The faith of the co-conspirators.

forkup

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2016
I was listening to the Bulwark podcast. Something I can recommend. David French: Building a Legal Wall around Trump And they were talking about the reason for Jack Smith not including the co-conspirators in the indictment. One of them was speculating it was because Smith wanted room to get them to flip.

So I was thinking about how that would work.

First I thought that Jack Smith doesn't have a very strong hand. After all these people can make the calculation. Since I don't think Smith would offer full immunity. That the only chance of getting off without jail-time is hoping on a Trump election win, and a pardon.

Then though I realized something else. It's likely that one, more, or even all these people are going to get charged In Georgia too. Trump can't pardon them for those charges.

This changes the calculation considerably. All of a sudden they have to face the possibility that They're going to jail in Georgia regardless of any pardon they receive. So if chances are you're going to jail why not cooperate with both investigations in exchange for reduced sentences.

Last edited:
I was listening to the Bulwark podcast. Something I can recommend. David French: Building a Legal Wall around Trump And they were talking about the reason for Jack Smith not including the co-conspirators in the indictment. One of them was speculating it was because Smith wanted room to get them to flip.

First I thought that Jack Smith doesn't have a very strong hand. After all these people can make the calculation. Since I don't think Smith would offer full immunity. That the only chance of getting off without jail-time is hoping on a Trump election win, and a pardon.

Then though I realized something else. It's likely that one, more, or even all these people are going to get charged In Georgia too. Trump can't pardon them for those charges.

This changes the calculation considerably. All of a sudden they have to face the possibility that They're going to jail in Georgia regardless of any pardon they receive. So if chances are you're going to jail why not cooperate with both investigations in exchange for reduced sentences.
I do not know if you can still change the title of the thread, it is FATE not Faith. :)

It could be:

These co conspirators will be brought to trial separately, not in Trump's trial?

These co conspirators are still being worked on to cop a plea deal?

These co conspirators will be charged in a superseding indictment in Trump trial case?

It could be:

These co conspirators will be brought to trial separately, not in Trump's trial?

These co conspirators are still being worked on to cop a plea deal?

These co conspirators will be charged in a superseding indictment in Trump trial case?
Yes, that's my guess. There isn't a good reason not to charge them. So I'm guessing it's either because Smith wants the Trump trail to move as swiftly as possible. Or give them a chance to flip. Likely both reasons play a role.

Last edited:
Lol I can't. Well it's not the first time I've misspelled something. This is my third language in which I'm fluent. But the odd spelling error does creep in.

Don't worry about it, Ignore the spelling Nazis. Most of them just use Spellcheck anyway, so their post don't necessarily reflect their own spelling abilities.

Don't worry about it, Ignore the spelling Nazis. Most of them just use Spellcheck anyway, so their post don't necessarily reflect their own spelling abilities.
I'm not. I point out that I can have this conversation in Dutch and French too if I should choose. That usually, if they aren't using my spelling as a deflection, shuts them up.

Of course, usually that's the point of being a spelling Nazi. Not that I'm saying you are. You rightly pointed out something. Something I honestly appreciate.

Lol I can't. Well it's not the first time I've misspelled something. This is my third language in which I'm fluent. But the odd spelling error does creep in.
Nothing serious, I see a lot of it. I do not know how long before we start a thread we are not able to change a spelling or the title itself. All is good. :)

I have done myself.

I think that like in most cases, those who assist Trump in his illegal acts will be punished and Trump will get off

I think that like in most cases, those who assist Trump in his illegal acts will be punished and Trump will get off
I understand, but don't share your jadedness.

Firstly. Their haven't been any cases were Trump has been faced with the criminal justice system. All his previous brushes with the courts have been civil. I don't count the Mueller report since he had extraordinary legal defenses not available here.

I also don't share the common opinion from both left and right that juries will judge on their biases. I won't claim it's impossible, and lord knows I've seen juries come to conclusions I don't agree with, but a juror deciding a case in bad faith is not very common.

The reason is human nature, and the nature of the system. Judges instruct jurors how to look at the evidence and the charges. Jurors also tend to take what the judge said seriously. It's pretty hard to defend a bad faith decision during deliberations. People on here defend stuff they know is bullshit all the time. In a court setting, with other jurors in your face it's another matter entirely

Second, at least 2 of the indictments seem to be very strong. I suspect Georgia's will be equally so.

Third. He has 4 indictments and well over 70 felony counts to beat. Seems unlikely in my opinion.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Forum List

Back