most, conservative Republican and liberal Democratic votes are divided equally in the Senate, with a couple of RINOs holding the balance of power. In addition, the bulk of the federal bureaucracy remains solidly under the control of unelected Democrats.

Thus the argument that we now have a one-party government is fallacious at best. However, this was the case in 1994 and 2010, when voters threw out the ruling Democrats. One can only hope that voters understand the difference in 2018.
Soros' latest book, The Age of Fallibility (Public Affairs 2006), is a pamphlet-like espousal of his beliefs, political, economic, philosophical, and nihilistic. In the book's prologue, he writes that the United States is the main obstacle to a stable and just world. Open-society billionaires like Soros are modern-day robber-barons who seek world domination –for themselves– by supporting all comers who attack the United States. The Democracy Alliance is a shadow group of billionaires led by Soros that acts as a financial clearinghouse to support radical left-wing groups. Under the guise of honest debate and political criticism, Soros and his followers seek a change in U.S. policies. In the United States, the Democrats are their party of choice, and the Democratic Party and its minions are receptive.

he'd be one of 'em sure.

did you set out a goal to be like him in this regard?

Nope, but that seems to be what works now days. The right demanded the end to civility. Looks like you got your wish. I hope the right realizes how bad they have screwed up our politics, and we can get back to civility as soon as he's gone, but you probably need to embrace integrity again too for that to happen.
so, we must do this your way "or else".

ill take the "or else"

I didn't set the standard. Check with your pussy grabber for that.
and when did he say "my way or else" again?

When do you think I said that?
good god - conversations are a bitch with you.
the left is doing the "my way OR ELSE we won't be civil"
i said i'd take the "or else"
you say PG set the standard for this (still on the OR ELSE convo here, with me?)
and now you're going to "trump never said that..."

you just trollin?

The fallacy is that the Republicans will ever accept responsibility once they do get power. Both houses of Congress, the Oval, 30+ governorships and everything negative is still the fault of someone else.

Forum List

Back